Shang Chi Official Trailer is out! You guys seeing this?

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 454 Posts

Looks kinda fun. Way better than that mortal kombat movie imo.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 11335 Posts

I've got Disney+ so I'll wait till it's free to watch on there. I'm interested to watch it as apparently the Chinese government wants to ban it from release there. Perhaps it paints the CCP as the trash government they are? Perhaps they didn't like that Disney put the concentration camps in this movie as well and there was enough spotlight on their crimes against humanity with the newer Mulan movie? 🤔

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 50537 Posts

Looks pretty awesome to me.

About the whole China thing...

...maybe Disney could tell China to frack off and make the movie it should be without pandering to the Chinese government, then they can set up pirate sites in China and distribute it as an act of social protest against the Chinese government. Like "Hey CCP, you suck, oh and Chinese people here is an awesome movie that tells how shitty your government is".

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 46277 Posts

While it's nice to see Asian representation that isn't some sidekick to the white guy, it doesn't look good, being honest. And when actual Chinese, Korean etc.. cinema makes, more or less, the best action movies in the world, watching some low rent version with PS4 effects is hardly appealing.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 11335 Posts

@mrbojangles25: 🤣

Dude, that would be epic.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 1640 Posts

They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel of their roster. I'll be curious to see how these movies do.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 46277 Posts

@silentchief: Wasn't Iron Man a "who cares" character pre-MCU? Pretty sure Guardians of the Galaxy ticks that box too.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 1640 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@silentchief: Wasn't Iron Man a "who cares" character pre-MCU? Pretty sure Guardians of the Galaxy ticks that box too.

Iron man wasn't.. he was actually one of the more popular avengers. Guardians may tik the box though.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4879 Posts

@silentchief said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Iron man wasn't.. he was actually one of the more popular avengers. Guardians may tik the box though.

Trailer for the first Guardians movie was the first I'd heard of them, which I assume is why it was just John C. Riley explaining who they were to the audience. As long as they put in the marketing, people will see it.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80134 Posts

@zerothehero said:
Loading Video...

Looks kinda fun. Way better than that mortal kombat movie imo.

I don't know... i think this is going to be a throwaway movie, because Shang-Chi himself seems to be a throwaway character. Granted, I hardly know anything about him, but I've been trying to read up on him before the movie comes out. His original 70's comics of course did not age well, but the current comics I've been reading so far just really aren't very interesting. I'll still end up watching it because I watch all the MCU films.