R-M news. Romney does not want/calls Obama to not use osama in the campaign.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Reverse-Machete
Reverse-Machete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Reverse-Machete
Member since 2012 • 97 Posts

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/05/01/national/w050417D00.DTL

So basically what I am seeing here is simple.

Obama is using the Osama victory as ownage as they would say on this site toward Mr. Mitt Romeny here. But Romney wants Obama to knock it off because that would most likely lead to an instant win, even thoug Romney has said many times, and you guys have heard it to:

"My accomplishes are more valuable/weigh more/outmatch Obamas"

But Obama can't use that.

On the other hand, if he didn't do that, then I COULD see how using it as an attack against Romney might be a bit off. But well, not now.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

Yea Republicans always try to find a way to discredit any achievements by democrats

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts
If Rudy Giuliani can use 9/11 8 years after the fact to try to gain the GOP nomination, I don't see why Obama can't use killing Bin Laden as part of his campaign.
Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts
What a pansy. If he can't beat Obama without a handicap, then he doesn't deserve to win at all.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
what does R-M stand for?
Avatar image for deactivated-58df4522915cb
deactivated-58df4522915cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 deactivated-58df4522915cb
Member since 2007 • 5527 Posts

Yea Republicans always try to find a way to discredit any achievements by democrats

BossPerson

Thats politics for ya. A democratic candidate would do the exact same thing

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

what does R-M stand for?ZumaJones07

Reverse-Machete. He's got his own news network.

Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

Neo-ganon

Pretty much. At this point you might as well not vote. Both parties are just terrible, the democratic party less so(imo) but still pretty damn bad.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZumaJones07
oh i thought it was Romney-Mitt all his topics are about him :P
Avatar image for Reverse-Machete
Reverse-Machete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Reverse-Machete
Member since 2012 • 97 Posts

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

Neo-ganon

I admit I laughed and then I laughed more when Zuma was serious. I mean, the Hypehn is even there. But it's cool.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Lmao, like he wouldn't be using it. If Romney were the incumbent he'd use it to claim waves of patriotism, and bolster his national security image.

Avatar image for jerk-o-tron2000
jerk-o-tron2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jerk-o-tron2000
Member since 2007 • 10036 Posts

Of course he doesn't.....But if the shoe were in the other foot, I'd bet a fortune that he wouldn't hesitate to use it in his campaign.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Mitt's just embarrassed that he has nothing on his resume that will make people vote for him. It's not fair. :(
-Makaveli-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Makaveli-
Member since 2003 • 10222 Posts

R-Money

Mittens' gangsta name.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

is Romney serious? He's basically saying, "Mr. President, that's quite an accomplishment so please don't use it to beat me."

While he's at it why not just give up the race entirely so it will be easier for Mitt to win?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

the most popular comment on that site said it far better than I just did.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Great, thanks Romney. Still not voting for you.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

It happened during the Obama Administration, Obama gave the go-ahead to the Navy Seals, I don't see anything wrong with this. Romney can criticize Obama for other various national security issues such as the TSA or Iran.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Sounds like someone already knows they are going to lose and asks their opponent to pull punches.
SauceKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SauceKing
Member since 2011 • 679 Posts

well i think romney is doubly mad about this, because he said he was against targeting individuals such as osama.

so the combinations of romney saying he wouldnt go after osama, and the fact that obama.. went after and killed osama... not good for old mitt.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Who cares? It's not like Obama's going to base his campaign strategy off whatever crap comes from someone who thinks that firing workers is hilarious.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Romney has a major problem - he's got nothing to attack the President with.

1. Economy/Recession? We're already out of it. New jobs added every month. Markets have rebounded. All this in less than 2 years BTW.

2. Obamcare? What's Mitt going to counter with? His own "Romneycare" plan?

3. Experience? No longer relevant.

4. Values? Last time I looked, Obama is still married and still a great father. No cigar incidents that anyone knows about.

Romney is toast. And if he's dumb enough to pick Santorum as his running mate, it'll be the biggest landslide for Obama ever.

Easports48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Easports48
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts

You are a funny guy Mitt. Just to funny.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ZumaJones07

Romney is toast. And if he's dumb enough to pick Santorum as his running mate, it'll be the biggest landslide for Obama ever.

