SATs: Anyone here take 'em recently?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wzboson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wzboson
Member since 2009 • 105 Posts

I took them a week ago, and I am so nervous: one test is going to influence my life so greatly.

Does anyone who took them in march want to talk answers? Or anybody got good stories about their SAT experience.

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts

I took'em in the fall, as I needed an SAT score for scholarship purposes. I had already graduated though, so most people that I knew in the test-taking room were wondering why the hell I was there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
In Soviet Russia, SATs take you.
wzboson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wzboson
In Soviet Russia, SATs take you.Jandurin
?
Avatar image for deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
Member since 2005 • 6504 Posts
It seems like everyone else in the country takes the SAT and I'm stuck in the podunk midwest with the ACT...
batboy113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 batboy113
Member since 2007 • 1204 Posts

I'm sure they stopped sats, which means that noone has to do them any more?? Anyways i did them a couple of years ago and got,7,6 and another 6 all respectively in that order for maths, english and science.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"]In Soviet Russia, SATs take you.wzboson
?

Welcome to the internet :)
BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts

I'm sure they stopped sats, which means that noone has to do them any more?? Anyways i did them a couple of years ago and got,7,6 and another 6 all respectively in that order for maths, english and science.

batboy113

SAT's consist of Math, Critical Reading, and Writing no science. They are also one of the most important decision factors on colleges you can get into, there's no way their getting rid of them.

Avatar image for theBESTplayer10
theBESTplayer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 theBESTplayer10
Member since 2009 • 228 Posts
I'm taking mine next year...
batboy113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 batboy113
[QUOTE="BladeOfHeaven"][QUOTE="batboy113"]

SAT's consist of Math, Critical Reading, and Writing no science. They are also one of the most decision factors on colleges you can get into, there's no way their getting rid of them.

WTF. I presume i live in a different country to all of you.
wzboson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wzboson
It seems like everyone else in the country takes the SAT and I'm stuck in the podunk midwest with the ACT... supercubedude64
I recommend taking them anyway; you should have the option to go to a non state school
wzboson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wzboson
[QUOTE="batboy113"][QUOTE="BladeOfHeaven"][QUOTE="batboy113"]

SAT's consist of Math, Critical Reading, and Writing no science. They are also one of the most decision factors on colleges you can get into, there's no way their getting rid of them.

maybe you did SATII?
batboy113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 batboy113
[QUOTE="batboy113"][QUOTE="BladeOfHeaven"] SAT's consist of Math, Critical Reading, and Writing no science. They are also one of the most decision factors on colleges you can get into, there's no way their getting rid of them.wzboson

maybe you did SATII?

I dont know what the hell i did. I live in england, so i think our examination structure is different to yours.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thepwninator
[QUOTE="supercubedude64"]It seems like everyone else in the country takes the SAT and I'm stuck in the podunk midwest with the ACT... wzboson
I recommend taking them anyway; you should have the option to go to a non state school

ACT is, these days, viewed on par with the SAT by pretty much everyone but the Ivies, but they're overrated anyway, so... :P I got into a pretty good university with just my ACT, if that means anything to you.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

SATs are being less and less of an influence on college admissions, thanks to people being able to take classes for them. :)

I took them last week. Wasn't worried, and in fact they were quite easy. The biggest problem with them is that the trick questions sometimes get me (especially on the math, where I'm too busy trying to finish all the grid-ins).

wzboson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wzboson

SATs are being less and less of an influence on college admissions, thanks to people being able to take classes for them. :)

I took them last week. Wasn't worried, and in fact they were quite easy. The biggest problem with them is that the trick questions sometimes get me (especially on the math, where I'm too busy trying to finish all the grid-ins).

Saturos3091

what'd you get on the last grid in? the one about f (ab) ? And the one about the water buckets?

wzboson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wzboson
[QUOTE="wzboson"][QUOTE="supercubedude64"]It seems like everyone else in the country takes the SAT and I'm stuck in the podunk midwest with the ACT... thepwninator

ACT is, these days, viewed on par with the SAT by pretty much everyone but the Ivies, but they're overrated anyway, so... :P I got into a pretty good university with just my ACT, if that means anything to you.

interesting. I didn't know you could do that.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]

wzboson

what'd you get on the last grid in? the one about f (ab) ? And the one about the water buckets?

Didn't have those problems. I presume that I took a different test, and had multiple grid-in sections.

wzboson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wzboson

[QUOTE="wzboson"]

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]

Saturos3091

Didn't have those problems. I presume that I took a different test, and had multiple grid-in sections.

what was your essay?

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts
[QUOTE="wzboson"][QUOTE="batboy113"] WTF. I presume i live in a different country to all of you.batboy113
maybe you did SATII?

I dont know what the hell i did. I live in england, so i think our examination structure is different to yours.

You did the British SATS. In America, you take your SAT at the same age as we do our GCSEs.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thepwninator
[QUOTE="wzboson"][QUOTE="thepwninator"][QUOTE="wzboson"] I recommend taking them anyway; you should have the option to go to a non state school

interesting. I didn't know you could do that.

Yup. As a matter of fact, many top-tier colleges outside of the Northeast actually weigh the ACT more, as, due to the lack of prep cIasses for it, they feel that it is somewhat more representative of the student's actual ability.
chilidogg94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chilidogg94
Member since 2008 • 565 Posts

I took one last year in 7th grade for Duke T.I.P. I didn't take it to seriously though

Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Smoke89
Member since 2003 • 3575 Posts

I took the SAT last year, got a 1920. They really aren't a big deal, you can get into many schools with a DECENT score and then you can transfer to almost any school you want if you have an okay GPA.

thequietguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 thequietguy
Member since 2008 • 2160 Posts

I took the SAT last year, got a 1920. They really aren't a big deal, you can get into many schools with a DECENT score and then you can transfer to almost any school you want if you have an okay GPA.

Smoke89
Not anymore. In the bay Area, over 80% of the seniors at my school didn't get accepted at ANY UCs, and even got rejected by a lot of CSU schools. Most of the seniors are going to City College or SF State, which are really easy to get into.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Not really. If you're going to grad school, all that really matters is your GRE/LSAT/MCAT scores and a decent GPA.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Took them a few years ago. It's not a big deal, considering you can take them as many times as you want to improve your score.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I took the ACT last week.