Scariest dream(s) you ever had?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raghavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raghavan
Member since 2003 • 3416 Posts
One recurring dream i always is related with elevators. I used to be very afraid of them when i was younger (i would only take them if i had someone with me, otherwise i would always walk the stairs). Ive grown out of it but i still have dreams about it. Basically, during the dreams i get on an elevator and ill press a stop. There will always be a higher stop (eg i pick floor 6 out of a 12 story building, etc). But the elevator always keeps going past my stop- just keeps going up and up, never stopping. I think i always wake up at this point, or the dream shifts somewhere else- i never find out the end result of this (or, i cant remember..). Anyways thats not too scary but its a dream i always have..
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I had a bad dream about a day ago where I dreamed I was being chased by a psychotic robot in the market.
siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
I once had a dream that kept going backwards and forwards over and over again while being repeadidly chased by a killer. I woke up with a headache because of it:?.
hell_blazer899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hell_blazer899
Member since 2006 • 1907 Posts
That Sarah Palin was my mom:shock:
Vax45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vax45
Member since 2005 • 4834 Posts
Probably the one where I get killed by my mom by firing lasers out of her fingers.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

I had a dream that raghavan created a topic titled "Scariest dream(s) you ever had?".

The horror!

:cry:

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts

I had a dream that raghavan created a topic titled "Scariest dream(s) you ever had?".

The horror!

sammyjenkis898

That wasn't a dream! :o

tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts

Probably the one where I was walking in the woods during night time, and there was this house or apartment. I walked towards it and I enter. I continue walking inside the house into the long hallway which was very dark all the way in the end. I continue walking until I hear this thuding and thumping of something running towards me, it ends up being this sort of demon running on all fours and tackles me.

I tend to have strange dreams/nightmares at times.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

The horror!

harashawn

That wasn't a dream! :o

I am officially freaked out!

:o

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

My most recent one was pretty creepy. I thought I had woken up. (you know you think you are awake, but are still dreaming) I sat in the kitchen of my old house. (one I used to live in long ago) Centered to where I was looking out a window, where the sink and most of the cupboards were. The whole room was sort of spinning. It would like stretch and move. Shadows where all over moving and turning. It all washed away (like water over a windshield) and suddenly the area around me changed. I was in my old backyard. (still dreaming) I sat there. I can remember leaves flying around and trees swaying. Except the colors where no longer correct like in the kitchen. It all seemed darker and black and white. I got the distinct image of something walking closer and closer to me. It got pretty close, and I woke up. (for real this time :P) *The whole dream, it was night time by the way.*

The only reason I remembered so much is because after I had the dream, I wrote it down the best I could. I thought it was pretty creepy.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
This been happening a lot lately. It's like I"m playing Diablo kinda game or watching an action movie. (please note that for some reason I dream in third person but I don't see myself playing a game so I'm kinda watching like a movie) Some times there are these secret levels you need to go through to get the best out of the levels but they always seem to be dark haunted hallways of death with people getting tortured in many rooms. Than suddenly the dream change and it's not in a game anymore. Last night there was a 'game' going on and I like many people were trapped. The way outs were very close to were the monsters and stuff were coming from. I know where I got it though, I play a Half-Life mod call 'Zombie Panic' and in most levels: the best guns are where the zombies spawn.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
I had a dream that I was in a carnivial maze and there were killer dolls and killer clowns everywhere. :cry:
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

When I was little I had a reoccurring dream where absolutely nothing happened. There were no events, there were no people, nothing. The only thing present was fear, blackness, and extreme noise. This is the best way I can describe the dream but justice isn't done in its description. I've never felt anything like this outside of the dream... absolute fear...

I can't say I enjoyed these dreams or even recalling them...

CorpsePit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CorpsePit
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts

Firstly, let me start by saying that there are only 2 things I've been scared by (to my memory). These are a White Tail spider crawling up my bed when I was about 5, (I was lying in it and it was crawling towards my crotch) and the first Ghostbusters movie. (With the dogs, I was about 4 or 5 also)

Otherwise, I generally don't find things scary.

However, the closest thing I've ever had to a dream that scared me, was about 12 months ago.

The dream was almost entirely in black and white, but the black was a kind of dark blue, and the white was that really bright kind of whiteish blue. I was in a house.

From the start of the dream, I knew that a man was trying to kill every person in the house. He found me, and killed me. At this point, my perspective of the dream shifted to that of another person in the house. He found me, and killed me.

This continued through every member of an innocent family, each time I died, I switched to the perspective of the next victim. The last jump in the dream was into a ~6 year old girl, who had run and hid under her bed. He found me, and killed me.

