Saudi Government threatens to ban Skype,Viber etc.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by T-Bone91 (283 posts) -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/9956159/Saudi-Arabia-threatens-to-ban-Skype.html

According to the news article most of the telecom companies will oblige to the command of the all powerful KSA government and let them monitor all traffic.This is a blatant violation of basic human right of privacy which is endorsed by a government.What are your thoughts OT?

Oh and before some of the muslims over here start bashing me for posting this know that I'm a muslim and I was brought up in KSA.My parents are working in KSA and the only cheap and free method for me to speak to them is over Skype.Most leading news outlets around the world are ignoring this or not giving it much importance cause you know KSA is immune to accusations of all human rights violations because of its closeness to the US government.

#2 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
This means Iran should be nuked.
#3 Posted by T-Bone91 (283 posts) -
This means Iran should be nuked.kuraimen
And why do you want Iran to be nuked?
#4 Posted by ScreamDream (3953 posts) -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/9956159/Saudi-Arabia-threatens-to-ban-Skype.html

According to the news article most of the telecom companies will oblige to the command of the all powerful KSA government and let them monitor all traffic.This is a blatant violation of basic human right of privacy which is endorsed by a government.What are your thoughts OT?

Oh and before some of the muslims over here start bashing me for posting this know that I'm a muslim and I was brought up in KSA.My parents are working in KSA and the only cheap and free method for me to speak to them is over Skype.Most leading news outlets around the world are ignoring this or not giving it much importance cause you know KSA is immune to accusations of all human rights violations because of its closeness to the US government.

T-Bone91

I think the US federal goverment listens to any calls too. Ever heard of the Patriot Act? There are other laws where they can do this also.

#5 Posted by T-Bone91 (283 posts) -

[QUOTE="T-Bone91"]

ScreamDream

I think the US federal goverment listens to any calls too. Ever heard of the Patriot Act? There are other laws where they can do this also.

They monitor calls of suspected criminals,terrorists etc.Of what I know of the religious police over in KSA,they will start monitoring almost each and every call searching for what in their eyes is un-Islamic behaviour and punishing people.
#6 Posted by Flubbbs (4836 posts) -

start up a jihad against the saudi goverment

#7 Posted by ScreamDream (3953 posts) -

[QUOTE="ScreamDream"]

[QUOTE="T-Bone91"]

T-Bone91

They monitor calls of suspected criminals,terrorists etc.Of what I know of the religious police over in KSA,they will start monitoring almost each and every call searching for what in their eyes is un-Islamic behaviour and punishing people.

Yes, they have sharia law. I don't think that's going away anytime soon. Oh and the USA I'm sure monitors some innocent people from time to time.

#8 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="ScreamDream"]

[QUOTE="T-Bone91"]

T-Bone91

And you trust the US government? Lol
#9 Posted by T-Bone91 (283 posts) -
[QUOTE="T-Bone91"][QUOTE="ScreamDream"]

kuraimen

And you trust the US government? Lol

Hell no but the amount of restrictions in KSA makes you feel like you are living in a jail.
Avatar image for Rioichi21Cooper
#10 Posted by Rioichi21Cooper (241 posts) -
This means Iran should be nuked.kuraimen
Don't you mean Saudi Arabia?
#11 Posted by T-Bone91 (283 posts) -

[QUOTE="T-Bone91"][QUOTE="ScreamDream"]

ScreamDream

Yes, they have sharia law. I don't think that's going away anytime soon. Oh and the USA I'm sure monitors some innocent people from time to time.

Well atleast you guys get equal laws for most of the citizens in the country.Over in KSA if you get involved in a legal dispute with a Saudi national and if you are an expat then be prepared to be jailed for most of your life.
#12 Posted by RadecSupreme (4824 posts) -

It's very unfair to threaten. What do these fascist Islamic powerhungry bastards have to be so paranoid about anyways? Horrible. Saudi Arabia is sharia law anyways.

#13 Posted by T-Bone91 (283 posts) -

It's very unfair to threaten. What do these fascist Islamic powerhungry bastards have to be so paranoid about anyways? Horrible. Saudi Arabia is so fascist anyways.

RadecSupreme
Another arab spring I guess.That's probably one of the reasons why they want to monitor the VOIP calls.
#14 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]This means Iran should be nuked.Rioichi21Cooper

No because they're a nice democratic, freedom-loving nation that acknowledges US superiority unlike Iran.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
#15 Posted by the_ChEeSe_mAn2 (8464 posts) -
Governments, especially authoritarian and totalitarian ones, have always been scared of elements they can't control.
#16 Posted by T-Bone91 (283 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rioichi21Cooper"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]This means Iran should be nuked.kuraimen

No because they're a nice democratic, freedom-loving nation that acknowledges US superiority unlike Iran.

DEMOCRATIC????WTF man do you live under a rock?Its a theocracy ruled by the Saud family.
#17 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Rioichi21Cooper"] Don't you mean Saudi Arabia?T-Bone91

DEMOCRATIC????WTF man do you live under a rock?Its a theocracy ruled by the Saud family.

I'm being sarcastic in case you haven't noticed...
#18 Posted by T-Bone91 (283 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="T-Bone91"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] No because they're a nice democratic, freedom-loving nation that acknowledges US superiority unlike Iran.

You know sarcastic comments are usually followed by an emoticon.Just sayin'.
#19 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="T-Bone91"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="T-Bone91"] DEMOCRATIC????WTF man do you live under a rock?Its a theocracy ruled by the Saud family.

You know sarcastic comments are usually followed by an emoticon.Just sayin'.

That's no fun at all.
#20 Posted by JohnF111 (14187 posts) -
"basic human right of privacy" Humans don't have rights.
#21 Posted by T-Bone91 (283 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnF111"]"basic human right of privacy" Humans don't have rights.

On which planet?
#22 Posted by ScreamDream (3953 posts) -

[QUOTE="ScreamDream"]

[QUOTE="T-Bone91"] They monitor calls of suspected criminals,terrorists etc.Of what I know of the religious police over in KSA,they will start monitoring almost each and every call searching for what in their eyes is un-Islamic behaviour and punishing people.T-Bone91

Well atleast you guys get equal laws for most of the citizens in the country.Over in KSA if you get involved in a legal dispute with a Saudi national and if you are an expat then be prepared to be jailed for most of your life.

Doesn't mean KSA shouldn't have the same rights as the USA for listening to calls.

#23 Posted by gamerguru100 (12686 posts) -

Saudi Arabia and human rights violations go hand in hand. I feel that there is no hope for that country. 

Avatar image for Rioichi21Cooper
#24 Posted by Rioichi21Cooper (241 posts) -

Saudi Arabia and human rights violations go hand in hand. I feel that there is no hope for that country. 

gamerguru100
Too true, just look at the women. They're not even allowed to go outside without a male accompanying them!