Ron Paul could have won this election.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] lolque

I remember watching I Am Legend too.

-Sun_Tzu-
Nice appeal to ridicule bruh. State-mandated medication is a dangerous thing. Do you remember the Tuskegee syphilis experiment? I don't trust the government with putting things in my body.

Who said anything about the government putting anything in your body?

This quote chain started with me and TopTierHustler talking about mandatory vaccinations.
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] If vaccinations are mandatory, then all it takes it one bad vaccination to screw over an entire generation of Americans.kingkong0124

lolque

that movie was overrated.

i thought it was panned and it wasnt THAT bad. that dog was a baller
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Nice appeal to ridicule bruh. State-mandated medication is a dangerous thing. Do you remember the Tuskegee syphilis experiment? I don't trust the government with putting things in my body.

Who said anything about the government putting anything in your body?

This quote chain started with me and TopTierHustler talking about mandatory vaccinations.

That is much different than the government putting things in your body.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] lolque

Abbeten

that movie was overrated.

It was pretty bad, especially the ending.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Laihendi
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Who said anything about the government putting anything in your body?

Please explain how government mandated vaccinations is different from the government putting things in your body.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] If vaccinations are mandatory, then all it takes it one bad vaccination to screw over an entire generation of Americans.Laihendi

lolque

Nice appeal to ridicule bruh. State-mandated medication is a dangerous thing. Do you remember the Tuskegee syphilis experiment? I don't trust the government with putting things in my body.

They already have, you're immune to like 25 deadly diseases. Cry about it, but it's the best way to deal with preventable desiese.

I think you really need to think a little deeper about your ideology when it would cause cancer and kill children with no discernible benefit.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] This quote chain started with me and TopTierHustler talking about mandatory vaccinations.Laihendi

Please explain how government mandated vaccinations is different from the government putting things in your body.

They prevent disease?

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] lolque

MakeMeaSammitch

They already have, you're immune to like 25 deadly diseases.

And they've put some other things in my body as well, such as fluoride. I'm not denying that many vaccinations are beneficial. What I'm saying is that it's dangerous to give the government the power to put whatever it wants in your body, because that gives them the opportunity to abuse that power and cause a lot of harm (fluoride).
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] That is much different than the government putting things in your body. MakeMeaSammitch

They prevent disease?

A vaccination has to be put inside someone's body for it to do anything at all. Are you serious?
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Nice appeal to ridicule bruh. State-mandated medication is a dangerous thing. Do you remember the Tuskegee syphilis experiment? I don't trust the government with putting things in my body.Laihendi

They already have, you're immune to like 25 deadly diseases.

And they've put some other things in my body as well, such as fluoride. I'm not denying that many vaccinations are beneficial. What I'm saying is that it's dangerous to give the government the power to put whatever it wants in your body, because that gives them the opportunity to abuse that power and cause a lot of harm (fluoride).

hahahahaha

I'm sorry General Jack Ripper but there isn't anything wrong with the flouride in your water.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] This quote chain started with me and TopTierHustler talking about mandatory vaccinations.

The vaccines are produced by the private sector, transported by the private sector, and administered by the private sector. No matter how you slice it the government isn't putting anything in your body by mandating vaccinations.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Laihendi
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] That is much different than the government putting things in your body.

The vaccines are produced by the private sector, transported by the private sector, and administered by the private sector. No matter how you slice it the government isn't putting anything in your body by mandating vaccinations.

If the government creates a law stating that everyone is required to receive specific vaccinations, then the government is controlling what goes into people's bodies. This mentioning of the private sector is laughable. The government is forcing everyone to engage in specific services of their choosing with the private sector, and through the FDA controls what services the private sector even offers in matters of vaccinations.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#164 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="Barbariser"]

Nobody with half a brain would care about your stupid appeals to emotion when deciding policies like these, so don't bother typing them. Vaccination works best when done en masse, since it severely curbs the ability of infectious diseases to spread. It's far more convenient and efficient for people to be vaccinated at their infancy than to make it voluntary and hope that parents will be willing and knowledgable enough to immunize their kids.

We know that some parents are stupid and are convinced that vaccines can give people autism and that this risk outweighs the fact that your kid has a much lower chance of being killed by tetanus. Knowing this, why should we not take as many steps as possible to prevent kids from dying due to vaccine-preventing diseases? Would you rather that idiot parents be allowed to needlessly expose and risk their children?

