**** reddit?? wtf???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

Will someone please explain that **** site to me. I know its like a forum site but its confusing to me. I click refresh and then again five seconds later and I guess people posted a zillion more things cause all the posts are different. Same goes for reddit. Not only these things but the posts are absolutely bizarre lol, it just gets really weird sometimes.

Its not letting me type it but I mean four chan.

jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

They're just really active sites.

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts
1st: no one understands 4---- (the site that shall not be named.) You could spend your life there and you'd never understand how it's society works so go with the flow. 2nd: don't use reddit at all. It's not a fun place to frequent.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lo_Pine

jessmaster13
Its freakin chaotic I don't know why anyone would want to participate in that.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fundai
[QUOTE="jessmaster13"]

lo_Pine

Welcome to the Internet. You'll never escape. Ever.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="Fundai"]1st: no one understands 4---- (the site that shall not be named.) You could spend your life there and you'd never understand how it's society works so go with the flow. 2nd: don't use reddit at all. It's not a fun place to frequent.

And why "shall it not be named"? lol why won't gamespot let you type it?
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="jessmaster13"]

Fundai

Welcome to the Internet. You'll never escape. Ever.

Indeed, but those sites are the zenith of the insanity that is the Internet.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fundai
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Fundai"]1st: no one understands 4---- (the site that shall not be named.) You could spend your life there and you'd never understand how it's society works so go with the flow. 2nd: don't use reddit at all. It's not a fun place to frequent.

To paraphrase the line mods like to use; linking material from that site will get one banned.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="Fundai"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Fundai"]1st: no one understands 4---- (the site that shall not be named.) You could spend your life there and you'd never understand how it's society works so go with the flow. 2nd: don't use reddit at all. It's not a fun place to frequent.

To paraphrase the line mods like to use; linking material from that site will get one banned.

I see... I haven't really checked reddit out that much but its a cleaner site I assume?
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
The sites are just that active and there is a lot of weird stuff on the internet.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fundai
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Fundai"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] And why "shall it not be named"? lol why won't gamespot let you type it?

I see... I haven't really checked reddit out that much but its a cleaner site I assume?

Yes. There are some sub reddits that can get bad, but none reach the sheer chaos of /b/.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
reddit sucks it's a bunch of tryhards who think they r smart oh and none of them play hardcore fps like quake live all noob gamers who play crap games like minecraft
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#14 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Fundai"]1st: no one understands 4---- (the site that shall not be named.) You could spend your life there and you'd never understand how it's society works so go with the flow. 2nd: don't use reddit at all. It's not a fun place to frequent.

lets just say that site and gamespot have crossed paths before, in an unfriendly way. as for that site...it really isnt that bad, solid material sometimes, just need to know where to look, that site is not only THAT section, there are plenty of sections that are not as "chaotic". also there are certain "codes" you can use to be redirected to a thread you post to, just put noko where it says email while posting, you'll be redirected to the thread so you wont lose it.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fundai
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]reddit sucks it's a bunch of tryhards who think they r smart oh and none of them play hardcore fps like quake live all noob gamers who play crap games like minecraft

I can agree with dissing Reddit, but don't dare diss minecraft. Why your obsession with FPS anyhow? I swear that's almost all I see you talk about, even in ot.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#16 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]reddit sucks it's a bunch of tryhards who think they r smart oh and none of them play hardcore fps like quake live all noob gamers who play crap games like minecraft

I like to laugh at reddit actually...at them, not with them. those guys are the pawns of THAT site and they think its the opposite way :lol:
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 judog1

True that. Minecraft references galore. I have a feeling they are more into the Team Fortress 2 scene.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fundai

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]reddit sucks it's a bunch of tryhards who think they r smart oh and none of them play hardcore fps like quake live all noob gamers who play crap games like minecraftjudog1
True that. Minecraft references galore. I have a feeling they are more into the Team Fortress 2 scene.

I love tf2 and Minecraft but hate Reddit. Kinda because they have an obsession with hating Funnyjunk... But also because I just don't enjoy the time I spend on reddit...

I'd rather go to a site like funnyjunk where I can just have some laughs without having some uppity hipster in my face.

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 judog1
[QUOTE="Fundai"][QUOTE="judog1"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]reddit sucks it's a bunch of tryhards who think they r smart oh and none of them play hardcore fps like quake live all noob gamers who play crap games like minecraft

I love tf2 and Minecraft but hate Reddit. Kinda because they have an obsession with hating Funnyjunk... But also because I just don't enjoy the time I spend there.

I enjoy TF2. I like browsing Reddit...it gets better once you get into specific subreddits though. There are some people there that just post to get attention. I have found some amazing stuff on there though.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fundai
[QUOTE="judog1"][QUOTE="Fundai"][QUOTE="judog1"] True that. Minecraft references galore. I have a feeling they are more into the Team Fortress 2 scene.

I love tf2 and Minecraft but hate Reddit. Kinda because they have an obsession with hating Funnyjunk... But also because I just don't enjoy the time I spend there.

I enjoy TF2. I like browsing Reddit...it gets better once you get into specific subreddits though. There are some people there that just post to get attention. I have found some amazing stuff on there though.

