So if you have a thang for Harry Potter...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

You'll like this video.

Gets you in the mood for Part 2, doesn't it? :)

Who will be seeing Part 2 midnight release? I will as I have finally read all the books and am VERY excited.

What say you, OT?

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

In before binpink.

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

Dang I thought this thread was gonna be of a sexual nature....

I am looking forward to part 2 though, I will not be seeing it at the midnight release though sadly :(

binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts

In before binpink.

entropyecho

Well thank you very much.

It will be the best and worst day of my life. The end.

PS I've attacked bf with my wand twice today. Yes I'm a psycho, yes I'll be there at midnight. Costumed and overwhelmed.

luisen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 luisen123
Member since 2006 • 6537 Posts

binpink

Well, I don't think anyone will be able to put it in a better way.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

Amazing video. Gosh I'm going to be crying my eyes out when that last movie ends.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

I'm excited for the movie, and I'll be going to the midnight screening.

MaddenVeteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MaddenVeteran
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
my film professor said it sucked and it was just three kids in a forest for 2 hours talking. and that real magicians don't use wands they use their hands and its just a controlling phallic symbol. the whole subtext is just them having a threesome and banging each other. harry potter died for me a long time ago
BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts

You'll like this video.

Who will be seeing Part 2 midnight release? I will as I have finally read all the books and am VERY excited.

What say you, OT?

mrmusicman247
Very cool, thanks for sharing. I will definitely be catching the midnight release. I have a family member who has just started reading the series, and it influenced me to go through and re-read it for the second time.
binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 binpink

my film professor said it sucked and it was just three kids in a forest for 2 hours talking. and that real magicians don't use wands they use their hands and its just a controlling phallic symbol. the whole subtext is just them having a threesome and banging each other. harry potter died for me a long time agoMaddenVeteran

Well if he said it sucked then it must be true. Nothing creepy about that at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-59913425220eb
deactivated-59913425220eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59913425220eb
Member since 2002 • 1772 Posts
emma watson is such a hottie. I really really wish she didn't cut her hair :(
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
Harry Potter has been huge in my life ever since I was six years old, so seeing the final movie will be both amazing and very sad. I honestly felt so empty upon completing the seventh book. I imagine that I'll feel similarly once the last movie finishes.
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
Part I was easily my favorite Potter movie, so I am cautious but looking forward to this movie. I'm not that big a fan of the series or universe itself however.
Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts
I used to but I haven't seen the last 2 or 3 movies. I think they take too long to come out so I just don't care anymore.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

i cant believe it's finally ending....this series(the movies anyway) dominated my childhood....the 7th movie part 1 give me the same feeling Toy story 3 did. The End of an era.

butteman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 butteman12
Member since 2005 • 2726 Posts

I'm gonna be such a mess when Part 2 ends :cry:

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts
I'm not sure what a "thang" is, but no.
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
wow man..that video is too much to take in,...
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrmusicman247

[QUOTE="entropyecho"]

In before binpink.

binpink

PS I've attacked bf with my wand twice today. Yes I'm a psycho, yes I'll be there at midnight. Costumed and overwhelmed.

Make sure you take pictures!

mywalletsgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mywalletsgone
Member since 2010 • 1344 Posts

[QUOTE="MaddenVeteran"]my film professor said it sucked and it was just three kids in a forest for 2 hours talking. and that real magicians don't use wands they use their hands and its just a controlling phallic symbol. the whole subtext is just them having a threesome and banging each other. harry potter died for me a long time agobinpink

Well if he said it sucked then it must be true. Nothing creepy about that at all.

lol he's a film professor, of course he has room to comment on it without being creepy. I bet he has more of a valid opinion than you do on it lol =]

DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts
I won't go to the Midnight Release but I will defintely see it, I mean I've seen the rest of the movies and read all the books so why not?
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrmusicman247
I won't go to the Midnight Release but I will defintely see it, I mean I've seen the rest of the movies and read all the books so why not?DeX2010
Exactly, exactly,
HexedPelican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HexedPelican
Member since 2011 • 590 Posts
I am not that excited, I have lost interest in Harry Potter years ago.
binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 binpink

lol he's a film professor, of course he has room to comment on it without being creepy. I bet he has more of a valid opinion than you do on it lol =]

mywalletsgone

"just a controlling phallic symbol." Of all things a wand reminds him of a penis LOL indeed, talk about overcompensating with hostility. No wonder he's cranky.