Barbariser

bottom line im saying: you shouldnt be forced by the government to get a vaccination. that is absolutely ridiculous and a clear violation of personal liberty

Why the f*ck not? The government can force me not to kill other people or steal from them, why shouldn't it be able to force parents to make sure their children are immune to tetanus? You have offered nothing to suggest that mandatory vaccination is a bad thing except some arbtitrary moral axioms from your idealogy, and if your idealogy will result in children dying due to a lack of immunity to easily preventable diseases then what merit does it have for human society?

Quoted for fvcking truth. The bolded portion totally blows a hole in Libertarian ideology.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#165 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]I have never suggested that a country shouldn't have a military force. Using force to collect money to fund the military does nothing to protect rights. For such an act to occur, there can be no legally recognized property rights among private citizens, as the government (and only the government) has the legal right to take whatever it wants from whoever it wants. In such a situation, property for private citizens in merely a privilege rather than a right. Something cannot protect people's rights if it necessitates there being no rights to protect.Laihendi

So how do you propose to fund the military without taxes?

You deny the benefits of citizenship to anyone who refuses to pay taxes. Just to clarify, I advocate voluntary taxation, not ending taxation.

LOL! Are you fvcking crazy? Who the hell is going to pay taxes voluntarily? :?

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Please explain how government mandated vaccinations is different from the government putting things in your body.Laihendi

If the government creates a law stating that everyone is required to receive specific vaccinations, then the government is controlling what goes into people's bodies. This mentioning of the private sector is laughable. The government is forcing everyone to engage in specific services of their choosing with the private sector, and through the FDA controls what services the private sector even offers in matters of vaccinations.

Parents can be prosecuted for knowingly letting children die/be permanently disabled from treatable diseases, i.e. the government already forces you to put things in your body when necessary by your definition. This is no different, and parents should be prosecuted if their children die or are permanantly disabled because they did not get them vaccinated.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Abbeten

[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"] that movie was overrated.Aljosa23

It was pretty bad, especially the ending.

the ending is godawful but that dont invalidate the rest of the movie i mean i consider a movie good if i was entertained to the amount of money i expended to indulge in it and i am legend was no doubt entertaining, regardless of the ending which was indisputably bad from a dramatic standpoint
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Abbeten

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]I have never suggested that a country shouldn't have a military force. Using force to collect money to fund the military does nothing to protect rights. For such an act to occur, there can be no legally recognized property rights among private citizens, as the government (and only the government) has the legal right to take whatever it wants from whoever it wants. In such a situation, property for private citizens in merely a privilege rather than a right. Something cannot protect people's rights if it necessitates there being no rights to protect.Laihendi

So how do you propose to fund the military without taxes?

You deny the benefits of citizenship to anyone who refuses to pay taxes. Just to clarify, I advocate voluntary taxation, not ending taxation.

This is great because this no doubt denies property rights to those who opt out of taxation that or it falls victim to the collective action problem
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Please explain how government mandated vaccinations is different from the government putting things in your body.Laihendi

They prevent disease?

A vaccination has to be put inside someone's body for it to do anything at all. Are you serious?

yes, and they were/are.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 MakeMeaSammitch

And they've put some other things in my body as well, such as fluoride. I'm not denying that many vaccinations are beneficial. What I'm saying is that it's dangerous to give the government the power to put whatever it wants in your body, because that gives them the opportunity to abuse that power and cause a lot of harm (fluoride).Laihendi
Fluorine is good for your teeth and has no real affect on you. You also have to pay for city water to get it, so you can opt out.

Your logic is silly if there's no modern precedent, vaccines prevent disease, and nothing more. You're going into conspiracy theorist territory if you think otherwise, or suggest that other things are going on.

If the government creates a law stating that everyone is required to receive specific vaccinations, then the government is controlling what goes into people's bodies. This mentioning of the private sector is laughable. The government is forcing everyone to engage in specific services of their choosing with the private sector, and through the FDA controls what services the private sector even offers in matters of vaccinations.Laihendi
Again, all these things are beneficial, especially to children.

In fact, they've cured a type of cancer with a vaccine ron paul opposed.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I Am Legend was okay.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#172 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] So how do you propose to fund the military without taxes?GreySeal9

Everyone actually. The hole in the argument that Laihendi presents is that if you don't want to pay taxes to the United States you don't have to live here. But by living here you are, by implication, agreeing to follow it's laws and rules. One of those laws and rules that has been in place long before ANY of us was born is the income taxes. So, whether they like it or not, libertarians are voluntarily paying taxes for the privilege of living in this country. They may not always like everything those taxes go towards paying, just like I don't particularly like the fact that our military budget is very nearly as big as the rest of the world's COMBINED, but that's the downside of living in a damned democracy. Don't like a certain tax or a certain law? Then get a bunch of your friends together and campaign to get it changed. Can't manage to get Ron Paul elected? Then you have the choice of either trying again next time or trying to find another country that will implement policy that you agree with more that still provides the same standard of living. Those are the choices in the adult world.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#173 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts

I Am Legend was okay.

coolbeans90
Agreed. I thought it was reasonably good enough that it was worth the price of admission. But I also like the alternate ending more.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#174 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

I Am Legend was okay.

nocoolnamejim
Agreed. I thought it was reasonably good enough that it was worth the price of admission. But I also like the alternate ending more.

