Scariest ways to die?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I think a plane crash is high on the list of scariest ways to die. You're several thousand feet in the air going down and have zero control of the outcome. I think this is why many people would prefer to just drive despite the fact that you're statistically more likely to die in a car accident. When you're driving, you have control. When you're flying, you don't.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

I have Claustrophobia so that.

ShyGuy0504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ShyGuy0504
Member since 2009 • 1138 Posts

I think going spelunking by yourself and getting stuck in a narrow passage and starving to death would be one of the scariest ways to die.

It gives me chills just thinking about it.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

I've always feared a pointless death at the hands of some inattentive driver. People are absolute fucking idiots on the road, I just don't want to die on one.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Getting hit by a large vehicle.

Getting impaled.

Getting crushed.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

Well for starters, I think drowning would be one of them. I mean I know I consider it one of the worst ways to go. (I seriously think we humans should be able to adapt to water and be able to breathe/survive in it, not suffocate.)

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By br0kenrabbit
@Toph_Girl250 said:

(I seriously think we humans should be able to adapt to water and be able to breathe/survive in it, not suffocate.)

but teh prune fingers

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Toph_Girl250

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Toph_Girl250 said:

(I seriously think we humans should be able to adapt to water and be able to breathe/survive in it, not suffocate.)

but teh prune fingers

Meh, I don't think I mind them. Especially considering once I'm out of the water long enough, my fingers will eventually return back to normal.

On a side note, if I was to choose, I don't think I'd want to be a mermaid, I'd rather be a princess.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 br0kenrabbit

@Toph_Girl250 said:

I don't think I'd want to be a mermaid

Mermaid sex has to be a bore. "Just squirt your eggs here and move out of the way".

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

Cancer. Terrifying because you know that death is coming and you have no choice but to sit there and wait for it, sick and unable to really live. Must be scary to have that illness and have to face death.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58896 Posts

Motor Neuron Disease. Your body slowly shuts down and you are reduced to a toddler needing care.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@alim298 said:

Loading Video...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Slow, agonizing deaths.

All these types that people are listing are just fast, relatively painless ways of going, with very little thought involved.

Knowing for months that you are going to die, and have to suffer that entire time, is far scarier than going quickly in some catastrophic event.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

Being ate or mauled to death. Of course you could try and fight back or run, but if death is inevitable, then that's a pretty scary way to go.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Toph_Girl250

I also know that I most certainly wouldn't be a fan of getting stung to death (I think it actually can happen, where I think the most common usual cases, of someone getting stung to death by bees, are from the dreaded Africanized Honey Bees.) Bees/Wasps/Hornets are one of the very few things I fear, I always try and run away whenever I come across one, or more. Either that or try to avoid one (or them) as best as possible.

(Not that I'm allergic, I've gotten stung twice so far in my life and nothing happened, I just really really do not ever want to get stung by bees/wasps/hornets, ugh.)

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Imagine we discover teleportation in the future. When you teleport, its not quite just displacing atoms from one place to another, but destroying it on one side and creating it on the other. So anything living, will actually die in the process, but on the other end is another living being. Its you. But it's not "you" you. Its a copy of you that thinks its you but you actually just died. But no one knows you are dead... Not even the "you" that came out the other side.

Its a death where everyone is completely ignorant of your death, even including "yourself."

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

I think a plane crash is high on the list of scariest ways to die. You're several thousand feet in the air going down and have zero control of the outcome. I think this is why many people would prefer to just drive despite the fact that you're statistically more likely to die in a car accident. When you're driving, you have control. When you're flying, you don't.

Scariest way to die? I guess that would be anything that literally scares you to death. A plane crash doesn't count, unless you died of fright before you ever hit the ground. If it's the actual slamming into the ground that killed you, then that means that you survived being scared. So...I think we can try to come up with something scarier. Something so absolutely terrifying that you drop dead simply from being scared.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

"Being murder must be the worst way to die" - Mrs. Clutter, In Cold Blood

The quote is not exact, but the sentiment is still there. I agree with it personally.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 br0kenrabbit

@XaosII said:

Imagine we discover teleportation in the future. When you teleport, its not quite just displacing atoms from one place to another, but destroying it on one side and creating it on the other. So anything living, will actually die in the process, but on the other end is another living being. Its you. But it's not "you" you. Its a copy of you that thinks its you but you actually just died. But no one knows you are dead... Not even the "you" that came out the other side.

