So i may be sponsored to fight in MMA matches...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

Well, i have been looking for a job for over a year but i have a felony so its real hard or next to impossiable. Also, ive gone through a divorce and lost a lot of things and dont even have a car. I'm so far in a hole that when i look up i cant even see the light anymore.

Anyhow, im 32 right now and there is a MMA fight hole a block away from my house. I used to fight back when i was 18 and 19. Back then i did it cause i wanted attention and respect i guess. However, now i want to do it cause i need money and simply need to survive.

Well i went to that fight hole and told them my situation and that i simply want to fight for money but the last time i've fought was over 10 years ago and the last cople years i've only been sitting around smoking and playing xbox.

He said hell give me a shot. Ill have to train twice a day 6 days a week. If everything goes as planned ill have start fighting in 3 months and if i do good and win some fights ill have the chance to fight for 1 to 2 grand per fight. All the training will be free and they take 20% of winnings. I'll have medical coverage in case i get jacked up.

So, heres what i think about it. Now that i'm older i really dont like fighting anymore and i really dont really like attention the only reason why im doing this is for the money. Moreover, i dont even know what im capableof anymore.

Do you guys think this is a good idea since this is the only way i can make money?

AfroPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AfroPirate
Member since 2008 • 675 Posts

Sure this isn't a plot to a movie?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Your ability to read and write precludes you from participation in any MMA activities.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

I might as well get this out of the way

UFC is a work

kthxbye

hadoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hadoken
Member since 2003 • 2730 Posts

Sure this isn't a plot to a movie?

AfroPirate
Jacen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jacen22
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts

Don't do MMA unless you are 100% in to it. You could come out worse than you were when you went in.

You said it your self that you dont like to fight anymore, the guys that you meet in there are dudes that love to fight and are looking to seriously hurt to boost their names up.

There are other alternatives like the military. Go Air Force or Navy if you dont want to go to war. Cut off age is 35 to enlist.

I did 4 years after high school and came out good, plus my college is paid for as is my apartment.

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
DO IT. Post the video.
nickz_fpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nickz_fpk
Member since 2010 • 1458 Posts

Hmm what weight division would you be fighting in?

zatero21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zatero21
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
good luck for whatever your decision is but i will suggest to consider Jacen22's point too before taking any decision. What he said here makes complete sense to me.
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

Don't do MMA unless you are 100% in to it. You could come out worse than you were when you went in.

You said it your self that you dont like to fight anymore, the guys that you meet in there are dudes that love to fight and are looking to seriously hurt to boost their names up.

There are other alternatives like the military. Go Air Force or Navy if you dont want to go to war. Cut off age is 35 to enlist.

I did 4 years after high school and came out good, plus my college is paid for as is my apartment.

Jacen22

well i did enlist to the army but got discharged cause of a medical condition so thats not an choice or else i'd go for it, any way, i know the game and even though i wouldnt like it, in fact i'm sure i'd hate it, i'd be hell bent on hurting the other guy to boost my name up as well. Bigger name means more money and thats what i'm after. I have been in a ton of fights which means i know what its like to win and know what its like to get your ass handed to you. The way im approaching this is like any other job. I mean i cant think of one job i ever really liked but i was always good at my job. The fact of this matter is i have two things i can do. Just sit around rotting away or try to fight my way out of this. I figure that if i can fight for 2 years ill have a car, money saved up, i can pay child support, pay off like 4 grand in court fines and other debts, etc. I am not exaggerating one bit when i say this is my only oppurnity. In my town there is a 40% unemployment rate, i have no car to look elsewhere, moreover, i have a felony which makes it find any job apart from my other issues. So when i say i can lay around, smoke and play xbox or try and be a fighter is really only my two choices. However, although i'd like the former, i need the latter for the money. And for the person who asked i'd be a heavy weight.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Better than sitting around and doing nothing.