I enjoyed it up to the ending, which was stupid. Been meaning to read the graphic novel, busy with Irredeemable right now though.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

I Am Legend was okay.

chessmaster1989

I enjoyed it up to the ending, which was stupid. Been meaning to read the graphic novel, busy with Irredeemable right now though.

Agreed. It was really good besides that though.

Loved how he was going crazy.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] So how do you propose to fund the military without taxes?GreySeal9

People who want to vote, have the government enforce their legal contracts, etc.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] So how do you propose to fund the military without taxes?Abbeten

This is great because this no doubt denies property rights to those who opt out of taxation that or it falls victim to the collective action problem

How does that deny property rights to anyone?
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] You deny the benefits of citizenship to anyone who refuses to pay taxes. Just to clarify, I advocate voluntary taxation, not ending taxation.

Laihendi

People who want to vote, have the government enforce their legal contracts, etc.

They tried that before....it kept poor, mainly black people, from voting.

Study history....

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 coolbeans90

Property rights would have a bit of a problem existing without, to some extent, forcibly removing property via taxation. Without a p. powerful institutionalized means of protecting property, property isn't protected beyond one's ability to procure its protection - which is substantially less than what is provided via a stable central government, which won't meaningfully exist without taxation.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Abbeten
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] You deny the benefits of citizenship to anyone who refuses to pay taxes. Just to clarify, I advocate voluntary taxation, not ending taxation.Laihendi

one of the benefits of citizenship is access to the court system
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Abbeten"] This is great because this no doubt denies property rights to those who opt out of taxation that or it falls victim to the collective action problem

Access to the courts is why I expect most people would be willing to voluntarily pay taxes. This idea that the government has to take whatever it says it needs by force is ridiculous.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

MakeMeaSammitch

Study history....

When has voluntary taxation been tried in the US?
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Abbeten
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] How does that deny property rights to anyone?

Access to the courts is why I expect most people would be willing to voluntarily pay taxes. This idea that the government has to take whatever it says it needs by force is ridiculous.

and this doesn't seem a little...internally inconsistent to you?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Abbeten"] one of the benefits of citizenship is access to the court system

What is inconsistent?
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]People who want to vote, have the government enforce their legal contracts, etc.

Laihendi

Study history....

Taxation is voluntary in the sense you've been advocating it. Anyone who wants to can renounce their citizenship, leave the country, and not pay taxes.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]They tried that before....it kept poor, mainly black people, from voting.

Study history....

chessmaster1989

Taxation is voluntary in the sense you've been advocating it. Anyone who wants to can renounce their citizenship, leave the country, and not pay taxes.

That is not what I'm advocating at all. The government (along with everyone else) has no right to anything acquired through coercion, which means the government has no right to land, and it has no right to expel people from their own land for refusing to pay the government taxes on it.

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] When has voluntary taxation been tried in the US?Laihendi

That is not what I'm advocating at all. The government (along with everyone else) has no right to anything acquired through coercion, which means the government has no right to land, and it has no right to expel people from their own land for refusing to pay the government taxes on it.

But, allowing people to live in the same area (I'm talking about literally in the same cities etc) as your citizens creates a clear free rider problem w.r.t. military protection.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] When has voluntary taxation been tried in the US?Laihendi

It has the right to tax. It's called the 16th amendment, so legally you have to pay taxes.

You really need to do some reading. Honestly, half the crap you say is embarrassing.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] Taxation is voluntary in the sense you've been advocating it. Anyone who wants to can renounce their citizenship, leave the country, and not pay taxes.MakeMeaSammitch

It has the right to tax. It's called the 16th amendment, so legally you have to pay taxes.

You really need to do some reading. Honestly, half the crap you say is embarrassing.

:lol: Something isn't a right just because the government says it's legal. Remember antebellum slavery? Rights don't come from government; government can only be justified as a tool for protecting rights that already exist.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]That is not what I'm advocating at all. The government (along with everyone else) has no right to anything acquired through coercion, which means the government has no right to land, and it has no right to expel people from their own land for refusing to pay the government taxes on it.

Laihendi

:lol: Something isn't a right just because the government says it's legal. Remember antebellum slavery? Rights don't come from government; government can only be justified as a tool for protecting rights that already exist.

