Should public schools require students to wear uniforms?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Recycleation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Recycleation
Member since 2007 • 2758 Posts
If it requires wearing a Mankini then yes.
Basez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Basez2
Member since 2005 • 6922 Posts

No. Uniformity is boring. Elraptor

School isn't about having a social life, its about education. Social aspects of school are totally less-equal than the main mission of each and every school - to learn.

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
uniforms are stupid, just have a strict dress code with normal clothes and bam.
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts

No cause not everyone is gonna want to wear uniform

MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#55 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
no. that is hella dumb. kids should be allowed to dress however they want to as long as it is appropriate
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts

No, but everyone does seem to wear the same clothes, and most people have the same haircut...I stick out like a sore thumb.

THE_DRUGGIE
That's because you're always high.
CheddarLimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 CheddarLimbo
Member since 2006 • 3909 Posts

no. that is hella dumb. kids should be allowed to dress however they want to as long as it is appropriateMichaeltheCM

Well, that's the problem, though, isn't it? A lot of times what kids want to wear isn't appropriate.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#58 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts
[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

No, but everyone does seem to wear the same clothes, and most people have the same haircut...I stick out like a sore thumb.

Greatgone12

I do look like that kind of person, given the long hair and beard... :?

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 SpiritEmu
Member since 2006 • 3370 Posts
I don't like mods. :|
mayormoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 mayormoose
Member since 2007 • 836 Posts

All the publics I know of wear uniforms... where do they not???

mayormoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 mayormoose
Member since 2007 • 836 Posts

[QUOTE="Elraptor"]No. Uniformity is boring. Snomel

I thought school was meant to be boring anyway... :P

There are schools where you don't where uniforms?

Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Greatgone12
[QUOTE="Greatgone12"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

THE_DRUGGIE

And marijuana shirts?
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Greatgone12
[QUOTE="Snomel"]

[QUOTE="Elraptor"]No. Uniformity is boring. mayormoose

I thought school was meant to be boring anyway... :P

There are schools where you don't where uniforms?

Yes... Where do you live?
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
No.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 THE_DRUGGIE
[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="Greatgone12"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

Greatgone12

And marijuana shirts?

Only on weekends.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts

Yes!

1) I don't want to worry about what I'm going to wear in the morning.

2) Stupid social cliques are formed through clothes.

3) You're a sad person if you can only express yourself through clothes. People get to know me through my words and actions.

Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts
No, it's basically the state telling you what you have to wear and forcing you to wear it. Land of the free right?
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Greatgone12
[QUOTE="Greatgone12"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="Greatgone12"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

THE_DRUGGIE

And marijuana shirts?

Only on weekends.

That's the only time you leave the house, so it's perfectly reasonable for the average stranger to think you're a druggie.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
I don't mind it...
Avatar image for deactivated-614fa247a87ab
deactivated-614fa247a87ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 deactivated-614fa247a87ab
Member since 2003 • 1858 Posts

No, it's basically the state telling you what you have to wear and forcing you to wear it. Land of the free right?Headbanger88

No, it's basically MTV and Hollywood telling students what to wear and that it's cool to drive 100mph down the street with cocaine as long as you look good and have the right clothes on. Sounds like freedom to me.:roll:

queenfan66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#71 queenfan66
Member since 2006 • 2737 Posts
i wore uniforms before, they suck! no
THEDJXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 THEDJXL
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts

I would say no because the students already wear the same uniforms, Abercrombie & Fitch and American Eagle. And the good part about those uniforms is that the tax payers don't pay for it, the students and their parents do.

jt222_us

First off alot of people don't like those shirts. I personally don't.

Second, it is PUBLIC SCHOOL, not private. Alot of empovershed kids go to public schools, and some of them simply can't afford to pay for fancy uniforms.

Your logic phails.

Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts

[QUOTE="Headbanger88"]No, it's basically the state telling you what you have to wear and forcing you to wear it. Land of the free right?jt222_us

No, it's basically MTV and Hollywood telling students what to wear and that it's cool to drive 100mph down the street with cocaine as long as you look good and have the right clothes on. Sounds like freedom to me.:roll:

MTV isn't forcing anyone to wear their clothing. Who the hell drives 100mph with cocaine. If I had cocaine I'd be damn sure to drive like a grandma. Last thing you want is to get pulled over with cocaine in the backseat.

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts

[QUOTE="Headbanger88"]No, it's basically the state telling you what you have to wear and forcing you to wear it. Land of the free right?jt222_us

So that makes it okay for the government to control such things as what I wear? **** that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-614fa247a87ab
[QUOTE="jt222_us"]

I would say no because the students already wear the same uniforms, Abercrombie & Fitch and American Eagle. And the good part about those uniforms is that the tax payers don't pay for it, the students and their parents do.

THEDJXL

Second, it is PUBLIC SCHOOL, not private. Alot of empovershed kids go to public schools, and some of them simply can't afford to pay for fancy uniforms.

Your logic phails.

Hey, poor kids want what's cool also and I see plenty of them spending $100 dollars on a pair of sneakers. Beats me why they do it when their broke? It's not my logic, it's theirs.

Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts

I remember in 6th grade that my school wanted us to wear school uniforms (I'm in a Catholic school).

The styles that they gave us was weird and guess what for tops and jeans it was 600$

Most of the parents said no :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-614fa247a87ab
[QUOTE="jt222_us"]

[QUOTE="Headbanger88"]No, it's basically the state telling you what you have to wear and forcing you to wear it. Land of the free right?Headbanger88

MTV isn't forcing anyone to wear their clothing. Who the hell drives 100mph with cocaine. If I had cocaine I'd be damn sure to drive like a grandma. Last thing you want is to get pulled over with cocaine in the backseat.

Lindsay Lohan ring a bell? I'm being sarcastic but it's sad that our country cares about that.

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Def_Jef88

Only difference is that the media isnt FORCING THEM, they are INFLUENCING THEM. If the government wants to convince me to wear a uniform, they can try.... and fail.
JoshXXXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 JoshXXXXX
Member since 2005 • 16657 Posts
they just brought uniforms into the schools last school year, luckily, it was every school but the high school. Odd thing is that they are going to start making freshmens wear uniforms next year, then add sophomores, and so on and so forth. Lucky for me, I'm missing that part by one year.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 THE_DRUGGIE
[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="Greatgone12"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"][QUOTE="Greatgone12"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

Greatgone12

And marijuana shirts?

Only on weekends.

That's the only time you leave the house, so it's perfectly reasonable for the average stranger to think you're a druggie.

I think I shoud wear a tie die shirt and bandana one day...It would be funny to go to restaurants after 11 PM, seeing as the place is invaded by emos (the horrifyingly bad kind).

THEDJXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 THEDJXL
[QUOTE="THEDJXL"][QUOTE="jt222_us"]

jt222_us

Your logic phails.

Hey, poor kids want what's cool also and I see plenty of them spending $100 dollars on a pair of sneakers. Beats me why they do it when their broke? It's not my logic, it's theirs.

You live in a nice fantasy world. I'm sure you know many poor children that live way below poverty line.
So you are saying an 8 year old is the reason as to why his family is poor? Did you have a job when you were 8 years old?
All Children who are poor are poor because there parents are poor. It's pretty simple, only an idiot would think otherwise.

One main reason alot of kids who live in bad areas and come from poor backgrounds have nice shoes is because they save for years to buy them because in that culture having nice shoes is seen as the highest self respect you could give yourself. Considering they live in Rat infested cramped houses with large groups of people. They dearly need self respect.
Others sell drugs to buy them, or possibly they got them by robbing another person for them. Actually the most intelligent hypothesis is they stole them. Stealing shoes from a store is easy. Ive done it before.

