Remember Our Troops Including Our Friends Overseas This Memorial Day. Sign here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Curzad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Curzad
Member since 2008 • 486 Posts

Jason W. Navy Corpsman USN served in the first Gulf War.

Keep them all in mind this Memorial Day.

adv_tr00per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 adv_tr00per
Member since 2006 • 2589 Posts

I don't support war at all, but that doesn't mean I can't respect the troops.

bruinfan617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bruinfan617
Member since 2010 • 3767 Posts

May troops all around the world be remembered.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
I'll be remembering my father this Memorial Day. Also Lance Corporal Norman Anderson, a bright, brave, very nice young man killed in Iraq in 2005.
UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UbiquitousAeon
Member since 2010 • 2099 Posts

I don't know any of the troops. I wish that everyone said NO to going in the first place.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Engrish_Major

I don't know any of the troops. I wish that everyone said NO to going in the first place.

UbiquitousAeon
Our troops do their jobs to the best of their ability regardless of the politics of the situation.
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
I'll be remembering my uncle this Memorial day, he served in the Air Force.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
[QUOTE="UbiquitousAeon"]

Engrish_Major
Our troops do their jobs to the best of their ability regardless of the politics of the situation.

Exactly. The troops go where they're told and do what they're told. Not all troops agree with the politics behind the wars.
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

Yep, you always got to respect the troops, no matter what the situation is. If you want to disagree, argue against the ones that sent them to war in the first place.

UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UbiquitousAeon
[QUOTE="UbiquitousAeon"]

Engrish_Major

I'm sure they do. As they are told to do so, just like the people on the other side are told to do as well, fighting for... well, I'm not even sure for what. All of these problems can be solved without this mindless killing. It's a shame that so many succumb to this primordial weakness.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Engrish_Major
I'm sure they do. As they are told to do so, just like the people on the other side are told to do as well, fighting for... well, I'm not even sure for what. All of these problems can be solved without this mindless killing. It's a shame that so many succumb to this primordial weakness. UbiquitousAeon
Yes, but this thread, nor any Memorial Day service, is not the place for this.
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 taj7575

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="UbiquitousAeon"]

jalexbrown

Exactly. The troops go where they're told and do what they're told. Not all troops agree with the politics behind the wars.

Best example of that is Vietnam. I talked to a few Veterans earlier this year, and although the disagreed with almost eveything that was going on, they still did their job.

It was a bit sad how the Vietnam veterans were treated when they came home though..But we learned from that. Agree or disagree with whats going on, I think most people respect the troops.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

I have several friends serving overseas right now. I hope all of them as well as all the other troops come home safe.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="taj7575"]

It was a bit sad how the Vietnam veterans were treated when they came home though..But we learned from that. Agree or disagree with whats going on, I think most people respect the troops.

That is true. WW2 vets came home as heroes. Vietnam vets, on the other hand, though they performed just as admirably, returned to a bitter, cold country. At least now, most war protests focus on the politicians and not the service members. Though I have seen some Code Pink members vandalize a recruiting office a couple blocks from me.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] Our troops do their jobs to the best of their ability regardless of the politics of the situation.taj7575

Best example of that is Vietnam. I talked to a few Veterans earlier this year, and although the disagreed with almost eveything that was going on, they still did their job.

I don't necessarily think that I know of any reason for us to have been involved in Vietnam, but it really pisses me off the way the veterans were treated when they returned. In my mind the veterans are heroes regardless of which cause they fought or died for.
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 taj7575

[QUOTE="taj7575"]

Engrish_Major

That is true. WW2 vets came home as heroes. Vietnam vets, on the other hand, though they performed just as admirably, returned to a bitter, cold country. At least now, most war protests focus on the politicians and not the service members. Though I have seen some Code Pink members vandalize a recruiting office a couple blocks from me.

Indeed. Like my teacher said before, their fathers came back as heroes, and they came back to be known as baby killers. Thats why many of them suffered PTSD and other sorts of problems. I still find it stupid that a name won't go on the wall if that soldier commited suicide after coming home.

Oh, and vandalizing a draft office in the 60's-70's? Okay, makes a bit of sence.

But a recruiting office? Why? :?

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 taj7575

[QUOTE="taj7575"]

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"] Exactly. The troops go where they're told and do what they're told. Not all troops agree with the politics behind the wars.jalexbrown

I don't necessarily think that I know of any reason for us to have been involved in Vietnam, but it really pisses me off the way the veterans were treated when they returned. In my mind the veterans are heroes regardless of which cause they fought or died for.

Not to mention they were just doing what they were told to..And many were recruited.

