Should GS have a board dedicated to Religion/Evolution threads?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts

The whole board sometimes spams up with the amount of Religion and Evolution argument threads floating around. I think it would be a good idea to have a board dedicated specifically to Religion and Evolution threads.

What do you think?

(Mods, I didn't post this in Site Improvements because I'd like to see what the people in OT think)

johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
no, if anything more of them should be locked. Maybe a religion vs. science sticky or what have you would be better. Makes sense seeing as there's a sticky dedicated to "roll call":roll:
DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DrummerJon
Member since 2004 • 9668 Posts

Religion and Philosophy Union yo

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_topics.php?board_id=909179086&union_id=7382

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
I requested this about a month ago and everyone basically shot down my idea stating that "if I don't like religion threads, ignore them" or "it would revoke freedom of speech." Meh. I still think we should have a religion forum.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts

No. The only problem I have with the religion threads is that they're solely used for evangelism... Just go to the Christian Witness Union for proof of this; they have a whole thread dedicated to organizing times for creating threads and carrying out these actions in those threads...

Incidentally, there was a thread like this yesterday... :|

DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 DrummerJon
Member since 2004 • 9668 Posts
I requested this about a month ago and everyone basically shot down my idea stating that "if I don't like religion threads, ignore them" or "it would revoke freedom of speech." Meh. I still think we should have a religion forum.stevenk4k5
I agree there should be a forum more formal than the Union. GS already restricts freedom os speech might as well do it in an organized manner.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

It's been suggested before, but each time the answer has basically been that, while there's some support for it among OTers (although not unanimous by any means), it ain't gonna happen.