So I just got a job with Microsoft promoting the Xbox One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blizz87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blizz87
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

So I just got hired by Mosaic and Microsoft to promote the Xbox One in local Best Buy stores from November- January. The pay is 17 bucks an hour and they are flying everyone out to Microsoft HQ in Seattle in early November for training. I am pretty excited because I was planning on getting the Xbox One and being paid to just talk about it and demo it in stores is a dream. So I was just wondering if any of you applied for this job or would you take a job like this? Like I said, it seems like a pretty sweet gig especially since the holidays are coming up. Wonder if Sony is doing the same with the ps4?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38685 Posts

marketing lesson number 1. --ck off.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts

Lol consoles, my condolences

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Why would you want a job that involves spending your day lying to people? If you were truthful you'd have to tell every customer, the xbox one sucks, go buy the PS4. Sounds like a pretty crappy gig to me.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Congrads on the new job. Pretty interesting how they're actually flying you out for the training.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

Why would you want a job that involves spending your day lying to people? If you were truthful you'd have to tell every customer, the xbox one sucks, go buy the PS4. Sounds like a pretty crappy gig to me.

Not alot of jobs out there that are not minimum wage and the pay seems decent... Plus getting an expenses paid trip to Microsoft is not exactly bad.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

Did you train in SW?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

Lol this guy.

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Lol this guy.

lol keep trolling Hippo.

We all know Xbox-One doesn't have any decent games on release, it's hardware is sub-par in comparison to everything but Iphones and the WiiU.
Plus they're changing things left and right since no-one liked their "Not online? Guess you can't play your Single Player games" concept.

It would suck to have a job selling used cars, because You'd know when you're selling someone a **** car. But promoting the Xbox-One?
Might as well be promoting the taste of dog ****.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

I would lie my ass off for $17/hr. Yes the X1 is god and can do no wrong blah blah blah. Thanks for the check Microsoft. *runs off to buy PS4*

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

There's plenty of fanboys to choose from.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
@Nibroc420 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Lol this guy.

lol keep trolling Hippo.

We all know Xbox-One doesn't have any decent games on release, it's hardware is sub-par in comparison to everything but Iphones and the WiiU.

Plus they're changing things left and right since no-one liked their "Not online? Guess you can't play your Single Player games" concept.

It would suck to have a job selling used cars, because You'd know when you're selling someone a **** car. But promoting the Xbox-One?

>Decent games

Completely subjective. If you liked Dead Rising, you'd consider Dead Rising 3 decent. Forza is a critically acclaimed series. If you like Forza, you'll like Forza 5. If you enjoy COD (lol COD), you will enjoy COD Ghosts. If you enjoy FIFA, you will enjoy FIFA 14.

Plus, what if you don't give a shit about games? Think about that for a second. My housemate is getting one *JUST* because she likes Kinect fitness games, she plays them every single day.

Again, see "STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE" mentality. Not everybody has the same preferences as you. A machine like the Xbone is only as good as the individual needs it satisfies from person to person.

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@Nibroc420 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Lol this guy.

lol keep trolling Hippo.

lol

tell him to keep trolling, then fill his dish. i like your style

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

@Ninja-Hippo said:
@Nibroc420 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Lol this guy.

lol keep trolling Hippo.

>Decent games

Completely subjective. If you liked Dead Rising, you'd consider Dead Rising 3 decent. Forza is a critically acclaimed series. If you like Forza, you'll like Forza 5. If you enjoy COD (lol COD), you will enjoy COD Ghosts. If you enjoy FIFA, you will enjoy FIFA 14.

Plus, what if you don't give a shit about games? Think about that for a second. My housemate is getting one *JUST* because she likes Kinect fitness games, she plays them every single day.

Again, see "STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE" mentality. Not everybody has the same preferences as you. A machine like the Xbone is only as good as the individual needs it satisfies from person to person.

Sure, and a computer from 2001 would work for the average senior who only wants to check email and google things.
However that doesn't mean it's a quality product, and it doesn't mean I shouldn't laugh if i see some rep trying to upsell a POS computer.

Likewise, the Xbox-One (wtf are you calling an X-bone?) isn't a quality product, and One would naturally feel like a douche trying to claim it is.
Which is why I compared it to selling used cars you know are ****.

TC: Don't forget to remind people that for the first year or so M$ couldn't make an Xbox360 that wouldn't melt both your games and it's own MOBO

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

I get the feeling that you're simply trying to turn OT into System Wars.