Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 122530 Posts

Anyone noticed I didn't make one last Saturday? I figured you were all out of energy after Thankgiving and Black Friday. :P

Today has been a day with both lows and highs for me. I slipped on the ice. Luckily nothing major. And a new squat PR. :D For the rest of the evening though will be relaxing. Most likely gaming. Halo Master Chief collection and Skyrim.

What are your plans for the day?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 214

#2 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14228 Posts

Planning to watch the Anthony Joshua vs. Andy Ruiz boxing rematch.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Horgen  Moderator

@Jag85 said:

Heavy weight world champ fight?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10030 Posts

I played Half-Life 2, watched the latest Boku no Hero Academia episode and re-watched Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark for the umpteenth time.

Rest of the day I'll probably do some studying to prepare myself for a couple upcoming job interviews and then, more gaming.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 4386 Posts

Going to have a Dennys Turkey dinner for Supper and watch this movie it's mediocre to say the least but I like it for some reason mostly because of the Christmas atmosphere and I like movies where people are trapped.

Loading Video...

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 41232 Posts

I'm at work today on a Saturday (needed that extra money for myself) and boy, it is slow today. At least I have my Switch for this situation ;)

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Horgen  Moderator

@davillain-: How luck you are that you can play with your Switch while at work D=

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 7137 Posts

Taking it easy. Had a bad stomach bug on Monday and still feeling the after-effect; I now eat nothing but a cup of soup after 7 pm. Also still trying to get my sleep pattern into some kind of normality after my chronic insomnia caught up with me hard last week. It was so bad I contemplated giving up gaming altogether because it literally physically hurt me to play video games.

It's a lot better now, but still not 100%; I can play about 3-4 hours a day tops, and only during daytime; if I try to play at night, the pain immediately starts coming back. I'll do some light gaming with my badass new Logitech G604 mouse, but yeah, I'll mostly be taking it easy.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TJDMHEM  Online
Member since 2006 • 2941 Posts

Work and watch the Georgia vs LSU game

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 17694 Posts

@TJDMHEM:

They're both still going to the playoffs right?

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TJDMHEM  Online
Member since 2006 • 2941 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@TJDMHEM:

They're both still going to the playoffs right?

the winner is going to the playoffs i'm not sure about the loser.

Ovirew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12 Ovirew
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@horgen: I filled out a job application, did laundry, and now I'm making a frozen pizza. I decided I want to take steps towards eating healthier, and started doing that yesterday, but since it's Saturday night and I have some free time I feel like it's a nice ending to the day.

@warmblur: That movie was pretty effed though, saw it a few years ago.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3084 Posts

Was playing beat saber yesterday, hoping I can get the PC to finish star wars though.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 15882 Posts

Picking up a firecracker roll for the wife, then heading home to continue learning all the ins-and-outs for my new phone. Finally upgraded after 4 years.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

#15 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2410 Posts

Probably just watch some Christmas movies later tonight.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Horgen  Moderator

@Ovirew said:

@horgen: I filled out a job application, did laundry, and now I'm making a frozen pizza. I decided I want to take steps towards eating healthier, and started doing that yesterday, but since it's Saturday night and I have some free time I feel like it's a nice ending to the day.

@warmblur: That movie was pretty effed though, saw it a few years ago.

Pizza in moderation wont' do much harm. :)

Good luck with the job hunting.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Horgen  Moderator

@harrycharles254 said:

I will wake late in the morning. After that will play 9 to 10 hours playing games on the computer :)

Damn. It's more than a decade since I managed to play games for that long. Including breaks for eating other small necessities.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 1035 Posts

Not much really. Noodling on guitar and listening to some Asimov audiobooks. Thought I'd finally get round to going through Foundation. Enjoying it so far.

Noticed Thimbleweed Park is on GP, so I might take a look at that shortly, or maybe AoE2:DE. Has to be something undemanding because I'm stuck on my laptop until I replace my monitor.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46097 Posts

I Work on Saturdays.