No that's how laws work. Government creates them -> government enforces them -> ??? -> Profit.

god damn you're stupid.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 coolbeans90

Lalhendi: Prove that anyone has a right to or against anything.

I mean, as long as we are talking about absolutes rights are here, we need to establish what those rights are. Do rights actually exist? How do they exist? What makes them? Do they conflict with other rights, or is there an order of prioritization?

Plz do not give me atheistic religion.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] Taxation is voluntary in the sense you've been advocating it. Anyone who wants to can renounce their citizenship, leave the country, and not pay taxes.chessmaster1989

But, allowing people to live in the same area (I'm talking about literally in the same cities etc) as your citizens creates a clear free rider problem w.r.t. military protection.

Most people (basically anyone who has some kind of property/wealth to lose) would be willing to voluntarily pay taxes for access to the court system, since people who didn't have access to it would have difficulty enforcing their claims to property ownership. It would be difficult (probably impossible) to fund a military such as what the US currently has, but the US can't afford the current level of military spending anyways.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 coolbeans90

A stateless court room.

2772052540_09191af635.jpg

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Abbeten
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Access to the courts is why I expect most people would be willing to voluntarily pay taxes. This idea that the government has to take whatever it says it needs by force is ridiculous.

What is inconsistent?

in that you're all for property rights being inherent to an individual, but you're totally fine with people steamrolling all over others that don't pay taxes, and leaving those non-taxpayers any recourse whatsoever. sounds rather...coercive
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Abbeten"] and this doesn't seem a little...internally inconsistent to you?Abbeten
What is inconsistent?

in that you're all for property rights being inherent to an individual, but you're totally fine with people steamrolling all over others that don't pay taxes, and leaving those non-taxpayers any recourse whatsoever. sounds rather...coercive

It's ok for private individuals/companies to abuse people, but government rights and taxes are wrong >_>

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]It has the right to tax. It's called the 16th amendment, so legally you have to pay taxes.

MakeMeaSammitch

No that's how laws work. Government creates them -> government enforces them -> ??? -> Profit.

god damn you're stupid.

So basically what you're saying is that Hitler had a right to murder 11 million people during the holocaust because he (the government) said he could. Yep, I must be stupid to think that's wrong. @coolbeans90: A right is a moral principle that defines and sanctions someone's freedom of action within a social context. The only fundamental right is the right to life. Life is a process of self-sustaining and self-generated action, and the right to life means the right to engage in self-sustaining and self-generated action. The concept of a right to life is a necessity for any society to exist without killing itself. Property rights exist because they are necessary for individuals to practice their right to life by sustaining themselves. Any individual who does not have a right to his means of sustaining himself can only live at the mercy of others.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 coolbeans90

So, we have now established that rights, including property rights, are a pragmatic means to an end - on which I definitely agree with property rights.

Excellent.

We can now drop the absolutism.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] :lol: Something isn't a right just because the government says it's legal. Remember antebellum slavery? Rights don't come from government; government can only be justified as a tool for protecting rights that already exist.Laihendi

god damn you're stupid.

So basically what you're saying is that Hitler had a right to murder 11 million people during the holocaust because he (the government) said he could. Yep, I must be stupid to think that's wrong. @coolbeans90: A right is a moral principle that defines and sanctions someone's freedom of action within a social context. The only fundamental right is the right to life. Life is a process of self-sustaining and self-generated action, and the right to life means the right to engage in self-sustaining and self-generated action. The concept of a right to life is a necessity for any society to exist without killing itself. Property rights exist because they are necessary for individuals to practice their right to life by sustaining themselves. Any individual who does not have a right to his means of sustaining himself can only live at the mercy of others.

It's shocking that you're this stupid. Shocking.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Abbeten"] and this doesn't seem a little...internally inconsistent to you?

What is inconsistent?

You're making it clear that you don't understand my positions. I am not fine with people stealing from those who don't pay taxes, but there are people who will steal anyways. Government is necessary to protect people from thieves, murderers, and other types of harmful people. Rights cannot be protected/enforced without a court system, a police force, and a military, and government is necessary for those things. A coercive government does not respect the rights of its constituency. It may protect people from some thieves, but that doesn't mean much considering that a coercive government is itself a thief. A coercive government is the very thing that it's supposed to be protecting people from.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Laihendi

So, we have now established that rights, including property rights, are a pragmatic means to an end - on which I definitely agree with property rights.

Excellent.

We can now drop the absolutism.

coolbeans90
Property rights is an absolute concept; you either have them or you don't. You don't just "kind of" have property rights. Coercive taxation contradicts the concept of property rights.