Its a death where everyone is completely ignorant of your death, even including "yourself."

I've thought about that ever since that TNG episode with the two Rikers. lol

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

being buried alive.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@ShyGuy0504 said:

I think going spelunking by yourself and getting stuck in a narrow passage and starving to death would be one of the scariest ways to die.

The Explorerby Allan Edward DePrey

One day, feeling oh so brave,

I went walking in a cave.

Now, I fear, I can’t get out.

I’ll die in here, I have no doubt.

I’ll mold and turn to slimy bone

Here where the sun has never shown,

Where I’ll lie in darkness all alone,

Here in my tomb of ancient stone.

Remember me, before you dare

To journey into midnight’s lair.

Remember me, and what I write:

‘Here lies one who loved the light

But he was curious and brave –

He went walking in a cave.’

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@XaosII said:

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup

@XaosII said:

Loading Video...

Hopefully they give the teleporters a thorough checking over before using them.

vicky_john1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vicky_john1
Member since 2014 • 230 Posts

All weird things happened in final destination series are the scariest deaths

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

To be caught in thick and gaint webs while gaint spiders slowly advance towards me, i've arachnophobia. Sight of any gaint spiders as Tarantula or Goliath will give me a heart attack :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#27 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I'm not as afraid of dying as I am of becoming paralised, losing arms or legs or becoming a vegetable.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

1. Slow death by burning.

2. Slow death by drowning.

3. Slow death due to broken bones after accident

4. Heart attack

5. Death because of electric shock.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 uninspiredcup

@thegerg said:

@alim298 said:

Since when is that a way to die?

Could cause a heart attack.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By alim298

@thegerg said:

Since when?

Well it goes back to the time of egyptians. There was this one dude that went by the name crastophohora. One day he was digging his own grave under the tree of semanoticas. Then another man approached him and asked him if he knows who the most evil person on earth is. He had no idea so he simply said hitoloter. It was the name of some other dude's dog. We follow the story from his perspective now. The dog (not the owner) on a rainy day was running freely in the everlasting gardens of nihil. He was looking for food so he dug up a recently-dug grave. Ate some of the carcass and then left. Carcass you say. What does it really mean? Does it really mean someone's remains? Historians have different opinions. Some say it originates from the world caretociss which is what the egyptians used to say when visiting the graves of their left ones. Contrary to what most people believe it's not "care to kiss" I mean come on guys they were egyptians! A third world country whose people can't speak our language fluently. I mean have you seen Carlos? As you can see his name has the same root as caretociss and crastophohora and all he says is "Je ne parle pas francais". But anyways back to our own topic. So where did egyptians go wrong? Was it the fault of the revolutionaries or the labor party? Was it because a man shot another man by accident or was the anger justified? In this free world how can you be so sure that milk and sugar have the same price? What the republicans tell you is that they're both white so they must be invaluable but do they not know that sugar at one point of its processing is in fact brown? Yes that's the surname of Charlie but hebdo is an entirely different thing. It's like when you mix salt and soda and then what you get is rednecks. And did this really happen because someone farted in some place in Africa? Scientists believe so. But what matters is that we should take even their farts to our hearts and you know why? Because they're humans just like us. With feelings and emotions and I'm sure God has some good explanation for their inferior skin color. Speaking of God scientists claim there is none. Which makes sense because there's no emotion in their hearts. I mean how can you expect someone who has spent his entire life trying to see what some wormhole does in its ecosystem to know how great studying history is. Which brings us back to the historians who have been trying to identify the greatest asshole in the course of human history. Years of research was put into this and now all those hard works have paid off. You may ask who he was? He was the man who invented the internet.

All should be clear now :-)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 uninspiredcup

@alim298 said:

@thegerg said:

Since when?

