SLASH on American Idol = Sign of the Apocalypse.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for InsomniacZombie
InsomniacZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 InsomniacZombie
Member since 2003 • 805 Posts

As a child of the 80s and 90s, G&N was a large part of my music selection....

Appetite, Use Your Illusion, heck even the friggin Spaghetti Incident dominated my CD player for most of my teen years....

Fast Foward to tonite, I come home to my wife watching American Idol, and who do I see on this souless bi-product of poser crap????

FREAKIN SLASH!!!!

This is indeed a dark DARK day for music, A true bada$$ has been lost to the crap machine.....

-_Rain_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -_Rain_-
Member since 2009 • 886 Posts

The sign of the apocalypse came seven years ago, when American Idol first aired. Now comes the Battle of Megiddo.

InsomniacZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 InsomniacZombie

True enough...

FREE LIFE LESSON guys, dont get married, unless you want your TV being taken hostage by crap like this....:cry:

Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Oblivionfan10
Member since 2008 • 6327 Posts
I think Slash just was bored and needed something to do
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
The really amazing thing is that people think Slash is, or ever was, in any way, some sort of anti-establishment alternative rocker. Guns N Roses were the absolute epitome of sell-outs from day one.
InsomniacZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 InsomniacZombie

The really amazing thing is that people think Slash is, or ever was, in any way, some sort of anti-establishment alternative rocker. Guns N Roses were the absolute epitome of sell-outs from day one. Ninja-Hippo

See what your saying, but I would say that Axel was the sellout, and it ultimatly lead to the end of G&R. You look at the videos they made for Estranged and November Rain, which were wayyy to over dramatic moviesque videos, and were about as far away from rock as they could be. (i.e. swimming with dolphins)

Although any group that ends up successful always ends up being a "sellout" in most people eyes anyway...

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Riiiiiiight. they always bring in some famous rockers once in a while. It's called "I'm already successful and don't have to prove myself so I'll just go and have some fun on this show" and not "OMG American Idol is destroying the world AAAAAARRRRGHHHH"

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Aparrently you dont know Adam and Allison. This was an amazing episode of AI tonight.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]The really amazing thing is that people think Slash is, or ever was, in any way, some sort of anti-establishment alternative rocker. Guns N Roses were the absolute epitome of sell-outs from day one. InsomniacZombie

See what your saying, but I would say that Axel was the sellout, and it ultimatly lead to the end of G&R. You look at the videos they made for Estranged and November Rain, which were wayyy to over dramatic moviesque videos, and were about as far away from rock as they could be. (i.e. swimming with dolphins)

Although any group that ends up successful always ends up being a "sellout" in most people eyes anyway...

that is exaclty why I dont like that term. OMG they made a bunch of money they must be sellouts!! Can't they just be idk good or something?
entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

Axl would have been better.

kono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 kono11
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

Huhuhuhahahah? WTF!

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
[QUOTE="Serraph105"] that is exaclty why I dont like that term. OMG they made a bunch of money they must be sellouts!! Can't they just be idk good or something?

I'm not saying they're sellouts because they made money, by any means, i'm just saying it's silly that people have been freaking out lately at Slash for appearing on MTV shows and stuff like American Idol as if he's selling out his ideals; he never had any to begin with, nor did GNR.
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts

I didn't really look that much into it, didn't seem like a big deal to me. Not like he was up there performing. Adam was impressive tonight though