Skateboarding vs Snowboarding vs Surfing, which is the most difficult?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts
i tried all 3. i skated for 6 years, I stopped after my last skateboard broke. I still snowboard during the winter seasons. But I would say surfing is the most difficult. I only tried it once during vacation. I just couldn't get the hang of it.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Skateboarding is the easiest to pickup, but the hardest to master. Riding the board, and even jumping with it can be picked up by most people who try... but manipulating the board when it isn't attached to your feet, or sliding around on rails and ledges and landing it on solid ground and continuing on is incredibly hard.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

Skateboarding is the most difficult and snowboard is the easiest. I found snowboarding to be boring. Plus it's expensive. Surfing falls inbetween.

But then you grow up and don't have any time to do any of if. Not unless a tennis shoe company or equipment company pays you to do it. But that's only if you're good enough to make kids idolize you and buy the cloths & shoes you wear. And buy the equipment you use.

MagnumPI
Snowboarding is far from boring, I can't see how spending hours trying to flip a board is fun but carving up the untracked powder is boring. Snowboarding is just so much fun when you have to whole mountain to yourself with endless bowls/1/4 pipes and a fresh dump of snow, it's like when you get the perfect wave surfing. I guess some people just don't find the awesome part of snow sports and have never left the groomed runs which is like only riding the white water. If you have time to play video games you have time to skate, it is always right outside your door if you live in any urban area.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
I think it maybe surfing. I would imagine balancing yourself on water is pretty hard.
JadeNic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 JadeNic
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

I've done all three. Since I am actually pretty good at snowboarding, I assume it is the easiest. I would say surfing is the most difficult, purely because the surface can be unpredictable.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 imprezawrx500
Well, I think when you're younger, you don't have as far to fall either...lol. I'm just starting to get into skateboarding and snowboarding and have wanted to learn to surf since I was 12 (almost 15 years since then, and still haven't had the chance to try it). My reasoning was that skateboarding looks SO awesome and fun and challenging, but I agree that I would rather fall in the snow than on the pavement. I'm still trying to work up the courage to just leap into skateboarding...even though the board has been in my house for about 4 years now...lol. I know I'm a pansy/coward, but I am excited for snow season to start so I can at least start with the snowboarding.michomcgarrh
just find somewhere smooth and flat, start with standing on it then start pushing it, then learn to carve by leaning onto your toes/heals. The turning is pretty much identical. I had never really skated besides a month or so when I was a kid and never go confident on it, but then tried skating again this summer and I had no trouble riding it on my first go. If you are worried about the pain of falling just wear some padded gloves and it wont hurt very much, and make sure you never wear shorts, takes all the skin off if your bare knee scrapes the pavement.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 imprezawrx500

I've done all three. Since I am actually pretty good at snowboarding, I assume it is the easiest. I would say surfing is the most difficult, purely because the surface can be unpredictable.

JadeNic
I totally agree, I've been surfing for like 10 years and I'm still only average at it while with snowboarding I've do it about the same and can go down any slope of jumps etc without any problem.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts
I'd say surfing, because I've tried all three(though I've invested differing amount of time in them) and it was the one that took the longest to get a grasp of.
Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
Surfing takes the longest to even learn how to stand on the board period...so I'd say that.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

I've never had an opportunity to surf but between skateboarding and snowboarding I would say that skateboarding is definitely harder. (while snowboarding is considerably more fun)

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
I think that surfing probably is, because the ocean is unpredictable. Also, I don't respect reckless endeavors. If people have fun doing that stuff, good for them, but I don't "respect" it.
Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts
I have only tried skateboarding, but I think surfing is the hardest..