I actually talked to a Veteran of the My Lai Massacre..It's a lot different when you hear it from their prespective, their mindset, and what they were told to do.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23248 Posts

I will remember you all! Don't let the inevitable liberals come in and dampen your spirits though!... Ah I guess I've been a bit too late with that.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Espada12

UbiquitousAeon

Can I ask you a question.. why would you come in this thread to post this? Why? Seriously... what do you get from it?

sonicare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 sonicare
Member since 2004 • 57457 Posts

To my 4 great uncles who served in WW2 and all made it back.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Engrish_Major

sonicare
I'm sure they have some incredible stories.
sonicare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 sonicare
Member since 2004 • 57457 Posts
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

Yeah. One of them was a bomber pilot, one was a bombadier on a bomber, and another was I believe a gunner. The pilot smuggled his 2 brothers onto the bomber with him - because after the sullivan brothers all died on the same boat, you weren't supposed to serve with fellow siblings. But my one uncle figured, I'd rather have them flying with me than some other person.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Espada12

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

sonicare

Yeah. One of them was a bomber pilot, one was a bombadier on a bomber, and another was I believe a gunner. The pilot smuggled his 2 brothers onto the bomber with him - because after the sullivan brothers all died on the same boat, you weren't supposed to serve with fellow siblings. But my one uncle figured, I'd rather have them flying with me than some other person.

That sounds pretty cool. Glad they all got out. My grand parents were survivors of the japanese massacres in china, my grand mother told me horrific stories about bodies flowing down the river daily ... was pretty terrible.. so they fled to this island.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

My uncle is currently in the military, he's supposed to be coming home very very soon.

UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 UbiquitousAeon

[QUOTE="UbiquitousAeon"]

Espada12

Can I ask you a question.. why would you come in this thread to post this? Why? Seriously... what do you get from it?

I didn't mean to piss on your parade. I was just discussing how I feel about volunteering.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="UbiquitousAeon"]

Espada12

I don't exactly see what he said that was offensive. He did not disrespect or insult anyone, he simply said he wishes all the troops had said no to going to these wars. I can agree somewhat.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="UbiquitousAeon"]

Pixel-Pirate

I don't exactly see what he said that was offensive. He did not disrespect or insult anyone, he simply said he wishes all the troops had said no to going to these wars. I can agree somewhat.

It's not a matter of offensive, wrong place and wrong time to discuss that.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Best, most meaningful post I will make all day Thank you to all the troops serving here and abroad. -a special shout-out to all those that log in here regularly
UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UbiquitousAeon

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

If you say so, master.
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
Best wishes to all the soldiers and may they all come home safe. :)
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

I'd say a discussion forum is a good place to discuss.

GHlegend77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 GHlegend77
Member since 2009 • 10328 Posts
That poor dog, killed by soldiers.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

I don't have anyone to sign for...well, my grandfathers..and great uncle i think...anyways...i support our troops and i'm thankful to them for giving up their time and in some cases lives..to keep the USA free and the rest of us safe...

MM555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MM555
Member since 2006 • 1539 Posts
Thank you to all our troops serving overseas. While people may not agree with the wars I would like to point out from my observations the VAST majority of people support you. You are heros to us all and you will come back as such :D
airshocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 airshocker
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

SSgt Mike Monroe, USAF Security Forces with two tours in Iraq.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rawsavon

SSgt Mike Monroe, USAF Security Forces with two tours in Iraq.

airshocker
level 1 -did you get in some serious **** here or what :?
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36303 Posts
Yah we have a flag with a mourning bow, does anyone know how to fly a flag with D-rings (vertical) on a flagpole? It doesn't have the needed sleeve on the edge to slip the flagpole through.....
airshocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 airshocker

level 1 -did you get in some serious **** here or what :?rawsavon

It's a tech problem, or something, Not too worried. =]

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]level 1 -did you get in some serious **** here or what :?airshocker

It's a tech problem, or something, Not too worried. =]

That's good. It seemed as if it was one step before banning I wonder if you have the same limitations as other level 1 users (posts per hour limit, can't post pics, etc)
airshocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 airshocker

That's good. It seemed as if it was one step before banning I wonder if you have the same limitations as other level 1 users (posts per hour limit, can't post pics, etc)rawsavon

Hmm, no idea actually. Haven't tried posting a picture today. When it becomes a problem I'll go cry about it in the tech support forum. :P

xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xhellcatx
Member since 2006 • 9015 Posts
To both my grandfathers, one served in the army under Patton, and the other in the Navy. One lost a leg during Battle of the Bulge. And my cousins who serve, and my ex husband... *sighs* hes still a vet. So there is an amount of respect... in a different way. ... They're just doing what they're told.