Sunday is my "saturday", which is today. I'm going to smoke a brisket! Wish me luck, I've done it once before and it turned out OK, hopefully this time it t urns out great.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Horgen  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:

I Work on Saturdays.

Sunday is my "saturday", which is today. I'm going to smoke a brisket! Wish me luck, I've done it once before and it turned out OK, hopefully this time it t urns out great.

Surely the brisket should not end up in an urn? :P

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrbojangles25

@horgen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I Work on Saturdays.

Surely the brisket should not end up in an urn? :P

Let's hope not! I plan on it being juicy, not ash :D

Gglgllglgllglgllglglglgl, as Homer Simpson would say.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 7101 Posts

@Jag85 said:

yeah me too. i streamed it. glad i didn't pay £25 for it.

joshua may have outboxed him i.e. kept his distance / discipline and jabbed repeatedly at him for 12 rounds but you did get the feeling if it was just a straight out brawl ruiz would have battered him. joshua looked petrified of letting him get up close

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Horgen  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:

Let's hope not! I plan on it being juicy, not ash :D

Gglgllglgllglgllglglglgl, as Homer Simpson would say.

Do want.

Ovirew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25 Ovirew
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@mrbojangles25: To this day one of the finest cuts of steak I've ever had was beef braciole that a handyman made. He went all-out on the dish, and did it the traditional way. I think while I ate it I was watching the second Matrix movie, for the first time.

I am almost inspired to maybe try to recreate that one of these months. It is definitely worth making if you're willing to do it the right way.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mrbojangles25

@Ovirew: Yeah beef braciole is amazing. Used to work at an italian restaurant and while we never had it on the menu (pain in the ass to make), the owner was from Italy and for staff meal he made it once. Awesome.

It's funny I used to love steak, but as I've gotten older I've drifted away from traditional grilled steaks and burgers and more towards beef dishes like stews, braciole, and stuff like that. The tough cuts of beef have the most flavor but needs hours to cook.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 214

#27 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14228 Posts

@Macutchi said:

yeah me too. i streamed it. glad i didn't pay £25 for it.

joshua may have outboxed him i.e. kept his distance / discipline and jabbed repeatedly at him for 12 rounds but you did get the feeling if it was just a straight out brawl ruiz would have battered him. joshua looked petrified of letting him get up close

Same. Couldn't be arsed to pay.

To Joshua's credit, he changed up his style and improved on a technical level. He's usually a brawler, focusing less on technique and more on power. But this time, he was forced to focus on technique, with the jabbing and footwork, and fighting on the back-foot. But yeah, Ruiz is the better brawler, with more speed and power. So if Josh can't scrap with him, then he might as well outbox him technically, using his height and reach to his advantage. That's more-or-less what the likes of Mayweather and Tyson Fury have been doing for much of their careers.

As for Ruiz, he was like a Buster Douglas all over again. After his stunning upset victory the first time, he got rich, slacked off on training and preparation, put on a lot of weight (when he was already fat to begin with), and got dominated. Seems like he lost the hunger, and just came for the paycheck. Hopefully, Ruiz bounces back and doesn't waste his talent.

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ezekiel43  Online
Member since 2017 • 2378 Posts

I tried watching the worst looking 4K movie I own, Batman Begins. The colors were nice, but the DNR was so aggressive that I gave up after ten minutes and watched the included Blu-ray instead. Until now, I've never owned a 4K movie that looks worse than the Blu-ray. I really like Batman Begins, though. I think it's my favorite Batman movie.

Before that, I watched Ghostbusters 2 in 4k, which looks infinitely better. I hadn't seen it since I was a kid.

Read Watchmen chapter 8.

Watched Thundercats.

Played some Astral Chain. Longer than I expected. I really thought it was almost over, but there was a twist that's gonna extend it much farther, it seems. I find it just okay, like most of PG's games.