Screw specialty gaming shops, EB and Gamestop need to get it together

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for masterofobvious
masterofobvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 masterofobvious
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts
I know this type of story has been trumpeted before, but I feel it deserves repeating. The short version: I go into EB. The employees are condescending douchebags. The end. Details:

I went into EB the other day with the intent to purchase the Resident Evil three pack and noticed that Final Fantasy VI was out for the GBA. Totally stoked about this, I ask the man behind the counter if I can purchase one, but apparently, he thought I meant "please tell me that I'm a fool for not pre-ordering this precious game, oh beat me harder my nerdy master, oh yes, tell me how I should always pre order so I can make sure to get the game! Tell me again! Harder!". Never have I been treated so badly by anybody. The jackass even had the gaul to tell me it was a DS game, and when I contested that argument by pointing at the box and asserting that it was, indeed, for the GBA, he said "look, I'm the one who works in a game store, I know what I'm talking about".

Me: Whatever. So do you have any other copies of the game lying around?
Him: No, we only get enough to fill the pre-orders.
Me: Okay, whatever. Do you have Hotel Dusk?
Him: What's that?
Me: For the DS. It came out recently.
Him: I've never heard of that, it must not be out yet.
Me: Well... can you look for it?
Him: All our games are on that wall.

I go over and look at the DS wall and find, to my disappointment that the game is not there. But Elite Beat Agents is.

Me: Looks like it isn't there. Can you tell me when your next shipment comes in?
Him: No.
Me: Uh... are you saying you don't have the capacity to with your equipment or...
Him: Look, do you have any real questions, I'm busy.
Me: Uh, yeah. Do you have any copies of Elite Beat Agents
Him: You were just looking at it.
Me: That box was opened. You got any unopened ones?
Him: Why does it matter?
Me: Because I'm paying $30 for it, I want it new.
Him: It is new.
Me: Look, If I'm paying new game prices, I don't want ones that have been played before.
Him: They haven't been played.
Me:  Dude, I know for a fact that one of the perks of your job is that you get to borrow these games for free.
Him: So... we take good care of them.

I decide that I don't like this guy and walk over to a wii forbidden>
AncientNecro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AncientNecro
Member since 2003 • 4957 Posts
yeah, it seems gamestop only hires former prison workers... thats why i buy at gamecrazy...
xwolfghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 xwolfghost
Member since 2005 • 6076 Posts
No hard proof? I don't believe it
Avatar image for masterofobvious
masterofobvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 masterofobvious
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts
Hmm, it looks like my post got cut short. I couldn't retrieve the original text, but it's safe to say that the manager who came in treated me badly by telling me to not buy a classic controller if I had gamecube controllers lying around (without giving me any useful feedback on the controller itself), told me I must be bad with money when I said I'd put money on an FFVII remake for the ps3 and noted that chances were RE5 and MGS 4 would come to the 360 and was a general dick.

I ended up buying the forbidden>
MGShacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 MGShacker
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts
No hard proof? I don't believe itxwolfghost
the shop i go to the guys are really good and helpfull.
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
This guy at the EB in my area thought that both sku's of the PS3 came with wifi, which of course, is FALSE. I hope no one else has asked him about that... Anyways, this one employee at the same store didn't know the PSP could go online (about 10 months after it came out) She said something like: "I can't wait till the new PSP firmware comes out, did you know you can play online?) So my friend had to show her how to do it, because obviously, she didn't know how. Pathetic. I hope you guys have better employees working near your stores...
MGShacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 MGShacker
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts
This guy at the EB in my area thought that both sku's of the PS3 came with wifi, which of course, is FALSE. I hope no one else has asked him about that... Anyways, this one employee at the same store didn't know the PSP could go online (about 10 months after it came out) She said something like: "I can't wait till the new PSP firmware comes out, did you know you can play online?) So my friend had to show her how to do it, because obviously, she didn't know how. Pathetic. I hope you guys have better employees working near your stores...zakkro
yeah i do... they are really good. like they actually play the games people wanna buy so they can be of help when the game is bought
darkjedirpm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 darkjedirpm
Member since 2004 • 2453 Posts
:lol:lmao @
oh beat me harder my nerdy mastermasterofobvious