Title says it all!
Would appreciate any recommendations you have. I'm not the biggest anime fan, but it's something I can enjoy :D And there is a metric crap-ton of it on streaming services, it seems.
To give you some idea, a lot of Anime I've enjoyed in the past is either really cute and sweet, or totally screwed up.
- Every Studio Ghibli film I've seen:
- Princess Mononoke
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Howl's Moving Castle
- Spirited Away
- Elfen Lied: the violence was entertaining, and I sort of enjoyed the whole dual-personality aspect of it, sort of how these people love this young girl who has done horrible things.
- Ninja Scroll: what can I say, I enjoy some ****ed up stuff.
- Kill la Kill: I enjoyed the very self-aware, self-deprecating humor of how it more or less pokes fun at itself and anime in general. It got a little old, though, after a while.
- One Punch Man: probably the funniest anime I've seen in my life.
- Castlevania: it was a short series but I enjoyed it for the most part.
- Honorable mentions: non-anime but sort of like anime, and other mature animation:
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Avatar: Legend of Korra
- Most of the DC animated films
- Justice League/Justice League unlimited
Hope that helps. Thank you! :D
*thread title updated to clarify this is an "or" option