Ryan Miller to sit out tonights rematch against Sidney Crosby

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts

So what do you guys think. Are the sabers making a smart move by resting Miller against the penguins and the man who scored the gold medal goal. or do you think they should play him.

personally im glad they are resting Miller, the goalie is one of the most demanding positions in hockey as youre on the ice for all 60 minutes. and considering miller played every game in the olympics he deserves more than 2 days rest

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts
Go Pens. Long as the Pens win...I don't care who is in goal. Nonetheless, the goalies doesn't have as much exertion as the skaters. Not to belittle the job but I think it's more mental exhaustion than physical.
kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

Once again the NHL showing it does not know how to market itself at all. The first screwup this season was showcasing its two megastars Crosby vs Ovechkin on Superbowl Sunday. Now missing out on an oppurttunity for a grudge face off of Miller and Crosby.

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
lol poor Miller
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

So what do you guys think. Are the sabers making a smart move by resting Miller against the penguins and the man who scored the gold medal goal. or do you think they should play him.

personally im glad they are resting Miller, the goalie is one of the most demanding positions in hockey as youre on the ice for all 60 minutes. and considering miller played every game in the olympics he deserves more than 2 days rest

FUBAR24
Sabres are smart. Give him some rest, let him work his way back into a groove for the stretch.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#6 deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts
if you consider how many games he played in the last 2 weeks and the intensity of each game, ya he could use a rest
ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

This has nothing to do with the fact that Crosby will be on the opposing team tonight. Miller started every game for the US team so a few days of rest can't hurt, especially going into the final weeks of the season where every game is important. The Sabres are 5th in the Eastern Conference and are fighting for the Northeast Division title so they will need Miller to be fully rested going into the playoffs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#8 deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

Once again the NHL showing it does not know how to market itself at all. The first screwup this season was showcasing its two megastars Crosby vs Ovechkin on Superbowl Sunday. Now missing out on an oppurttunity for a grudge face off of Miller and Crosby.

kidsmelly
i hope your kidding about the nhl not being able to market itself
ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

kidsmelly

They're is no grudge matchup and there is no need to market it as one. The game isn't nationally televised either. And you can't fault Lindy Ruff for wanting to rest his goaltender.

Clutch22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Clutch22
Member since 2004 • 122 Posts

kidsmelly

it has nothing to do with the NHL, its the coaches call. Plus the hockey market in the states is already terrible having a little match up against crosby and miller wouldn't change a thing. I'd say he still at home curled up in a ball crying over his weak goal he let in to give canada the gold!!! try not to talk about things that you have no idea what your talking about.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Go Pens. Long as the Pens win...I don't care who is in goal. Nonetheless, the goalies doesn't have as much exertion as the skaters. Not to belittle the job but I think it's more mental exhaustion than physical.LJS9502_basic

I'd disagree with that. Take into account that goalies generally have to play the entire game (and even when the play is in the other end they still have to be on alert and can't really sit down and rest), their equipment is much much heavier than a skaters, and the acrobatics they have to do (which is more taxing than straight forwardskating), goalies bodies take quite a beating.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Go Pens. Long as the Pens win...I don't care who is in goal. Nonetheless, the goalies doesn't have as much exertion as the skaters. Not to belittle the job but I think it's more mental exhaustion than physical._BlueDuck_

I'd disagree with that. Take into account that goalies generally have to play the entire game (and even when the play is in the other end they still have to be on alert and can't really sit down and rest), their equipment is much much heavier than a skaters, and the acrobatics they have to do (which is more taxing than straight forwardskating), goalies bodies take quite a beating.

Especially when the play is at the other end of the ice and they're leaning against the goal watching.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
could have been a good marketing op
SeanDog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SeanDog123
Member since 2005 • 1327 Posts
Miller deserves a rest, he will play the next two home games, so the fans will get to see him well rested. I"m going Friday against the Penguins. Lets God Buffalo!
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Makes sense. Miller is the only thing keeping Buffalo in the playoffs, you don't want to risk injury after a relatively tough Olympic tourney and you don't want Crosby (who has a history of playing well against Buffalo/Miller) lighting him up and hurting his confidence (Miller looked absolutely crushed during the medal ceremony).

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _BlueDuck_

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Go Pens. Long as the Pens win...I don't care who is in goal. Nonetheless, the goalies doesn't have as much exertion as the skaters. Not to belittle the job but I think it's more mental exhaustion than physical.LJS9502_basic

Especially when the play is at the other end of the ice and they're leaning against the goal watching.

Harder than sitting down on a bench.

3eyedrazorback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 3eyedrazorback
Member since 2005 • 16380 Posts
Pens for the win...s.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]

_BlueDuck_

Is it? Anyway, what I initially said was that it isn't as physically demanding as the skaters. Which you seem to have ignored.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I'm a Pens fan, so that's good for me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic

sonicare

I knew you were one of the more intelligent users here.....:P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

I knew you were one of the more intelligent users here.....

haha. Of course, though I am a browns fan, too. My home town was north of Pittsburgh, so we're split between the Bills, Browns, and Steelers.
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _BlueDuck_

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Especially when the play is at the other end of the ice and they're leaning against the goal watching.LJS9502_basic

Is it? Anyway, what I initially said was that it isn't as physically demanding as the skaters. Which you seem to have ignored.

Depends what you mean by physically demanding. A skater's heart might get more mileage, and they might end up burning more calories in the game, I'm not sure. But speaking from personal experience my muscles have always felt more worn down after a game in net rather than as a forward.

In conclusion, Miller should have the game off :P

-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
I think its a good move to rest him. Let Miller relax and get himself prepared to play in the NHL again. Besides just because Miller wont be in net doesnt exactly guarantee a win for the Penguins.
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#24 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
So a goalie can't have a night off? Christ the guy played a grueling tournament, on a team where nobody even gave a chance to. One night off isn't going to hurt.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

So a goalie can't have a night off? Christ the guy played a grueling tournament, on a team where nobody even gave a chance to. One night off isn't going to hurt. metallica_fan42

no or else he is a coward:x

-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts

[QUOTE="metallica_fan42"]So a goalie can't have a night off? Christ the guy played a grueling tournament, on a team where nobody even gave a chance to. One night off isn't going to hurt. weezyfb

no or else he is a coward:x

Well its not necessarily Miller's decision to not play. Its the coach's choice. Give Miller a night off tonight then play him down the stretch towards the playoffs.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic
I think its a good move to rest him. Let Miller relax and get himself prepared to play in the NHL again. Besides just because Miller wont be in net doesnt exactly guarantee a win for the Penguins.-Fromage-
If he's in goal doesn't guarantee a win for Buffalo either.:P
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
lol, Miller must be feeling on top of the world right now.