scared of driving???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ianp_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ianp_91
Member since 2004 • 2376 Posts
hello. i just wanted to know what everyone thought of this. I am 15 ..gonna turn 16 soon and my parents are making me do drivers ed. The only thing that bothers me is that i am scared to drive..like dead scared. I know lots of family members and close friends that have been killed in car crashes...i just dont want to drive. I would rather do something else. I have my learners permit so when i am FORCED to drive with them..i get all nervous, sweaty, shakey...its terrible. all my friends are all excited to drive but im the only one that isnt. I would rather now drive my whole life but my parents are forcing me to drive and not listening to me. everywhere u go..people talkin about car crashes is the leading cause of death in teens...so why should i even drive then. If they say that a 100,000 teens are killed in SKYDIVING every year...would u go do it...I DOUBT IT....so why make me drive??????? and is being scared normal at all??
Squidward117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Squidward117
Member since 2005 • 4374 Posts
No problem. You can just ride a bike all your life.
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts

I don't really like driving either. You can never trust other people on the road.

Edit: Also, a reason a lot of teens die driving is because.

A) They drink

B) They're stupid

C) They don't really pay attention and they don't follow the rules (speeding..)

And after driving a few times, you will get less and less nervous.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
I was at first for a while. But once you start driving, its really no big deal.
msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts

I was like that too way back when I took drivers ed, and I'm still alive now... :)

Snomel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Snomel
Member since 2007 • 1138 Posts

I was very scared before my first lesson, but once I got in the car, I loved it =D Sure, there are risks, but if you analyse the risk attached to anything, you'd never leave your house.... And even in the house, you're still not 100% safe.

I passed my test about 15 months ago, couldn't even begin to count how many miles I've done, but it's easily in the thousands, and the only accident I have ever had was when I accidentally took a corner too tight in a car park and rammed the side of my car into a metal pole =P No serious damage. Cars are designed to take damage with minimum injury to drivers/passengers.

I think that if you are a careful driver, you don't really have anything to worry about. And driving gives you so much freedom.

WildLIkeChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 WildLIkeChild
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

I was scared too.

But roadtrips with friends are amazing.

Seattle to LA was my favorite.

Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#8 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts

If your that scared, oyu can avoid it, but realize that to not do it and leave a good life with a better job, you're gonna have to live in a city with a strong transportation system, like NYC.

Driving is fun once you get into it. It just sucks in state like CT & MA cuz everyone drives like they are 60 years old. NJ/NY drivers are much better (NJ > NY drivers)

Avatar image for xChocoboWarrior
xChocoboWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xChocoboWarrior
Member since 2005 • 649 Posts

hello. i just wanted to know what everyone thought of this. I am 15 ..gonna turn 16 soon and my parents are making me do drivers ed. The only thing that bothers me is that i am scared to drive..like dead scared. I know lots of family members and close friends that have been killed in car crashes...i just dont want to drive. I would rather do something else. I have my learners permit so when i am FORCED to drive with them..i get all nervous, sweaty, shakey...its terrible. all my friends are all excited to drive but im the only one that isnt. I would rather now drive my whole life but my parents are forcing me to drive and not listening to me. everywhere u go..people talkin about car crashes is the leading cause of death in teens...so why should i even drive then. If they say that a 100,000 teens are killed in SKYDIVING every year...would u go do it...I DOUBT IT....so why make me drive??????? and is being scared normal at all??ianp_91

im 15, getting permit by the end of summer, i a wee bit nervous just because im also a bit scared to drive.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
i have been on hitthe side and my car and slid cuz my breakes were kind of bad and it was really slippery, but i managed to only break the side mirror, instead of colliding against a pole....i was a bit scared driving after that, but it went away, just be cautious when u drive and u should be fine =)
SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SDog624
Member since 2003 • 2032 Posts

Driving is fun once you get into it. It just sucks in state like CT & MA cuz everyone drives like they are 60 years old. NJ/NY drivers are much better (NJ > NY drivers)

Yagami-Iori

I think you got that the other way around

Two400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Two400
Member since 2006 • 2787 Posts
try a los angeles freeway at 5 p.m. on a weekday and you will know the true meaning of scared of driving....
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~Pfft, I'm 18 and I still hate it. I'll take the long route so I can turn at a light. I dread it when someone asks me to go out and get something. I'm better then I was though, use to get that feeling like I was about to go on a roller coaster before driving. And just like a roller coaster, once you get behind the wheel and get going you start to feel better. You know what made me finally just bite the bullet and get my license? One thing. I can't get a girlfriend until I can drive. If I want to take someone out I'm gonna have to drive.~-~
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
Eh, I've been driving for a year and a half and I still get nervous as heck when I'm behind the wheel. Haven't got into any accidents, though...
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Whenever I drive, I'm always concerned about crashing my car a 2nd time. I hope it doesn't happen. One time is more than enough.
BeeefIsGoood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BeeefIsGoood
Member since 2007 • 1418 Posts
its better then walking :|
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts
You'll be alright. I was horrified at the thought of driving, but I am very comfortable with it now. I occassionally drive with only 1 hand and sometimes I use NO HANDS!!!
DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts
Driving is boring. Fear>Excitement>Bordom...thats the driving process is.
raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts
Relax alot of pepole are scared when they first drive just losen up take a car for a spin around the block just dont worry about it and also most of the numbers in drivers ed that they tell you are inflated
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HandsomeDead
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
Well, at least this thread proves i'm not the only one.
Avatar image for MissVictoria230
MissVictoria230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MissVictoria230
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
Yeah, it get's me nervous sometimes. I'm 17 going to be 18 in a few days. Actually I'm totally not the same as you are. When I was 15 I begged my parents to let me drive, but they didn't agree. They said when I turn 16. Listen, first times was so scary and everything, but when time moves on, you'll get used to it. My advice to you is never drink while driving, focus, keep your eyes on the road. ;)
msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts

Well, at least this thread proves i'm not the only one.HandsomeDead

I think almost everyone is when they first start driving. It's natural.

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 SpiritEmu
Member since 2006 • 3370 Posts
Oh god... I'm so afraid to drive. I really don't want to.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts
The only scary thing about driving is just how horrible the other drivers on the road are.....
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
chicks dig carz...
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

I was nervous at first...but it's really not that hard after a bit of doing it.

I got my license a week ago and I love being able to drive places by myself.

Hellraiser3899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Hellraiser3899
Member since 2005 • 10060 Posts
Literally one week after I got my license I almost got hit by a drunk driver and he hit the person 3 cars in front of me. That kind of freaked me out a bit, but just be a good driver and keep your eyes open. 5 years of driving and not so much as a ticket, but plenty of close calls.