You phail'D because you said "I see plenty of them spending $100 on a pair of sneakers" but I doubt you even know any truly poor kids. Maybe you consider every Black Kid you see poor, heres a newsflash, not all Black kids are poor. Or maybe you have been brainwashed by BET or MTV.

You are completely blind to the facts so I am preaching to the choir.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

Mini skirt mondays anyone? (for chicks)

on a similar note, should there be a law to wear thongs, to protect our eyes from fat...i mean undesirable

DejaVu72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DejaVu72
Member since 2007 • 980 Posts
No. It is completely pointless, a waste of money for the schools, and the kids hate them. I went to two schools that made you wear uniforms. The first made you only wear red, white, or blue shirts :roll:, and the second absolutely MUST have the school logo on it, or you have to go change. I go to a school without uniforms. It is completely pointless, and just causes the same, if not more dress code issues.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-614fa247a87ab
[QUOTE="jt222_us"][QUOTE="THEDJXL"][QUOTE="jt222_us"]

THEDJXL

Your logic phails.

You live in a nice fantasy world. I'm sure you know many poor children that live way below poverty line.
So you are saying an 8 year old is the reason as to why his family is poor? Did you have a job when you were 8 years old?
All Children who are poor are poor because there parents are poor. It's pretty simple, only an idiot would think otherwise.

One main reason alot of kids who live in bad areas and come from poor backgrounds have nice shoes is because they save for years to buy them because in that culture having nice shoes is seen as the highest self respect you could give yourself. Considering they live in Rat infested cramped houses with large groups of people. They dearly need self respect.
Others sell drugs to buy them, or possibly they got them by robbing another person for them. Actually the most intelligent hypothesis is they stole them. Stealing shoes from a store is easy. Ive done it before.

You phail'D because you said "I see plenty of them spending $100 on a pair of sneakers" but I doubt you even know any truly poor kids. Maybe you consider every Black Kid you see poor, heres a newsflash, not all Black kids are poor. Or maybe you have been brainwashed by BET or MTV.

So they should or shouldn't wear uniforms? What's your point? By the way, what store did you steal your shoes from? Was it worth it? Just curious.

THEDJXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 THEDJXL
[QUOTE="THEDJXL"][QUOTE="jt222_us"][QUOTE="THEDJXL"][QUOTE="jt222_us"]

jt222_us

Your logic phails.

So they should or shouldn't wear uniforms? What's your point? By the way, what store did you steal your shoes from? Was it worth it? Just curious.

I personally think Uniforms are retarded, and for some people, they can't afford them.
I forgot the name of it, but it was one of those chains that is in most places.
I bought some old T-Macs at Salvation Army, and walked into a real shoe store, and went to the section that had the T-Macs, took out the new ones, and put my old ones in and walked out wearing them.
I guess it was worth it. Now I buy everything, stealing is lame. But I got a $90 pair of shoes for free.

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#86 Redgarl
Member since 2002 • 13252 Posts
I would say yeah.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Def_Jef88
This whole "students get picked on because they cant buy expesnive clothes" thing is complete bull. I go to one of the snobbiest, rich people schools in the state and ive never seen anyone made fun of for wearing cheap clothes. And besides, theyre teenagers. If theyre gonna make fun of someone, you aint gonna stop them. Doesent matter what it is, they can find something to critisize. Clothes, height, weight, skin color, etc, etc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-614fa247a87ab

This whole "students get picked on because they cant buy expesnive clothes" thing is complete bull. I go to one of the snobbiest, rich people schools in the state and ive never seen anyone made fun of for wearing cheap clothes. And besides, theyre teenagers. If theyre gonna make fun of someone, you aint gonna stop them. Doesent matter what it is, they can find something to critisize. Clothes, height, weight, skin color, etc, etcDef_Jef88

that's true. they'll find whatever they want to pick on you for if they don't like you for some reason.

frizzyman0292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 frizzyman0292
Member since 2007 • 2855 Posts
I have went to private my whole life so I don't care. But no that would suck for them.
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts
no, i like to wear whatever i want
DaveGamer_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points