Russians, alcoholics since 357BC !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MAZ85
Member since 2007 • 1094 Posts

here's a funnt information I stumbled upon today:

In the early 900s, Islam spread to the Russian heartland, with the conversion of the Volga Bulgars, a state that existed east of modern Moscow. The Volga Bulgars attempted to convert Kievan Rus' to Islam (the forerunners of modern Russia), but their leader declared the Russians could never give up wine, which was the "very joy of their lives".

EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EagleEyedOne
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

Humans have been alcholics since they learned of fermentation.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts
Sounds like just about any ancient culture.
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I guess you' ve never been to a symposium in ancient Greece. :P

They even had a god dedicated to wine and wine-making.

derrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 derrange
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts
I am russian. Yes, a lot of people in my country are alcoholics, but that's normal here, people just do what they want to do, i can have a drink myself and that's alright.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts
I am russian. Yes, a lot of people in my country are alcoholics, but that's normal here, people just do what they want to do, i can have a drink myself and that's alright.derrange
Russia, twinned with Ireland since sometime BC :D
MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MAZ85
arabs were also big wine drinkers before islam, tey used to hold competitions of who drinks more before passing out and all
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts
arabs were also big wine drinkers before islam, tey used to hold competitions of who drinks more before passing out and allMAZ85
amazing how just one man comes to the Earth to spread a message, and now a 1/4 of the worlds population refuses to drink wine/alcohol. :)
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="MAZ85"]arabs were also big wine drinkers before islam, tey used to hold competitions of who drinks more before passing out and allGrayF0X786
amazing how just one man comes to the Earth to spread a message, and now a 1/4 of the worlds population refuses to drink wine/alcohol. :)

You can spread a religion far when you do so via conquest and threat of death.

derrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 derrange
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

[QUOTE="derrange"]I am russian. Yes, a lot of people in my country are alcoholics, but that's normal here, people just do what they want to do, i can have a drink myself and that's alright.tenaka2

Russia vs Ireland in beer driking contest, i would love to see that! I vote for Russia :)

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="MAZ85"]arabs were also big wine drinkers before islam, tey used to hold competitions of who drinks more before passing out and allGrayF0X786

Just shows how God damn dumb and gullible people are...

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="tenaka2"][QUOTE="derrange"]I am russian. Yes, a lot of people in my country are alcoholics, but that's normal here, people just do what they want to do, i can have a drink myself and that's alright.derrange

Russia vs Ireland in beer driking contest, i would love to see that! I vote for Russia :)

Wait what will they be drinking though? That is VERY important!:P

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Hail alcohol! Hail drunkeness! Hail Godlessness!
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"][QUOTE="MAZ85"]arabs were also big wine drinkers before islam, tey used to hold competitions of who drinks more before passing out and allLostProphetFLCL

:lol: the irony in this post.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"][QUOTE="MAZ85"]arabs were also big wine drinkers before islam, tey used to hold competitions of who drinks more before passing out and allworlock77

You can spread a religion far when you do so via conquest and threat of death.

Brohammad needed some sober soldiers. Easier to 'spread a message' when the guys wielding the swords aren't shit faced.
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] amazing how just one man comes to the Earth to spread a message, and now a 1/4 of the worlds population refuses to drink wine/alcohol. :)SNIPER4321

So basically Who refuse to drink are dumb? congratulations for enter new lever of stupidity.

Point_over_your_head.jpg.

Communist_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Communist_Soul
Member since 2009 • 3080 Posts

You got some of those years wrong.

Communist_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Communist_Soul
Member since 2009 • 3080 Posts

Well given the population back then I doubt it was hard to spread a new religion.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

more for us
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"][QUOTE="MAZ85"]arabs were also big wine drinkers before islam, tey used to hold competitions of who drinks more before passing out and allCommunist_Soul

Well given the population back then I doubt it was hard to spread a new religion.

yeah, and today it isn't hard either to get 1/4 to believe in a certain thing at least cnn is spreading agitprop peacefully, can't say the same for mo
MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MAZ85
[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"][QUOTE="MAZ85"]arabs were also big wine drinkers before islam, tey used to hold competitions of who drinks more before passing out and allMrPraline

more for us

enjoy it then
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

TC, Islam didn't exist in 357BC. in the 900's AD the Volga Bulgers converted to Islam.

MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MAZ85

TC, Islam didn't exist in 357BC. in the 900's AD the Volga Bulgers converted to Islam.

lordreaven
yes
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38686 Posts

maybe that's why there's so much pent up rage....