Well it goes back to the time of egyptians. There was this one dude that went by the name crastophohora. One day he was digging his own grave under the tree of semanoticas. Then another man approached him and asked him if he knows who the most evil person on earth is. He had no idea so he simply said hitoloter. It was the name of some other dude's dog. We follow the story from his perspective now. The dog (not the owner) on a rainy day was running freely in the everlasting gardens of nihil. He was looking for food so he dug up a recently-dug grave. Ate some of the carcass and then left. Carcass you say. What does it really mean? Does it really mean someone's remains? Historians have different opinions. Some say it originates from the world caretociss which is what the egyptians used to say when visiting the graves of their left ones. Contrary to what most people believe it's not "care to kiss" I mean come on guys they were egyptians! A third world country whose people can't speak our language fluently. I mean have you seen Carlos? As you can see his name has the same root as caretociss and crastophohora and all he says is "Je ne parle pas francais". But anyways back to our own topic. So where did egyptians go wrong? Was it the fault of the revolutionaries or the labor party? Was it because a man shot another man by accident or was the anger justified? In this free world how can you be so sure that milk and sugar have the same price? What the republicans tell you is that they're both white so they must be invaluable but do they not know that sugar at one point of its processing is in fact brown? Yes that's the surname of Charlie but hebdo is an entirely different thing. It's like when you mix salt and soda and then what you get is rednecks. And did this really happen because someone farted in some place in Africa? Scientists believe so. But what matters is that we should take even their farts to our hearts and you know why? Because they're humans just like us. With feelings and emotions and I'm sure God has some good explanation for their inferior skin color. Speaking of God scientists claim there is none. Which makes sense because there's no emotion in their hearts. I mean how can you expect someone who has spent his entire life trying to see what some wormhole does in its ecosystem to know how great studying history is. Which brings us back to the historians who have been trying to identify the greatest asshole in the course of human history. Years of research was put to this and now all those hard works have paid off. You may ask who he was? He was the man who invented the internet.

lol

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Laughing to death would suck. When you realize you can't stop laughing and can't breathe but you keep on going and going. You would be panicking like crazy.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 alim298

@-paranorman- said:

Laughing to death would suck. When you realize you can't stop laughing and can't breathe but you keep on going and going. You would be panicking like crazy.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

Snake bites venomous is what scares me the most. I have always been scare of Snakes even there Venomous or not, I always think one bite from a Cobra bite and your life is over. Creepy.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

@ShyGuy0504 said:

underwater cave diving alone, having your lights die and your tether back to the exit break. pitch black underwater, no way to find your way out, waiting to drown

pretty terrifying. no one will probably ever find your body

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@alim298 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#39 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@alim298 said:

Well it goes back to the time of egyptians. There was this one dude that went by the name crastophohora. One day he was digging his own grave under the tree of semanoticas. Then another man approached him and asked him if he knows who the most evil person on earth is. He had no idea so he simply said hitoloter. It was the name of some other dude's dog. We follow the story from his perspective now. The dog (not the owner) on a rainy day was running freely in the everlasting gardens of nihil. He was looking for food so he dug up a recently-dug grave. Ate some of the carcass and then left. Carcass you say. What does it really mean? Does it really mean someone's remains? Historians have different opinions. Some say it originates from the world caretociss which is what the egyptians used to say when visiting the graves of their left ones. Contrary to what most people believe it's not "care to kiss" I mean come on guys they were egyptians! A third world country whose people can't speak our language fluently. I mean have you seen Carlos? As you can see his name has the same root as caretociss and crastophohora and all he says is "Je ne parle pas francais". But anyways back to our own topic. So where did egyptians go wrong? Was it the fault of the revolutionaries or the labor party? Was it because a man shot another man by accident or was the anger justified? In this free world how can you be so sure that milk and sugar have the same price? What the republicans tell you is that they're both white so they must be invaluable but do they not know that sugar at one point of its processing is in fact brown? Yes that's the surname of Charlie but hebdo is an entirely different thing. It's like when you mix salt and soda and then what you get is rednecks. And did this really happen because someone farted in some place in Africa? Scientists believe so. But what matters is that we should take even their farts to our hearts and you know why? Because they're humans just like us. With feelings and emotions and I'm sure God has some good explanation for their inferior skin color. Speaking of God scientists claim there is none. Which makes sense because there's no emotion in their hearts. I mean how can you expect someone who has spent his entire life trying to see what some wormhole does in its ecosystem to know how great studying history is. Which brings us back to the historians who have been trying to identify the greatest asshole in the course of human history. Years of research was put into this and now all those hard works have paid off. You may ask who he was? He was the man who invented the internet.