Then the dream ended.

It was quite strange having drempt about dying 5 times in a row, in the same dream. But there you have it, the closest thing to a scary dream I've ever had.

On a side note, one of the funniest dreams I've ever had, I simply haven't been able to remember since waking up, all I can remember was a song that was playing throughout the dream, and some of the lyrics were...

"... is it wrong to let a peanut die?"

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SavageM2

^^^^

Wow, I have had dreams where I have "died" But 5 times in a row, in the same dream!? Wow, that is very creepy/scary. I couldn't help but laugh, however, when I saw your Username is "CorpsePit". :lol:

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
eery now and then i'll get shot or something.
CorpsePit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CorpsePit
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts

^^^^

Wow, I have had dreams where I have "died" But 5 times in a row, in the same dream!? Wow, that is very creepy/scary. I couldn't help but laugh, however, when I saw your Username is "CorpsePit". :lol:

SavageM2

ROFL, would you believe that didn't occur to me when I was writing that?

Useless Trivia: Corpse Pit has been my handle since shortly after I started playing FPS against my friends from Uni. It started out, I was so terrible, that I would die so frequently that my cadavers would litter whatever level we were playing. (Moving and shooting eluded me for quite some time.)

After a bit of practice, it became a name to be feared however. Which is cool I think!

Iron_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Iron_will
Member since 2007 • 2837 Posts
I had to go to the dentist! :shock:
xXSecksXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xXSecksXx
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts

Back when I was extremely small (about 6 years old) I had the most terrifying dream ever. It involved me living a normal day, doing the things I normally do, Then I noticed the most ugly disfigured morphed statue staring at me in the distance. I look away a little bit freightened and go back to my activities. When I look back out the window again, I realized the statue moved closer towards me. I move away from the window and move to another section of the house only to see the statue basically following me everywhere I go. Everytime I open my eyes no matter where I was, I would see this obscene statue staring at me in the distance. Then At the final moments of this dream, The statue's face would grin at me and I would wake up.

I was afraid of sleeping for a week after this nightmare =.=.

blackheart1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blackheart1889
Member since 2005 • 1380 Posts
In my scariest one, I was paralyzed or basically really struggling to move anything. I thought that I was actually awake and was pretty much stuck to the bed because I could barely lift an arm. So I started panicking and eventually pushed enough to open my bedroom door to yell for help, yet no words were coming out. That was when I realized it was a dream and became wide awake in the middle of the night.
epayps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 epayps2
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

I had a dream I married my mom. :| And then we were on the vege of a divorce so I tried to spice up are... are.... :cry:

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts
Scariest dream I've had was just after I had seen the movie signs. In the dream an alien grabbed me and ate my face off. Since I already had a fear of aliens this scares the crap out of me. The weirdest dream I have had though is I'm walking a little brown pomeranian dog, but then I blink and it turns into a bear and eats me.
mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

When I was little I had a reoccurring dream where absolutely nothing happened. There were no events, there were no people, nothing. The only thing present was fear, blackness, and extreme noise. This is the best way I can describe the dream but justice isn't done in its description. I've never felt anything like this outside of the dream... absolute fear...

I can't say I enjoyed these dreams or even recalling them...

mindstorm

I have the dream a lot of the time. It sucks because i have a pretty serious case of Acousticophobia i wake up talking out loud (not screaming, i have no clue why)

But my worse nightmare has to be were im in the middle of this meadow with tall wheat grass. Its over-casted kinda looks like its going to rain soon, i cant see my self as in when i look down to look at my hands, they are invisible (kinda like an FPS type game) and from far away i see this black figure. It gets closer and closer until i realize that its a big black horse with huge frightening eyes, i get so scarred that when it comes close to my i wake up sweating.... I really hate that nightmare. I have it often, i wonder if it means anything.

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts

I had a dream I married my mom. :| And then we were on the vege of a divorce so I tried to spice up are... are.... :cry:

epayps2

You tried to spice up are? What??

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

epayps2

I feal your pain, I had a similar dream once.

curls up in corner, starts to sob.

Tim_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Tim_Q
Member since 2005 • 1963 Posts

Blah, there's this one recurring night mare I have almost every single month for the last 7 or 8 years...I don't really know how to describe it, though.

Essentially the entire dream is me trying to get rid of millions upon millions of blocks in the sky. That's all it is, really. And in the back ground, there's a rythmic thumping sound, every second or so. It NEVER misses a beat.