Yeah I've heard the subreddits can be good... I've just never really felt compelled to delve into that site.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

[QUOTE="judog1"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]reddit sucks it's a bunch of tryhards who think they r smart oh and none of them play hardcore fps like quake live all noob gamers who play crap games like minecraftFundai

I love tf2 and Minecraft but hate Reddit. Kinda because they have an obsession with hating Funnyjunk... But also because I just don't enjoy the time I spend on reddit...

I'd rather go to a site like funnyjunk where I can just have some laughs without having some uppity hipster in my face.

They're good for some things. Their funny, politics and atheism sections are pretty lame for the most part though. r/funny sometimes finds good things but if you go on THAT site you can already see most of the content they get. As for that site it's self it turns out a decent amount of originality. It's like an uncensored microcosm of reality. Creative people make something and the rest of the community runs it into the ground because they're idiots.
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 judog1
[QUOTE="Fundai"][QUOTE="judog1"][QUOTE="Fundai"] I love tf2 and Minecraft but hate Reddit. Kinda because they have an obsession with hating Funnyjunk... But also because I just don't enjoy the time I spend there.

Yeah I've heard the subreddits can be good... I've just never really felt compelled to delve into that site.

Finding good subreddits takes time...it's not to clear what subreddits exist.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]reddit sucks it's a bunch of tryhards who think they r smart

you just described every site on the internet
PerfectCircles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#24 PerfectCircles
Member since 2009 • 2359 Posts
I love reddit, once you get a good set of subreddits built up you can find some really interesting relevant stuff. The community can be a little annoying since they're so pleased with themselves for being redditors, but I just try to ignore the comments for the most part and focus on the content.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
looks like myspace
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
also there are certain "codes" you can use to be redirected to a thread you post to, just put noko where it says email while posting, you'll be redirected to the thread so you wont lose it.lightleggy
He doesn't need to know how to noko because he should lurk there until he knows what he's doing. In fact it's probably not going to be interesting to you until you have been there a while. Otherwise most of the jokes will just fly straight over your head. Lurk moar. Reddit is s*** due to the types of people that post there and only very occasionally entertaining. I do have a soft spot for MFA (male fashion advice) though. Only because it is hilarious how little they know about fashion and some of the pictures they post are priceless. Other than that it sucks.
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
Reddit is an extremely active website that has subreddits for just about everything, SFW and NSFW, so you can tailor your experience to your liking however you please. It's just a place for people to congregate and share things that they found interesting while browsing the internet in one central hangout, so to speak. I frequent a few subreddits that interest me. The only downside is that it seems to be a magnet for terribly executed memes. I mean really, really bad memes. :P
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
[QUOTE="CaptainAhab13"]Reddit is an extremely active website that has subreddits for just about everything, SFW and NSFW, so you can tailor your experience to your liking however you please. It's just a place for people to congregate and share things that they found interesting while browsing the internet in one central hangout, so to speak. I frequent a few subreddits that interest me. The only downside is that it seems to be a magnet for terribly executed memes. I mean really, really bad memes. :P

i think this is appropriate
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
^ I posted a version of that with 9gag and FJ and something else in it I think... anyway it was apparently offensive and got deleted lol
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

basically a higher intellectual version of fourChan Tho redditors never want to admit how true it is.

Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Fundai"] To paraphrase the line mods like to use; linking material from that site will get one banned.Fundai

Yes. There are some sub reddits that can get bad, but none reach the sheer chaos of /b/.

/r/spaced*cks

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

[QUOTE="Fundai"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] I see... I haven't really checked reddit out that much but its a cleaner site I assume? ChampionoChumps

/r/spaced*cks

Yeah, I'd say that's the worst.
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="Fundai"]1st: no one understands 4---- (the site that shall not be named.) You could spend your life there and you'd never understand how it's society works so go with the flow. 2nd: don't use reddit at all. It's not a fun place to frequent.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
You looks at stuff and comment ot you submit links or texts. Most addicting site ever, for me,
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Reddit isn't a pleasant site to look at. It looks incredibly disorganized with crap everywhere. It's still better than chan though.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
And why "shall it not be named"? lol why won't gamespot let you type it?lo_Pine
Because it's full of horrible things, considering you have to be 13 to join Gamespot it should be censored.
c0kemusheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 c0kemusheen
Member since 2012 • 90 Posts

I used to browse reddit quite frequently, but the sheer amount of ignorant anti-American retoric on that site is disgusting. There's only so many 9/11 jokes and "lol stupid fat dummm amerikkkans" i can take...some of the subreddits are good tho.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lo_Pine
Reddit isn't a pleasant site to look at. It looks incredibly disorganized with crap everywhere. It's still better than chan though. Ghost_702
Thats the main reason why I don't like either site they are so cluttered it makes it seem even crazier.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

1st: no one understands 4---- (the site that shall not be named.) You could spend your life there and you'd never understand how it's society works so go with the flow. 2nd: don't use reddit at all. It's not a fun place to frequent.Fundai
i sort of enjoy reddit. i mainly lurk and rarely ever post, but i see some funny and interesting pictures on it.