LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Cracked posted a wonderful article about his suicide. Hopefully this brings more awareness to depression. Personally, after reading that and an article they link to in that article, I am really questioning just how mentally healthy I am at the moment...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

@indzman said:

One of the best comedy actors RIP. Why did he commit suicide ? He was a established actor , its not that he was struggling to get roles or went bankrupt ? Any news on the cause ? Loved him in Mrs Doubtfire sooo much.

Not to get too much OT, but anyone that emits his kind of energy and enthusiasm I suspect probably had Bipolar. It's confirmed he suffered from depression, and Bipolar seems like a glove fit for his type of personality. He also fought addiction throughout his years which is a fairly common problem for manics.

Shouldn't assume. According to interviews he did...he did get depressed sometimes. The mania was his act....not a condition. Though he was not diagnosed with clinical depression at the time of the interview anyway. No clue on whether that changed or not. Per Robin Williams anyway.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#103  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Master_Live

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^From Good Morning America Tweeter feed:

"Robin Williams fans turned the "Good Will Hunting" bench in Boston into a touching tribute"

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#105 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@Master_Live: Aww, that's nice =)

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

EDIT: Whoops, someone already posted it.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Saw the news about it before I went to work this morning, apparantly so did everybody else there. Never experienced a workplace being so gloom before.

This news hit hard for many.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

RIP, this makes me sad; and I'll be sure to watch a movie in his name.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#109 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Apparently he hung himself with a belt

via CNN

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Master_Live

@Nuck81 said:

Apparently he hung himself with a belt

via CNN

wow

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

For those interested, Marc Maron has reposted his 2010 podcast interview with Robin Williams. It is a rather candid conversation in which Williams talks about his career and battles with depression and substance abuse, and at one point his thoughts of suicide.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#112 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Cracked posted a wonderful article about his suicide. Hopefully this brings more awareness to depression. Personally, after reading that and an article they link to in that article, I am really questioning just how mentally healthy I am at the moment...

Holy crap that's a good article. Really opens my eyes.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#113 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Definitely unexpected, about Sunday or Monday I was thinking why we don't see him in many movies as he was one of favourite actors/comedians, in fact I guess I got thinking about it because I missed him. :(

This just put me over the edge, I was at work when I heard and I'm upset now. I'll probably not watch another of his movies for a while now.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 foxhound_fox

@JohnF111 said:

Definitely unexpected, about Sunday or Monday I was thinking why we don't see him in many movies as he was one of favourite actors/comedians, in fact I guess I got thinking about it because I missed him. :(

This just put me over the edge, I was at work when I heard and I'm upset now. I'll probably not watch another of his movies for a while now.

My girlfriend and I are planning a multi-day movie marathon. The best way to celebrate the life of an actor/actress who died is to watch what they've done. It'll probably be emotional, but that's the point.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

Such horrible news, I grew up watching him on Mork and Mindy and many other successful ventures. Rest in Peace, you will always be remembered!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Not to get too much OT, but anyone that emits his kind of energy and enthusiasm I suspect probably had Bipolar. It's confirmed he suffered from depression, and Bipolar seems like a glove fit for his type of personality. He also fought addiction throughout his years which is a fairly common problem for manics.

Shouldn't assume. According to interviews he did...he did get depressed sometimes. The mania was his act....not a condition. Though he was not diagnosed with clinical depression at the time of the interview anyway. No clue on whether that changed or not. Per Robin Williams anyway.

Eh, I don't like to make them, but I think it's a pretty safe assumption to make at this point. He's been suspected of being so for a long time. If I were betting on it I'd say he was manic as while you're right, it is an assumption, his behavior, his battle with addiction, and ultimately his suicide (if that's what it turns out to be)....is evidence. Bipolar I and II are a demographic highly susceptible to suicide, more so than general depression.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#118  Edited By TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

It's quite a shame. I remember watching some of his movies back in the day.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#119 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

"Oh Captain, my Captain!"

Loading Video...

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#120  Edited By Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

You should all watch this video from 36:13 onward; Stefan explains how misandry led Robin to commit suicide. He reasons that the thirty five million dollars that Robin lost as a result of being divorced three times and the subsequent alimony payments worked him to death.

Loading Video...

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Press release from Williams' wife confirming his battles with depression and anxiety and (to make this whole situation even sadder) that he was battling the early signs of Parkinson's...

"Robin spent so much of his life helping others. Whether he was entertaining millions on stage, film or television, our troops on the frontlines, or comforting a sick child -- Robin wanted us to laugh and to feel less afraid.

Since his passing, all of us who loved Robin have found some solace in the tremendous outpouring of affection and admiration for him from the millions of people whose lives he touched. His greatest legacy, besides his three children, is the joy and happiness he offered to others, particularly to those fighting personal battles.

Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly.

It is our hope in the wake of Robin’s tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid."

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Apparently having to do a new Ms. Doubtfire movie brought him one step closer to the straw that broke the camel's back...

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

Well, as if his death and his daughter being bullied by the Twitter despoilers weren't bad enough, there's worse news: The Westboro Baptist Church is prepared to picket his funeral for his role in Mrs. Doubtfire and The Birdcage! I say: GTFO, WBC!!!

Story

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

@magicalclick said:

Why was he depressed? Is this a typical problem of entertainers?

Probably because of the Parkinson's too, I'd off myself as well than go through with that. RIP

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#125 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@emil_fontz said:

You should all watch this video from 36:13 onward; Stefan explains how misandry led Robin to commit suicide. He reasons that the thirty five million dollars that Robin lost as a result of being divorced three times and the subsequent alimony payments worked him to death.

Loading Video...

Is this the same guy that doesn't believe mental illness exists? I could've sworn I saw a video from him on this.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 foxhound_fox

I heard about the Parkinson's thing this morning. Seeing people go through that slow, agonizing degradation of their body's systems is heartbreaking. I can't imagine someone like Robin handling that kind of news well. I know I wouldn't. I want to experience life with a clear mind and functioning body. Anything short of that (i.e. Alzheimer's) scares me senseless. I'd rather die jumping out of a plane without a parachute, with all my faculties intact, than go through an agonizingly slow, complete degradation of who I am.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

@angeldeb82 said:

Well, as if his death and his daughter being bullied by the Twitter despoilers weren't bad enough, there's worse news: The Westboro Baptist Church is prepared to picket his funeral for his role in Mrs. Doubtfire and The Birdcage! I say: GTFO, WBC!!!

Story

Hah, they can try.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 angeldeb82

@Shottayouth13- said:

@angeldeb82 said:

Story

Hah, they can try.

Well, here's a comedian's response to this:

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/169055-comedian-hilariously-rips-apart-westboro-baptist-churchs-plans-raid-robin-williams-funeral/

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#130 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Very sad

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 angeldeb82

Apparently the WBC are unaware that Robin had already been cremated and his ashes scattered in the San Francisco Bay a day after his death. So much for attempting to picket his funeral, then.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20140821/b571416/