since when were schools so strict about this

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for stick_manoncrac
stick_manoncrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stick_manoncrac
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts
how kids dress. just because your shirt isnt tucked in doesnt mean your in a gang or dressed "inappropiatly" just because your wearing black red blue or somthing thats a "gang" color doesnt mean your in a gang. even a cop who came in to teach a lesson said that schools are way to strict about this. right a kindergartner who doesnt even know what a damn gang is automatically a blood because he wore a red shirt to school i should kick the district leader person in the shin for this
Qii-Xii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Qii-Xii
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts

how kids dress. just because your shirt isnt tucked in doesnt mean your in a gang or dressed "inappropiatly" just because your wearing black red blue or somthing thats a "gang" color doesnt mean your in a gang. even a cop who came in to teach a lesson said that schools are way to strict about this. right a kindergartner who doesnt even know what a damn gang is automatically a blood because he wore a red shirt to school i should kick the district leader person in the shin for thisstick_manoncrac

Woah...

g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts

link???

anyways, anywhere there is known gang related activity happening by all means a district should impose a dress code, the less drama the better, and is it that big of a deal if you cant wear a red shirt?

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
is it the school (teacher, principal) or just the students labelling them as gansters?
Pelicans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Pelicans
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
I do agree with you somewhat but not all schools are that strict.
giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 giton
Member since 2007 • 1745 Posts

link???

anyways, anywhere there is known gang related activity happening by all means a district should impose a dress code, the less drama the better, and is it that big of a deal if you cant wear a red shirt?

g-unit248

huh? wut? how does enforcing a dress code with arbitrary restrictions like "no red shirt" deter gang activity?

stick_manoncrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stick_manoncrac

ya know what i just found out a different high school in the same district is full of WHITE kids and doesnet have a dress code enforced and my school is full of DIVERSITY and has a dress code i think there is some discrimination here

g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
[QUOTE="g-unit248"]

link???

giton

huh? wut? how does enforcing a dress code with arbitrary restrictions like "no red shirt" deter gang activity?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crips#Gang_identification

i knows it a wiki but im about to go to bed so it will have to do, anyway, if this is imposed in white suburbia, it seems pretty nonsensical, but i sure as hell wouldn't walk through a public school in a big city with a blue bandanna hanging out of the left side of my pants

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

Punctuation would be very helpful next time.

But to answer your question, I agree that they are strict.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
i remember when working at old navy that a mother returned her daughter's shirt and pants because her school wouldn't allow a shirt that has more than 3 buttons, and pants with more than 3 pockets........WTF!!! im glad i go to college..private school was terrible because of dress codes.
stick_manoncrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stick_manoncrac
who gives a crap about punctuation you can still read it cant you so just shut the hell up
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LOLhahaDEAD

who gives a crap about punctuation you can still read it cant you so just shut the hell upstick_manoncrac

No. I can't tell which sentence is which, if there are any. I don't know if you're using contractions or not, and I can't tell when to pause in between words.

Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
Wow is this your school anyway link?
stick_manoncrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stick_manoncrac

[QUOTE="stick_manoncrac"]who gives a crap about punctuation you can still read it cant you so just shut the hell upLOLhahaDEAD

No. I can't tell which sentence is which, if there are any. I don't know if you're using contractions or not, and I can't tell when to pause in between words.

I DONT CARE i will never use punctuation on the internet neverrrrrrrrrrr

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LOLhahaDEAD
[QUOTE="LOLhahaDEAD"]

[QUOTE="stick_manoncrac"]who gives a crap about punctuation you can still read it cant you so just shut the hell upstick_manoncrac

I hope you don't follow the same idea in your English class.

