Should I go through with quitting my job?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts

3 months ago I started working at a McDonald's near me.

At first it was pretty fun and I had made friends with all the nice people who worked there but they all left leaving me alone with employees who are either new and haven't adjusted to working in the kitchen which makes my job harder or 16 year old girls with poor attitude.

I'm 20 something, I decided to work there only because I knew they're always hiring, you don't need any special skills or papers and I REALLY hate job hunting so I figured I'd try.

Working there has become a grind, I have nothing against hard work in fact I love it, I'm cool with the pay I didn't expect to make a fortune but I hate the fact that due to lack of employees I often do the work of 3 people which is especially annoying when we receive a delivery that weighs several hundred kilograms and all the help they give me is a single teenage girl who weighs less than a 50 kilo or when we close on weekends and have to prepare the place which means cleaning every machine in the place, all the floors, etc which means I only get home around 2-3 am.

Not to mention two weeks ago when we prepared the place I caught the supervisor sitting and snacking instead of cleaning which was what he was supposed to do so I did his work for him.

And he doesn't even treat me well.

Couple of days ago I told them I quit they were shocked and asked why, I explained that working there has become boring, that without my old work buddies I find it hard to work there.

So hoping you actually read all that, do you think I should go through with it or stay and put up with it because hey, money doesn't grow on trees and whatever the're paying me is better than nothing?

Just a little background, I'm 20, haven't decided what I wish to do with the rest of my life, it is unlikely I ever will because I'm sort of an underachiever with no life goals, I live at home so I don't have any expenses and during those 3 months I worked my ass off so with my previous paychecks and the one I'm about to get I have a couple of thousands in my bank account.

Even though quitting will make me feel better because I won't have to show up for work there everyday, I'm afraid I won't be able to find job.

I'm a hard worker, ain't afraid to get my hands dirty and all I seek is a min wage job to pass time so hopefully I won't stay unemployed for the rest of my life.

sorry for the wall of text.

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
Maybe you should keep that job and go to college, just work at mcdonalds part time?
Snakewiseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Snakewiseman
Member since 2009 • 1287 Posts

in this economy...

EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EatShanna

in this economy...

Snakewiseman
Actually, things here are pretty solid compared to the rest.
EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EatShanna
Maybe you should keep that job and go to college, just work at mcdonalds part time?imaps3fanboy
Why go to college when there's no area that interests me? It would be a waste of money.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
why not get a job at the airport... they pay well... or even walmart..
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

I explained that working there has become boring,

EatShanna

Welcome to real life.

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 imaps3fanboy
[QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"]Maybe you should keep that job and go to college, just work at mcdonalds part time?EatShanna
Why go to college when there's no area that interests me? It would be a waste of money.

theres gotta be something that interests you, what do you like to do for hobbies
theycallmeRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 theycallmeRP
Member since 2009 • 1656 Posts

There are jobs out there that you could do with out much experience that pay well. In N Out since you already have a little food experience, and i just saw something on yahoo that Costco is hiring and they start at 11 bucks. Or how about working as a waiter. My ex got a job at CPK without any food serving experience. If you cant though, get a trade. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty, welding is a good career. A trade school can get you doing that in like 6 months.

EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EatShanna
I don't have too many hobbies, just listening to music, playing games(obviously) and reading. I'm also fond of history but it's not something I'd like to do for a living. And uh, I like walking. A while ago I went on a walk from where I currently live to my old neighborhood which is located two cities away from me. The whole trip took me 8 hours. @aransom, "Welcome to real life." yeah thanks, not my first job. :P
Avatar image for CrisisFrmTheSky
CrisisFrmTheSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CrisisFrmTheSky
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

Couple of days ago I told them I quit

You said you quit. Stay quitting. Only quitters quit quitting. Don't be a non-committal quitter. Puppies get asthma every time you do.

Seriously though, attempt another job if it bores you. You're young and you live at home. Not bringing home a pay check doesn't mean shelter and food are in danger. Go out and try and get something else if you want.

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 imaps3fanboy

you should go into video game design if u like video games.

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
free cheese burgers dude..FREE
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts

You could always stay at McDonalds while looking for a new job. Just quit when you get hired somewhere better. Or if you really hate it and are financially well off you could just quit now.

kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

[QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"]Maybe you should keep that job and go to college, just work at mcdonalds part time?EatShanna

If you don't get a higher education, most likely the only places that will hire are places like Mcdonalds. Sometimes in life you got to do things you don't like in order to make a better life for yourself.

EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EatShanna
Like I mentioned I'm not aiming for the sky, I'm cool with min wage and hard work. I only care about the present while I attempt to decide the future. What bothers me is job hunting, I don't want to stay unemployed for too long.
kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kidsmelly

Like I mentioned I'm not aiming for the sky, I'm cool with min wage and hard work. I only care about the present while I attempt to decide the future. What bothers me is job hunting, I don't want to stay unemployed for too long.EatShanna

Just suck it up and grind it out til you do figure things out, at least your having some income. Most jobs flat out suck if you don't have skill or experience its just a fact of life.

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 imaps3fanboy
[QUOTE="EatShanna"]Like I mentioned I'm not aiming for the sky, I'm cool with min wage and hard work. I only care about the present while I attempt to decide the future. What bothers me is job hunting, I don't want to stay unemployed for too long.

TBH ur not going to have much of a job future if you don't go to college. If I were you I would at least take 2 years of community college or something
EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EatShanna
Yes but let's not dwell on that and instead focus on the present, do you think given what I told you that I should quit my job and look for a new one? I'm sure there jobs out there for guys my age who are willing to work their ass off. And McD's is just a temp job, not a career, even though the higher ups acknowledge my hard work and wish to promote me, I doubt I'll stay there long enough to climb the corporate ladder, if I don't quit today I'll quit 3 months from now. I seriously doubt they're gonna keep me when I'm 23-25, it's a place for mostly teens and people my age who are in school and need a part time. So I might as well quit and find a new job whether it's waiting tables, lifting heavy stuff or working as a garbage man.
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 imaps3fanboy
[QUOTE="EatShanna"]Yes but let's not dwell on that and instead focus on the present, do you think given what I told you that I should quit my job and look for a new one? I'm sure there jobs out there for guys my age who are willing to work their ass off. And McD's is just a temp job, not a career, even though the higher ups acknowledge my hard work and wish to promote me, I doubt I'll stay there long enough to climb the corporate ladder, if I don't quit today I'll quit 3 months from now. I seriously doubt they're gonna keep me when I'm 23-25, it's a place for mostly teens and people my age who are in school and need a part time. So I might as well quit and find a new job whether it's waiting tables, lifting heavy stuff or working as a garbage man.

I'd look for a new job, whatever makes you happy..
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#22 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

stay... the hate will help you find other job...

personally i don't think anyone 20+ should work at MC Donald's unless they a manager then it's good job. other then that get out of there...

don't just limit your thought of jobs to "oo i can only get jobs at fast food places." so i won't try no where else.

like my self i work at a mercy hospital... ya already going through your head you need special training right? nope I'm 19 and I'm runner in dietary (person who makes plates and takes food to patians and who does orders for departments. that easy! and i'm sure i get paid 1 1/2 more then any mc d's fliping burgers

hospitals include a lots of unskilled jobs so don't just limit your self to these 15-16 year old jobs

but don't quit untill you got other one lined up thats just foolish

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 k2theswiss

it depends if you go 4 year school... no matter what those first two years are required classes plus if any other at your choice. so you don't have to know...

i just got of high school last year and i had take break from school... but i plan on going next year or spring 11

EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 EatShanna
Ugh, maybe I'll stay. God, If I stay they'll make me a trainer and I'll have to teach all the newbies. >
kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kidsmelly

Ugh, maybe I'll stay. God, If I stay they'll make me a trainer and I'll have to teach all the newbies. >EatShanna

You can always look for a new job while holding that one down.

hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

just quit man. and when u quit go the the mcdonalds and laugh at the teenagers working. :lol:

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 k2theswiss

I don't have too many hobbies, just listening to music, playing games(obviously) and reading.

~~~ get your math skills up and go shcool for programing to make games just idea.

I'm also fond of history but it's not something I'd like to do for a living.

idk but job is job. you can make it fun. history teacher? person who do history tours (citys, musuems ect...

And uh, I like walking. A while ago I went on a walk from where I currently live to my old neighborhood which is located two cities away from me. The whole trip took me 8 hours. @aransom, "Welcome to real life." yeah thanks, not my first job. :P

not sure about walking but maybe if you want be on your feet. Mail Man but what i hear you gotta have map of city in your head to pass the test but idk.

EatShanna