Re-adjusting to Reality

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

i was mindlessly going along my way when a sudden notion struck me, that everything tom cruise said could be right, and i was merely a by-product of his personal universe

i was left dazed, and it took me minutes before i recovered

so what was your last mind-blowing moment, and what effect did it have on your continued behaviour?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58911 Posts

@BiancaDK: well, it was a few months ago, but I got off my medication (for depression and social anxiety), and I started feeling feelings again. One of my first "realizations" is that I don't like a lot of people. I mean, I love humanity, but after a childhood of pretending to be happy, an early adulthood of being medicated, I didn't really frame things in a critical perspective.

Not sure if that makes sense, but I was hanging out with a "friend" and after listening to him talk, make stupid jokes, and talk about how much he reads and how going to college is lame, I was like "Wow, I don't like this person very much". Really put a damper on the rest of the night, but at the same time it felt good to actually feel that way instead of just convincing myself this douche is just "different".

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Just yesterday at work there was a conversation about pay increases. It hit me that everyone - including newer workers and lousy workers - could now be getting paid about the same amount that I get paid. I have no way of knowing for sure, and people could be lying about making more than they are actually making. But the revelation bothers me. It has seemed for a while now that every time I get some sort of raise, shortly after everyone else catches right up to me somehow. Right now I feel like recent laws catering to people who complain about the minimum wage are to blame.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

I think for me it was how I can project my negative emotions/feelings onto God, and feel so much better for it.

Likewise, it doesn't actually have to be God; it could be a plethora of different things. Point being, it is so relieving for me to just project my own problems, when they become too much to bear, on something else, and also, not to dump them out on an unsuspecting friend.

:P

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

When I realized anything could happen but at the same time nothing could happen.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@BiancaDK said:

i was mindlessly going along my way when a sudden notion struck me, that everything tom cruise said could be right, and i was merely a by-product of his personal universe

i was left dazed, and it took me minutes before i recovered

so what was your last mind-blowing moment, and what effect did it have on your continued behaviour?

In a way he's right in that there is no universal 'now', every single person exeriences there own 'now' unique to them even when doin the same thing in the same place at the same time.

In a way there isnt even really a reality as such, the particles that make up everything simply pop into existence randomly for a period then disappear again from existance. The particles that make up everything dont really have a position until they're observed and measured and then theyre position is whatever you make it, once you've finished they go back to not having a position at all only a likely probability of where they could be.

The particles everything including us are made from can be in many different places at the same time so as everything is made from these particles everything is in many different places simultaneously and we only appear in this 'reality' when we're observed by the universe.

It sounds completely ludicrous but in a sense the world outside really doesnt exist until you look at it.

You really have to LOVE quantum physics lol.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

Sometime ago, when I read 'Mind and Motion' by G.J Romanes. It was an 'A-HA!' moment. Fortunately, I could easily fit his theories into reality.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

I took a huge dump this morning. I had to allow myself to recover after such a feat.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Whenever I read an article on RT.com (the Russia Today website) after spending time at CNN.com or BBC.co.uk, I feel as though I've just returned to reality.