Babolu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Babolu
Member since 2005 • 498 Posts

how kids dress. just because your shirt isnt tucked in doesnt mean your in a gang or dressed "inappropiatly" just because your wearing black red blue or somthing thats a "gang" color doesnt mean your in a gang. even a cop who came in to teach a lesson said that schools are way to strict about this. right a kindergartner who doesnt even know what a damn gang is automatically a blood because he wore a red shirt to school i should kick the district leader person in the shin for thisstick_manoncrac

Most school systems might try to say that it helps kids concentrate and not pestering other kids about what they were. Uh huh nobody will ever solve that.

stick_manoncrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 stick_manoncrac
[QUOTE="stick_manoncrac"][QUOTE="LOLhahaDEAD"]

[QUOTE="stick_manoncrac"]who gives a crap about punctuation you can still read it cant you so just shut the hell upLOLhahaDEAD

I hope you don't follow the same idea in your English class.

why would i do something like that its just retarded

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
I could care less, im going to a Maritime college, Im required to wear uniforms, that have to be perfect. Get over it, wow so someone wants you to look half way decent and not a slob, who cares.
LUI360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LUI360
Member since 2005 • 1790 Posts
My school is really strict about that (it's in LA) so they make us wear only white, navy blue, and khaki. The other day, some kid was wearing one of those Dickies khaki shirts and some Dickies khaki pants and he got in trouble and was sent home because of the connection between khaki suits and gangs.
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#20 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts
As much as school may seem like it sucks with all it's rules, all their doing is preparing you for the harsh reality of what will be adult like for 99.99% of you out there.... a job at some company with rules, taxes you pay with too many damn rules, etc. Everything is about structure. But structure keeps things running smoothly, a small price to pay.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LOLhahaDEAD

stick_manoncrac

I have no idea which you're referring too. Maybe if you used proper grammar I'd be able to answer your question properly.

stick_manoncrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stick_manoncrac

My school is really strict about that (it's in LA) so they make us wear only white, navy blue, and khaki. The other day, some kid was wearing one of those Dickies khaki shirts and some Dickies khaki pants and he got in trouble and was sent home because of the connection between khaki suits and gangs.LUI360

what navy blue a kid got arrested for wearing that at my school although it had a huge picture of 2-pac on it

LUI360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LUI360
Member since 2005 • 1790 Posts

[QUOTE="LUI360"]My school is really strict about that (it's in LA) so they make us wear only white, navy blue, and khaki. The other day, some kid was wearing one of those Dickies khaki shirts and some Dickies khaki pants and he got in trouble and was sent home because of the connection between khaki suits and gangs.stick_manoncrac

what navy blue a kid got arrested for wearing that at my school although it had a huge picture of 2-pac on it

Naw the shirt was khaki colored.But some kidgot arrested? Wow that's way too harsh a punishmentfor dressing a certain way.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

As much as school may seem like it sucks with all it's rules, all their doing is preparing you for the harsh reality of what will be adult like for 99.99% of you out there.... a job at some company with rules, taxes you pay with too many damn rules, etc. Everything is about structure. But structure keeps things running smoothly, a small price to pay.Yagami-Iori

HAHAHA, or squad leaders just gave us like that exact speech. He was complaining that our uniforms werent good enough and stuff and explained how when yuo go to get a job, especially one that requires suits and is very formal, you ll have to look good, youll have to look clean and formal. Thats why we shine our shoes and make sure our uniforms are perfect, its preperation so that when we get jobs we will always make sure we look good.

Daffy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Daffy101
Member since 2006 • 911 Posts
I kinda know how you feel. The school I used to go to..if you had a chain on your wallet, it had to be 6 inches or less or it was a gang symbol...if you wore a bandana, you had to take it off cause it's a gang symbol..etc i think it's kinda ridiculous
-Twilight-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Twilight-
Member since 2005 • 8931 Posts
[QUOTE="giton"][QUOTE="g-unit248"]

link???

g-unit248

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crips#Gang_identification

i knows it a wiki but im about to go to bed so it will have to do, anyway, if this is imposed in white suburbia, it seems pretty nonsensical, but i sure as hell wouldn't walk through a public school in a big city with a blue bandanna hanging out of the left side of my pants

That's why I would think most schools band the wearing of bandanas, plus it's 2007, it's not like you see Crips walking down the street wearing blue to the socks anymore.
icabog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 icabog
Member since 2005 • 174 Posts

I got dress coded for wearing a sleevless shirt and the principle said that only girls can wear sleevless because guys grow hair under there arm pit and she said it is a palotion to the enviroment. She said even if i shave it is the oder.

MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
they've always been strict. they want kids to have morals and be brought up in society correctly
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#30 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts

[QUOTE="Yagami-Iori"]As much as school may seem like it sucks with all it's rules, all their doing is preparing you for the harsh reality of what will be adult like for 99.99% of you out there.... a job at some company with rules, taxes you pay with too many damn rules, etc. Everything is about structure. But structure keeps things running smoothly, a small price to pay.SaintLeonidas

HAHAHA, or squad leaders just gave us like that exact speech. He was complaining that our uniforms werent good enough and stuff and explained how when yuo go to get a job, especially one that requires suits and is very formal, you ll have to look good, youll have to look clean and formal. Thats why we shine our shoes and make sure our uniforms are perfect, its preperation so that when we get jobs we will always make sure we look good.

And I've never even been in the Army, just the business world ;)
Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts
well if its a school in the ghetto, im not surprised. Its good to keep them out of the gang scene early before they are brainwashed. Family members and close friends who are in gangs tend to try and brainwash little kids and so they will do stuff like this and make them wear gang colors and stuff.
CheddarLimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 CheddarLimbo
Member since 2006 • 3909 Posts
I am totally 100% fine with schools having strict dress codes. I'm even for uniforms in public schools.
Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts

I am totally 100% fine with schools having strict dress codes. I'm even for uniforms in public schools.CheddarLimbo

yeah, i dont mind wearing a snazzy uniform, looks good and classy.

giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 giton
Member since 2007 • 1745 Posts

As much as school may seem like it sucks with all it's rules, all their doing is preparing you for the harsh reality of what will be adult like for 99.99% of you out there.... a job at some company with rules, taxes you pay with too many damn rules, etc. Everything is about structure. But structure keeps things running smoothly, a small price to pay.Yagami-Iori

rules serve no purpose but to separate the conformists from the non-conformists. when it come to rules, my motto is "break it".

stick_manoncrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 stick_manoncrac
im going to bed now so uhh yeah..
TongHua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TongHua
Member since 2007 • 2929 Posts

[QUOTE="Yagami-Iori"]As much as school may seem like it sucks with all it's rules, all their doing is preparing you for the harsh reality of what will be adult like for 99.99% of you out there.... a job at some company with rules, taxes you pay with too many damn rules, etc. Everything is about structure. But structure keeps things running smoothly, a small price to pay.giton

rules serve no purpose but to separate the conformists from the non-conformists. when it come to rules, my motto is "break it".

You rebel.

DMRaMeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DMRaMeX
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts
[QUOTE="stick_manoncrac"]

LOLhahaDEAD

I have no idea which you're referring too. Maybe if you used proper grammar I'd be able to answer your question properly.

You need to take english classes if you can't understand what's he's saying. So what if he doesn't use proper grammar, is this an english class? Smartass.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

link???

g-unit248

agreed

M1Hunter66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 M1Hunter66
Member since 2005 • 2653 Posts

[QUOTE="Yagami-Iori"]As much as school may seem like it sucks with all it's rules, all their doing is preparing you for the harsh reality of what will be adult like for 99.99% of you out there.... a job at some company with rules, taxes you pay with too many damn rules, etc. Everything is about structure. But structure keeps things running smoothly, a small price to pay.SaintLeonidas

Either your squad leader is lying to you or is a moron. The reason why your uniform needs to be soooooo great in the military is to help build and maintain disipline. The only thing you "prepare" for in the military is to kill the enemy.

icabog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 icabog
Member since 2005 • 174 Posts
rules are ment to be broken. and this statement is a fact.
O_OdazX_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 O_OdazX_X
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
The all girls school/sixth form by my college has a strict and rather *ahem* 'short skirted' uniform policy, can't say you hear us complaining ;)