I know it doesn't sound horrifying or something; but one, I've been having this dream for years. It worries me that I still get it. And two, I think it's trying to tell me my ultimate fear (or at least one of them) is the fear that I'll be given a task so great that it's impossible to finish, or even fathom being able to finish.

It's kind of like whenever I think about stars, and that when I look at them from here on Earth, I'm actually seeing how they were millions or even billions of years in the past. My mind can't even warp around a concept that grand. It's the same thing here. It makes me a little sick.

-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

My dad was playing Megaman for the first time and then he got attacked by some boss :cry:

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SavageM2

ROFL, would you believe that didn't occur to me when I was writing that?

Useless Trivia: Corpse Pit has been my handle since shortly after I started playing FPS against my friends from Uni. It started out, I was so terrible, that I would die so frequently that my cadavers would litter whatever level we were playing. (Moving and shooting eluded me for quite some time.)

After a bit of practice, it became a name to be feared however. Which is cool I think!

CorpsePit

Pretty neat that you actually have a back story to your Username, instead of just randomly coming up with something. Maybe it's a sign. :o (you know the dream, the handle) :D

FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FalcoLX
Member since 2007 • 4452 Posts
I was with my dad in an airport when he turned into a vampire and tried to eat my feet first so I kicked him in the face.
epayps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 epayps2
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts
[QUOTE="epayps2"]

harashawn

I think you know. :|
TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

I have a recurring dream of looking into a mirror and there's something else looking back at me.

I've had it since I was a kid.

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts

I dunno, but a few days ago I had a really weird dream. I can't remember it exactly, but I couldn't wake up from it. Eventually it got scary (think I was in a house alone and some ghosts came or something) and I couldn't wake up. I got my first taste of sleep paralysis where I was conscious but couldn't move my body and wake up completely.

Also, as a kid, whenever something scary happened, my mind would switch to some weird **** that gave me some sort of tickling sensation. Scared the living hell out of me.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts
Not exactly a dream but Last year the day after finals I woke up at 8:30 thinking I was late for my bio Final. I was in my car and about to drive out of my driveway before I realized that I had already taken the day before. I was so freaked out.
canucks12792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 canucks12792
Member since 2007 • 284 Posts

Firstly, let me start by saying that there are only 2 things I've been scared by (to my memory). These are a White Tail spider crawling up my bed when I was about 5, (I was lying in it and it was crawling towards my crotch) and the first Ghostbusters movie. (With the dogs, I was about 4 or 5 also)

Otherwise, I generally don't find things scary.

However, the closest thing I've ever had to a dream that scared me, was about 12 months ago.

The dream was almost entirely in black and white, but the black was a kind of dark blue, and the white was that really bright kind of whiteish blue. I was in a house.

From the start of the dream, I knew that a man was trying to kill every person in the house. He found me, and killed me. At this point, my perspective of the dream shifted to that of another person in the house. He found me, and killed me.

This continued through every member of an innocent family, each time I died, I switched to the perspective of the next victim. The last jump in the dream was into a ~6 year old girl, who had run and hid under her bed. He found me, and killed me.

Then the dream ended.

It was quite strange having drempt about dying 5 times in a row, in the same dream. But there you have it, the closest thing to a scary dream I've ever had.

On a side note, one of the funniest dreams I've ever had, I simply haven't been able to remember since waking up, all I can remember was a song that was playing throughout the dream, and some of the lyrics were...

"... is it wrong to let a peanut die?"

CorpsePit

i suddenly burst out laughing when i read is it wrong to let a peanut die LOL

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

In my scariest one, I was paralyzed or basically really struggling to move anything. I thought that I was actually awake and was pretty much stuck to the bed because I could barely lift an arm. So I started panicking and eventually pushed enough to open my bedroom door to yell for help, yet no words were coming out. That was when I realized it was a dream and became wide awake in the middle of the night.blackheart1889

sleep paralysis is what it's called and it is definitely one of the freakiest things i've had happen to me.

here's a tip: try not to go to bed stressed because this is the main reason for the cause of it. This goes for having bad dreams as well, if you go to bed with a lot on your mind or are stressed out before you hit the sheets like I was before finals you will probably have bad dreams

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts

I had a pretty freaky dream about a week ago.