"the whole subtext is just them having a threesome and banging each other." Now I don't know about you but I can appreciate a movie about teenagers without creating a sexual situation for them in my mind. Which is not what was being suggested in the first place, so my opinion is quite valid when I say that yes, that is creepy. But maybe you think the same way he does so it sounds reasonable to you.

MaddenVeteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MaddenVeteran

[QUOTE="mywalletsgone"]

binpink

"just a controlling phallic symbol." Of all things a wand reminds him of a penis LOL indeed, talk about overcompensating with hostility. No wonder he's cranky.

"the whole subtext is just them having a threesome and banging each other." Now I don't know about you but I can appreciate a movie about teenagers without creating a sexual situation for them in my mind. Which is not what was being suggested in the first place, so my opinion is quite valid when I say that yes, that is creepy. But maybe you think the same way he does so it sounds reasonable to you.

well i don't know about you but I personally don't just eat up whatever society tells me to. such as going out on the first night of harry potter. and yes there are freudian interpretations of things so if Freud saw harry potter i'm sure he would say the same. and if he was alive today im sure you wouldnt be telling him he's an idiot. on the contrary i think he would be telling you. and as for subtext - is their not a love triangle of sorts? i recall seeing a clip of daniel radcliff and emma watson naked together... do you know what subtext is? what isnt said on the surface but is inferred. i think we can all enjoy movies about teenagers without making sexual subtext - that doesnt mean it isn't in this film.
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Harry Potter really was a big part of my childhood and with the final film ending it it's like my childhood is ending too.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrmusicman247

Harry Potter really was a big part of my childhood and with the final film ending it it's like my childhood is ending too.

martinX3X
Your childhood will never end.
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts
Ill be there. Most likely I will see it 3 times. I will make this my first attempt at a 3d movie, so to make it special. I will see t at midnight at my favorite theater near a college campus. They serve drinks there, and have love seats and a balcony. Then I will see it before it ends its theater run again.
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TBoogy
PS, as far as having a "thang" goes, if I were at Hogwarts I'd do Luna. She cracks me up. Id most likely be in Ravenclaw too. Used to want to be Griffyndor, but i see now that I was wrong. Id also have a crush on Cho. :-)
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127528 Posts
I'm looking forward to the movie, although I will hate it being over and hate the end of the movie :P
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TBoogy

You'll like this video.

What say you, OT?

mrmusicman247
Wow! Just actually clicked the link. That was hot! The guy that edited that is really good.! He should be hired to make every trailer ever.
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#32 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
That seemed to be one whole large allegory for puberty. Just sayin.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
i hate it
binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 binpink

well i don't know about you but I personally don't just eat up whatever society tells me to. such as going out on the first night of harry potter. and yes there are freudian interpretations of things so if Freud saw harry potter i'm sure he would say the same. and if he was alive today im sure you wouldnt be telling him he's an idiot. on the contrary i think he would be telling you. ... MaddenVeteran

You think I'm an idiot, that's all I need to know.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts

Chill guys we don't want this thread turning into a spell war. Anyways on the video, damn that was good got me more excited than the actual trailers. I remember how it all started never thought it would reach this far. A part of me didn't want for it to get this far :(

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mrmusicman247

Chill guys we don't want this thread turning into a spell war. Anyways on the video, damn that was good got me more excited than the actual trailers. I remember how it all started never thought it would reach this far. A part of me didn't want for it to get this far :(

Darthkaiser
I know exactly how you feel. I remember when me and my friends were saying that the movies wouldn't get past the 3rd book :P
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
[QUOTE="Darthkaiser"]

mrmusicman247
I know exactly how you feel. I remember when me and my friends were saying that the movies wouldn't get past the 3rd book :P

I know right? I remember when people were saying there was not gonna be a 5th book. It was good to know you could always expect a new harry potter movie in the upcoming year, shame those times are over
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

I'll be seeing it solely for the phalic penis wands and the divination crystal testical balls. Jiminy jilickers. :roll:Your Movie Teacher obviously knows nothing about history. Can't wait for this movie.

