Reddit should be called Juno. After that annoying character Ellen Page played.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Talking the Juno movie where that know it all girl is the worst, everyone talks and posts as if they are her, or inspiring to be like her.

Everyday its the most dumbest shit that people obsess over. Not even talking games, but everyone always trying to be clever, as if everyone is trying to be the most annoying person possible.

Talking, top comments are puns, where 20 people post to it with their own follow up puns. And its all that grade school myspace type of dumb games people play, like digging up the most useless facts possible, or spending 2 seconds reposting the same old shit.

But it's also how everyone always trying to solve everything cause shocker they know it all, and it blows my mind how offended people are when someone says something wrong. I want to say its a SJW or histper thing, but it isn't specific subreddits, it seems to be all of them, whether sports, games, movies, etc.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#3  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Nice rant.

Not quite sure what's here to discuss, though, and it could start a ruckus and end in a thread locking.

Ah well, guess we'll see. *Readies popcorn.*

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@saltslasher said:

Talking the Juno movie where that know it all girl is the worst, everyone talks and posts as if they are her, or inspiring to be like her.

Everyday its the most dumbest shit that people obsess over. Not even talking games, but everyone always trying to be clever, as if everyone is trying to be the most annoying person possible.

Talking, top comments are puns, where 20 people post to it with their own follow up puns. And its all that grade school myspace type of dumb games people play, like digging up the most useless facts possible, or spending 2 seconds reposting the same old shit.

But it's also how everyone always trying to solve everything cause shocker they know it all, and it blows my mind how offended people are when someone says something wrong. I want to say its a SJW or histper thing, but it isn't specific subreddits, it seems to be all of them, whether sports, games, movies, etc.

Social media exposes how dumb people are and I'm afraid there is no coming back it's like we all been a exposed to toxic chemicals that will never come off.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

i don't get your reference.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

@comp_atkins: There was this movie called Juno, and the girl in plays a sort of smart ass know it all who's too cool for everyone. Think a sort of SJW hipster who knows everything about movies/music/etc. and everything is like a sarcastic teen.

Example, people are obsessed with this thing Lebron James does, called Taco Tuesday, its the most embarrassing dad stuff ever, type of thing 20 years ago, your kid would get beat up for you doing. Reddit eats this shit up, and someone went and looked up all his games to see if he plays another player named Tacko on Tuesdays. Which to me, is the same as owning a hamburger phone, like the level of sarcasm has its own life.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Tried it a few times very active specific stuff, but by god the visual layout is horrible, like jumping back to the early 2000's.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@saltslasher said:

@comp_atkins: ...this thing Lebron James does, called Taco Tuesday, its the most embarrassing dad stuff ever, type of thing 20 years ago, your kid would get beat up for you doing...

What's wrong with Taco Tuesday?

I mean, this is almost a weekly holiday thing in the US. People go down to their favorite pub and drink beers and eat cheap yet wholesome tacos.

But yeah Juno was pretty bad, it taught people to be judgmental about others when they're judgmental of you. Sort of sends the wrong message.

"Hey, look at the pregnant teenager. Shame!"

"Oh yeah, well, *insert hipster music reference*"

"I don't know what that means, preggo"

"That's right, you don't" and then walks off like she won the battle.

A better teenage pregnancy movie was Saved, and that was also pretty bad. And preachy...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts
@saltslasher said:

@comp_atkins: There was this movie called Juno, and the girl in plays a sort of smart ass know it all who's too cool for everyone. Think a sort of SJW hipster who knows everything about movies/music/etc. and everything is like a sarcastic teen.

Example, people are obsessed with this thing Lebron James does, called Taco Tuesday, its the most embarrassing dad stuff ever, type of thing 20 years ago, your kid would get beat up for you doing. Reddit eats this shit up, and someone went and looked up all his games to see if he plays another player named Tacko on Tuesdays. Which to me, is the same as owning a hamburger phone, like the level of sarcasm has its own life.

meh. i don't know what to tell you. i'm assuming you can avoid things in your life that piss you off.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I think it's name is very appropriate. It's where you read it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

I was gonna say all of internet, but picked Reddit, but was gonna add Twitter and Facebook.

If people still don't get this sarcastic society:

Perfect Example: The "Storm Area 51" sarcasm, that people took it so serious that they doing a festival, and dozens of companies have done posts about how they'll give aliens free shit, etc. You name it, there been countless things that have come of this.

This is nationwide level of sarcasm that just needs to end. People and their troll like nature think its cool that something stupid lead to such an event, I think its same culture that lead to Trump being the president. A sarcastic society wanted a sarcastic president.

gamertylers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamertylers
Member since 2005 • 1977 Posts

Have you considered only viewing subs that have more substance? There's something for everyone if you take the time to look. r/all may represent the majority, but certainly not the whole.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I only end up at reddit via a search for a problem I have. Seems okay for that.