I was in a dimly lit chamber that had water in it that came up a little past my ankles. There were several other people in the room, all in these Red, yellow, and brown military uniforms. A Group of these unifromed men were huddled silently around something I couldn't see, so I slowly started walking toward them. As I got closer, I heard this horrible gurgling/choking noise, and when I saw what the men were gathered around, I saw what it was. There was a guy in civilian clothes and glasses sitting in a chair with his head over a bowl on a table. One of the unifromed men was standing behind him, choking him with a wire he had wrapped around the guy's neck. Blood was spraying out of this guy's neck while he was making these horrible sounds. There was another man standing in front of the guy being choked, who wore a more elaborate uniform with medals and stuff on it, who was watching the guy basically getting slowly decapitated by this wire with this eerie little smile on his face. Finally with a sickening noise, the guy's head came completely off and fell into the bowl. The dream ended with me watching the guy's body as the rest of its blood spilled into the water we were standing in, turning it red. One of the military men threw up and I woke up. Pretty weird.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#37 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I dreamt my death and that heaven was my room, I woke up and still thought I was in my dream for a long time
blackheart1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blackheart1889
Member since 2005 • 1380 Posts

[QUOTE="blackheart1889"]In my scariest one, I was paralyzed or basically really struggling to move anything. I thought that I was actually awake and was pretty much stuck to the bed because I could barely lift an arm. So I started panicking and eventually pushed enough to open my bedroom door to yell for help, yet no words were coming out. That was when I realized it was a dream and became wide awake in the middle of the night.andyboiii

sleep paralysis is what it's called and it is definitely one of the freakiest things i've had happen to me.

here's a tip: try not to go to bed stressed because this is the main reason for the cause of it. This goes for having bad dreams as well, if you go to bed with a lot on your mind or are stressed out before you hit the sheets like I was before finals you will probably have bad dreams

Wow I didn't know about that -- just now wikipedia'd it. I didn't know about "narcolepsy" either, but I do sleep a lot during the day and narcolepsy's associated with sleep paralysis, so... uh oh spaghettios. I guess I'm in for some more crazy sleep paralysis :( .

Snooky_McGoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Snooky_McGoo
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts
I always, almost everyday, have dreams were something is chasing me or attacking me, i try to kill them sometimes, usually by stabbing them in the face, but they never die.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts
The scariest dreams I've had always involved someone dying. :?
SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SavageM2
[QUOTE="harashawn"][QUOTE="epayps2"]

epayps2

I think you know. :|

Oh, I think I get it. *BAM CHICKA BAM CHICKA BAM* Then after they were done making that Crib, they had sex.

canucks12792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 canucks12792
Member since 2007 • 284 Posts
my scariest dreams is when im sufficating on my pillow (no kidding) but when i try to push the pillow away i cant so in my dreams or so i think it is my dreams that im sufficating and theres no way to push the pillow or lift my head
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

I've had this recurring nightmare since I was 8 years old. I'm home alone in the house and the doorbell rings. I get up to answer it, but get a bad feeling about it so I peek through the window to see who it is. It's a man in a black hood. All I can see is his red eyes. He see's me looking at him and kicks the door down. I try to run out of the back door but he grabs me, ties me to the ground and rips my stomach open with his bare hands. I die and my soul begins ascending to heaven but the man gives chase. I wake up just as he grabs my leg =/

I also had another one recently. Me and my brother were on holiday in a villa. We went out drinking, had a fun time and returned to our villa in the early hours. I opened the door and the same figure in the black hood was there. I froze in terror. He pushed me out the way and ran towards my brother. I couldn't move and said "Leave him alone" through gritted teeth. I woke up as I was saying it aloud.

Oroku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Oroku
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Unfortunately I don't remember my dreams.
twilightpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 twilightpanda
Member since 2008 • 10607 Posts

I once had a dream where scientists brought back a dinosaur from extinction and that it escaped but everybody thought nothing of it. The next day i go to the supermarket with my parents and right when i am going inside i see a HUGE T-Rex outside and i was like F**K i told my parents and then we ran to the car with dinosaur just a few meters away from us, and i was so freakin scared, and while we were going to the airport to escape, where i live looked like the movie Cloverfield with bodies everywhere and buildings destroyed burning in smoke and ashes. SCARY!!!!!

Avatar image for tocklestein2005
tocklestein2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tocklestein2005
Member since 2008 • 5532 Posts

It's raining hard and my dead grandfather is standing across the sodden front yard calling me over. When I start to cross the yard, I suddenly sink very quickly into the wet ground and I can actually FEEL the wet earth sucking me down!

It was very freaky.

cheeselover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cheeselover
Member since 2006 • 2091 Posts
I go into my guest bedroom to find a halfspider half woman staring back at me. She starts to chase me and I have to turn and run to turn on the lightswitch before she gets to me. If I get to it I survive, if not, she gets me, and I wake up. Recurring dream