Alchemist252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Alchemist252
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts

I probobly won't go see it at a midnight release but definately on the weekend. I have read every book at least 3 times and ditto goes for the movies (except part 1 which just came out a short time ago). Nothing except maybe Pokemon played a greater role in my childhood so this will be very sad to see the last of the movies related to the books.

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

I enjoyed the books, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mrmusicman247

I probobly won't go see it at a midnight release but definately on the weekend. I have read every book at least 3 times and ditto goes for the movies (except part 1 which just came out a short time ago). Nothing except maybe Pokemon played a greater role in my childhood so this will be very sad to see the last of the movies related to the books.

Alchemist252
I see you also are a fan of Kingdom Hearts. Pokemon, Harry Potter, Kingdom Hearts...you're alright in my book :)
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

my film professor said it sucked and it was just three kids in a forest for 2 hours talking. and that real magicians don't use wands they use their hands and its just a controlling phallic symbol. the whole subtext is just them having a threesome and banging each other. harry potter died for me a long time agoMaddenVeteran
So, every time someone uses a wand, they actually are representing....(whether they know it or not)

I don't know about that.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mrmusicman247
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="MaddenVeteran"]my film professor said it sucked and it was just three kids in a forest for 2 hours talking. and that real magicians don't use wands they use their hands and its just a controlling phallic symbol. the whole subtext is just them having a threesome and banging each other. harry potter died for me a long time ago

So, every time someone uses a wand, they actually are representing....(whether they know it or not)

That's Freud for ya.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="MaddenVeteran"]my film professor said it sucked and it was just three kids in a forest for 2 hours talking. and that real magicians don't use wands they use their hands and its just a controlling phallic symbol. the whole subtext is just them having a threesome and banging each other. harry potter died for me a long time ago

That's Freud for ya.

It wouldn't surprise me.
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#45 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="martinX3X"]

B-b-b-b-but the ending of Toy Story 3.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mrmusicman247
[QUOTE="Wilfred_Owen"][QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="martinX3X"]

B-b-b-b-but the ending of Toy Story 3.

That just proves that we still have a child in us all!
MaddenVeteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MaddenVeteran

[QUOTE="MaddenVeteran"] well i don't know about you but I personally don't just eat up whatever society tells me to. such as going out on the first night of harry potter. and yes there are freudian interpretations of things so if Freud saw harry potter i'm sure he would say the same. and if he was alive today im sure you wouldnt be telling him he's an idiot. on the contrary i think he would be telling you. ... binpink

if you think that established philosophical views aren't legitimate then yes i do.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mrmusicman247
[QUOTE="binpink"]

[QUOTE="MaddenVeteran"] well i don't know about you but I personally don't just eat up whatever society tells me to. such as going out on the first night of harry potter. and yes there are freudian interpretations of things so if Freud saw harry potter i'm sure he would say the same. and if he was alive today im sure you wouldnt be telling him he's an idiot. on the contrary i think he would be telling you. ... MaddenVeteran

if you think that established philosophical views aren't legitimate then yes i do.

I thought Freud was a psychologist...
binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 binpink

[QUOTE="binpink"]

MaddenVeteran

11 posts in and you've already gone way overboard and insulted someone. Nice work.

MaddenVeteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MaddenVeteran
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="MaddenVeteran"][QUOTE="binpink"] Freud was a psychologist. Oedipus complex is a theory. philosophy is a synonym of theory, so yes. we are both correct.

[QUOTE="MaddenVeteran"][QUOTE="binpink"]

binpink

11 posts in and you've already gone way overboard and insulted someone. Nice work.

who have i instultd and how?