Beautiful! It's like I was there; and I resonated with the characters so much!...can't wait for the next book to come out.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 alim298

@korvus said:

Beautiful! It's like I was there; and I resonated with the characters so much!...can't wait for the next book to come out.

ROFL

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Toph_Girl250

@br0kenrabbit said:

@XaosII said:

Due to this fact, I think it perhaps is best that we never have teleportation technology...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Toph_Girl250 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@XaosII said:

Due to this fact, I think it perhaps is best that we never have teleportation technology...

This presumes the existence of a "soul" or some connecting consciousness that goes beyond the electrical signals in the physical matter of the brain.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@Toph_Girl250 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@XaosII said:

This presumes the existence of a "soul" or some connecting consciousness that goes beyond the electrical signals in the physical matter of the brain.

I'd argue the opposite. If anything, the notion that the original which is destroyed is irrelevant more relies on it not having a soul. I mean, take something and make a perfect copy of it, and they are identical in all ways. That's just how copying things works. By that logic, both Rikers are actually 100% legitimately Rikers. And both of them have a legitimate claim to Riker's life.

The truly weird thing would be presuming that for some reason only one of those Rikers matters. Which is kind of what would be necessary for me to step into a teleporter knowing that the machine hasn't functioned correctly unless it has actually killed a human being.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 br0kenrabbit

@MrGeezer said:

By that logic, both Rikers are actually 100% legitimately Rikers. And both of them have a legitimate claim to Riker's life.

Yup.

Loading Video...

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@Toph_Girl250 said:

I also know that I most certainly wouldn't be a fan of getting stung to death (I think it actually can happen, where I think the most common usual cases, of someone getting stung to death by bees, are from the dreaded Africanized Honey Bees.) Bees/Wasps/Hornets are one of the very few things I fear, I always try and run away whenever I come across one, or more. Either that or try to avoid one (or them) as best as possible.

(Not that I'm allergic, I've gotten stung twice so far in my life and nothing happened, I just really really do not ever want to get stung by bees/wasps/hornets, ugh.)

Running from africanized bees is the best option or atleast get into a building and shut them out. They will chase you for long time also don't swat at them, killing them will release pheromones from the dead causing the swarm to attack more aggressively.

As for scary way to die getting lost or injured and being stalked by predators or lost at sea in shark infested waters.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Toph_Girl250

@darklight4 said:

@Toph_Girl250 said:

Running from africanized bees is the best option or atleast get into a building and shut them out. They will chase you for long time also don't swat at them, killing them will release pheromones from the dead causing the swarm to attack more aggressively.

As for scary way to die getting lost or injured and being stalked by predators or lost at sea in shark infested waters.

I can picture getting lost in the woods in the middle of nowhere, quite scary, especially if you got hurt in a way where you're unable to move, like you fell and broke your leg or hip. Being stuck in the woods with fear of no one finding you and coming to help in time, is definitely not a comforting feeling at all.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@Toph_Girl250 said:

@darklight4 said:

@Toph_Girl250 said:

I can picture getting lost in the woods in the middle of nowhere, quite scary, especially if you got hurt in a way where you're unable to move, like you fell and broke your leg or hip. Being stuck in the woods with fear of no one finding you and coming to help in time, is definitely not a comforting feeling at all.

That could be the scariest way to go noone knowing your fate or having no friends or family to carry on your memory you essentially realizing you may be forgotten when you die .

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

@davillain- said:

Snake bites venomous is what scares me the most. I have always been scare of Snakes even there Venomous or not, I always think one bite from a Cobra bite and your life is over. Creepy.

Loading Video...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I have a baseball sized tumor in my left chest. If my treatment to keep it stable stops working, it would deteriorate into a slow, agonizing death. The increasing growth would swell up my left side enormously, fist causing increasing numbness until disabling mobility. As it's right on the nerve nexus branch to my entire left side, as it grew into it it would cause constant uncontrollable muscle spasms of my chest, back, shoulder, neck, and all of my arm and hand muscles with pain accompanying each spasm.

Death would eventually be caused by its slow encroachment into my lung and heart cavity. Worst is, this would not be a quick death, it would probably occur over 6 month to a year period after it's reached its worst parts according to my doc.

I can think of scary ways to die, but since this is a very real possibility already discussed with me by my physicians, personally this is my most frightening fear. My only other option at that point is doing it my way, but I'll deal with that one only when I have to.