‘She killed her own sister’ by crashing while live-streaming.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Obdulia Sanchez aimed the camera phone at her face as she rapped along to the song blaring over the radio and tried to control the car she was driving on a road in California’s Central Valley.

Then came tragedy, live-streamed in a horrifying Instagram video.

The California Highway Patrol told Fox affiliate KTXL that 18-year-old Sanchez lost control of her 2003 Buick, drove off the edge of the road and then over-corrected. The car crashed into a barbed-wire fence and flipped over in a field, according to ABC affiliate KFSN.

Sanchez’s 14-year-old sister, Jacqueline, and another teen girl — who were in the back seat and were not wearing seat belts — were ejected from the tumbling car.

Moments later, Obdulia Sanchez was on Instagram Live again, explaining what happened — and growing increasingly hysterical.

“Hey, everybody, if I go to f—— jail for life, you already know why,” she began, adjusting the camera so that it showed her younger sister, motionless and bleeding from the head.

“My sister is f—— dying. Look, I f—— love my sister to death. I don’t give a f—. Man, we about to die. This is the last thing I wanted to happen to us, but it just did. Jacqueline, please wake up.”

Another girl screamed in the background.

“I don’t f—— care though,” Sanchez continued. “I’m a hold it down. I love you, rest in peace, sweetie. If you don’t survive, baby, I am so f—— sorry. I did not mean to kill you, sweetie. Sweetie, I am f—— sorry. Sweetie, please, wake up!”

Jacqueline was pronounced dead shortly afterward.

Obdulia Sanchez was in Merced County Jail on Monday, accused of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and gross vehicular manslaughter.

Source.

Teens are too addicted to their damn phones.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#2 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Sorry to hear.Sad story.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

What's left to say? Another story of another idiot killing another person in hope of getting popular. It's pretty much the same story as the girl who shot her boyfriend with a desert eagle because she thought a book would stop the bullet. A lot of idiots walking around and it doesn't help that schools get worse every year.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Idiot

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Drunk, and driving = death of another innocent person, sad. She needs to be in a mental home.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Wow that girl is really something.

And she even continued to stream after the crash and all casual about it.

Sad it was her sister that had to pay with her life and not this sick individual.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@loco145 said:

...Merced....

Ahh, that makes sense. Good ol' Central Valley, California, idiocy.

A shame when it kills other people, though.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

And this is why its practically impossible for teens and very young adults to get good insurance rates. No sense of responsibility. Asides from increasing everyone elses insurance rates in the area.

I don't hope she goes to jail a long time. She got a big reality check. and is going to hear it from her family and others. Hopefully she grows up to be an advocate of responsible driving. And not drown herself in addiction issues to deal with the mental challenges she'll face now.

borninblood60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 borninblood60
Member since 2017 • 262 Posts

Driving under influence, not wearing seat belts and streaming while driving Deseves everything she gets and has to live with in the future.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

What were the extent of the sister's injuries?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#11 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Wow... her livestreaming wasn't enough to cause her to lose control and crash... she had to livestream her sister dying as well... God damn internet and kids...

borninblood60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 borninblood60
Member since 2017 • 262 Posts

This won't surprise anyone but some people are calling for her to be released and blameless. The level of stupid in some people.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

An idiot and has no remorse for the death of her sister.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

An idiot and has no remorse for the death of her sister.

There is so many things wrong with this story.

Two other things seriously disturbing are,

1. Her sister repeatedly told her to stop. And she was going to "fucking kill her". But she didnt care that she was endangering her life.
  2. From what I saw, she made absolutely no attempt to ease her dying let alone trying to prevent it following the disaster. She was too fucking busy with her streaming to care.

What a horrible woman.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

@shellcase86: Well her sister and someone else in the back seat, wasn't wearing their seat belts. So when the car rolled over, they were ejected from the car. So I imagine severe trauma to her spinal cord and brain at the minimum.

Even if her little sister managed to live, she'll have a life long disability. Likely leading to permanent need of a wheel chair. The injuries to her spinal cord, would have also damaged her central nervous system. Leading to other chronic issues. As the two (spinal cord/CN system) are connected to each other. Asides from severe pain the herniated and bulged discs in her back will cause.

-----------------

Found the uncensored video on World Star. Extremely graphic trauma to the head. Very disturbing that she thought it was a good idea to share that on a page for her family/friends to see. I would collapse on the spot if a relative posted something that graphic on social media of a deceased loved one.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

It's unfortunate that idiots tend to hurt other people more than themselves. She deserves whatever mental trauma she has coming, and please don't let her back out in public.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Sadly not just teens are addicted to phones..many people...you see them either walking/standing/pushing pram/even at restaurants having dinner with friends/family ..lol.. with their face glued to their mobile phones...heck they are so glued to their phones...they blame the bus driver for not stopping for them..when they are suppose to hail for bus to stop. :P

Hopefully this moron gets thrown in jail for a long time.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Soooo, she kept filming instead of rendering whatever help she could? That's one sick individual. Hope she has a long time to think about her actions in the slammer.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Even after she had just killed someone she still couldn't put the phone down. Goddamn idiots on the road and their stupid phones. I'm like a fighter pilot on the road gotta have situational awareness at all times. I'm constantly dodging idiots.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44150 Posts

It's scary that there are people out there that are so self-centred as to feel that their need to use their cell phone not only supersedes their own safety but also the safety of others. To top it all off she still felt the need to keep using her phone while her sister lay dying. Unbelievable.

Car manufacturers seriously need to restrict certain uses of these devices while the vehicle is running because this not only puts the lives of those using them while driving at risk but also the lives of others around them at risk as well.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@jak42: Thanks for that insight. Was difficult to see just how much trauma there* was to the head.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Goodness that is hardcore. Sadly a lot of people think like this careless teen even as adults.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#23 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I did not mean to kill you. Oh, okay, then. No biggie, dawg.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Video was legit fucked up. Her sister's head wasn't just bleeding, from what I could see it was split open like a watermelon. Then she was there shaking her corpse trying to get her to wake up, when her eyes were already open, obviously dead. Something I wish I hadn't watched. The girl looked to be under the influence to me, also in shock.

This is one reason I don't care for social media. It may not be responsible, but it encourages. These people feel they have an audience and that lessens other considerations so as to be able to satiate them. Just like those kids that watched that man drown. I have to wonder if they didn't plan to post that shit online would they have held greater incentive to help someone. In that case probably not, as they still needed to impress their friends with their lack of compassion and hardheartedness.....it is just sad.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

Seriously. What the hell. My heart actually breaks for the poor girl who lost her life. This is so messed up