Netherscourge
it would be funny to see them working together after trashing each other before. republicans really mucked up any chance they had at winning 2012 and they all know it deep down inside, but they are too proud to admit they are wrong. how can a republican NOT see that obama has this in the bag against romney? truly puzzling.
kabphillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kabphillie
Member since 2012 • 291 Posts

Romney is just butt-hurt because he has no foreign policy credentials, and Obama was able to take out OBL.

And for all those who might say that President Bush had a lot to do with getting OBL, Obama does give GWB some credit (see interview with Brian Williams).

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
man, the OP is the largest affront to the general population here i have ever seen and as of this post no one has noticed
Avatar image for FrKnPuertoRican
FrKnPuertoRican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FrKnPuertoRican
Member since 2003 • 3005 Posts

Yeah, Obama was spiking the football on this one, and as we all know Republicans never...

6a00d834fd7f7353ef010536ccc557970c-400wi

...errrrr never spike the football when it makes any sense (like after the mission is actually accomplished).

ShuLordLiuPei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShuLordLiuPei
Member since 2005 • 9520 Posts

Republican-Morans I think.

Avatar image for djshowstopper87
djshowstopper87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 djshowstopper87
Member since 2012 • 417 Posts

President Obama has my vote for this year regardless, Republicans have acted like entitled and racist children for a good chunk of his years in office.

emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

I would lose a lot of respect for President Obama if he tried to bring up the OBL assassination. It wasn't his trigger finger that brought him down, it wasn't has detective skills that brought him down, it wasn't his policies that brought him down, hell his diplomacy and charisma didn't even had anything to do with it. It was the CIA that found OBL and the Navy Seals that killed him, Obama just signed off on it. Sure you could say "But he had the option to say no!" to which I say, sure, just like I have the "option" to lick an electrical socket. Obama would be an idiot to say no; even if OBL posed to risk to America, Obama would still be shown as a hero to the entire western world.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

it wasn't his policies that brought him down, hell his diplomacy and charisma didn't even had anything to do with it. It was the CIA that found OBL and the Navy Seals that killed him, Obama just signed off on it. Sure you could say "But he had the option to say no!" to which I say, sure, just like I have the "option" to lick an electrical socket. Obama would be an idiot to say no; even if OBL posed to risk to America, Obama would still be shown as a hero to the entire western world.

emorainbo
So much wrong with this post. Obama didn't just "sign off" on it. This was a mission conducted in a foreign country without the consent from the corrupt Pakistani government (something that Obama said he would do if necessary and was criticized for this position by Romney himself). Not only that but it was far from a foregone conclusion that Osama was actually living in the compound.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

I would lose a lot of respect for President Obama if he tried to bring up the OBL assassination. It wasn't his trigger finger that brought him down, it wasn't has detective skills that brought him down, it wasn't his policies that brought him down, hell his diplomacy and charisma didn't even had anything to do with it. It was the CIA that found OBL and the Navy Seals that killed him, Obama just signed off on it. Sure you could say "But he had the option to say no!" to which I say, sure, just like I have the "option" to lick an electrical socket. Obama would be an idiot to say no; even if OBL posed to risk to America, Obama would still be shown as a hero to the entire western world.

emorainbo
Yeah I guess this would make sense if you actually didn't know what your talking about, the actual commercial and his speechs about it pretty much thank the seal team, and every body in between him and the seal team it took to take OBL down.. And I wouldn't personally do this, but the Republicans in 2004 basically based almost their entire campaign around this.. Its hypocrisy..
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

It's kind of odd that the left would be promoting the take down of Osama as a good thing. I would think they would be decrying the human rights issues and portraying this as an assasination. You'd think they would say Osama was wronged by not getting a trial. Funny that the right is trying to belittle it. Odd times.

emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

[QUOTE="emorainbo"]

sSubZerOo

Yeah I guess this would make sense if you actually didn't know what your talking about, the actual commercial and his speechs about it pretty much thank the seal team, and every body in between him and the seal team it took to take OBL down.. And I wouldn't personally do this, but the Republicans in 2004 basically based almost their entire campaign around this.. Its hypocrisy..

I WOULD lose respect, key word: WOULD. I'm just saying its a weak point for him to stand on and although this is not Romney's reasoning, I still think he has a point.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

reminds me of the Charlie sheens *cows* making up rules to win.