Samuel L. Jackson to President Obama: Stop Dropping Your Gs!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

Samuel L. Jackson to Obama: Stop Dropping Your Gs, Be F***ing Presidential talks about how Jackson criticized our Harvard-educated President for trying to relate.

Jackson is known the grammar police on Twitter apparently and thinks the Harvard educated President should not try to "fit in" when talking to the every day person. According to Jackson, there is a time and a place for everything (there is) and when talking on a national stage, one should enunciate properly.

Is Jackson right? 

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I don't have a problem with the way President Obama speaks. I do however have a problem with the fact that he is still campaigning long after the election has ended. He travels around the country, gather up people to stand around him and gives speeches about what we should believe and what we should do. He's the president, you don't try and convince people to like you. Instead get in there and do your job. Just do what you have to do and what you think needs to be done and do it. People don't have to like you, and as president most people won't like you, so why bother. I don't agree with many of Obama's stances but I'd respect him a lot more if he would just go and do them instead of trying to convince me to agree with him. /end rant.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

I don't have a problem with the way President Obama speaks. I do however have a problem with the fact that he is still campaigning long after the election has ended. He travels around the country, gather up people to stand around him and gives speeches about what we should believe and what we should do. He's the president, you don't try and convince people to like you. Instead get in there and do your job. Just do what you have to do and what you think needs to be done and do it. People don't have to like you, and as president most people won't like you, so why bother. I don't agree with many of Obama's stances but I'd respect him a lot more if he would just go and do them instead of trying to convince me to agree with him. /end rant. ferrari2001

Often times presidents have an easier time gaining the support of other politicians in congress when he has the support of their constituents back home. Though that hasn't really been the case with this congress.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts
Love his voiceovers and movies. Don't care for his opinion.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I don't have a problem with the way President Obama speaks. I do however have a problem with the fact that he is still campaigning long after the election has ended. He travels around the country, gather up people to stand around him and gives speeches about what we should believe and what we should do. He's the president, you don't try and convince people to like you. Instead get in there and do your job. Just do what you have to do and what you think needs to be done and do it. People don't have to like you, and as president most people won't like you, so why bother. I don't agree with many of Obama's stances but I'd respect him a lot more if he would just go and do them instead of trying to convince me to agree with him. /end rant. ferrari2001

I agree that he spends too much time campaigning, but I believe he is forced to because parts of Congress refuse to work with him. He has no choice to appeal to the masses. If there was a way to make deals with the leaders on Capitol Hill directly, I'm sure he would do it. 

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
F*ck a g, would rather he'd stop dropping bombs.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Theres more important things to worry about than the way he talks.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I don't think anyone should try to act like a dunce to fit in so yeah I agree with him.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
If this came from a white guy, he would be accused of racism.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Love his voiceovers and movies. Don't care for his opinion.Netret0120