Rapper Cardi B under fire for claiming she drugged and robbed men while she was an exotic dancer

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Link

Prior to becoming a rapper, Cardi B participated in other activities to support herself financially, to include her most famous previous occupation as a stripper. During a video, she claimed that before she became famous, in order to survive she would invite men expecting to have sexual intercourse with her to rooms and would then drug and rob them.

Condemnation has been pretty swift, with the hashtag #survivingcardib trending, a play on the special Surviving R. Kelly that aired earlier this year and resulted in the R&B artist being arrested for having sex with underage girls. A lesser known hashtag of #CosbyB is also making its rounds.

She is also being defended as well, although many of the people defending her are stating that they wouldn't do the same thing if it was a man claiming to drug women to rob them, and them reminding her defenders that Bill Cosby is in prison right now for drugging women and taking advantage of them (although in Cardi's case she is accused of robbing them instead of raping them).

She also defended herself with this tweet:

The top comments under the tweet are memes showing her drugging people and comparing her to Bill Cosby.

What do you think is going to happen? Will she get past this or is her career even more gone than Roseanne's career? Should she face time behind bars if victims come forward and can prove she drugged and robbed them?

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

I wouldn’t apologize for shit, especially for making a living while coming up in abject poverty, and especially to a bunch of privileged middle class white people.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

This is what happens when you elevate trash to celebrity status and expect them to be of high moral value.

Choose your heros wisely. This ain’t one of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

I wouldn’t apologize for shit, especially for making a living while coming up in abject poverty, and especially to a bunch of privileged middle class white people.

Maybe just work a shitty min wage job like the rest of us and not you know, DRUG and ROB people. Jesus Christ what kind of preposterous race baiting garbage are you trying to sell?

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

Don't drug people. End of story. This is not a morally complex topic.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

This is what happens when you elevate trash to celebrity status and expect them to be of high moral value.

Choose your heros wisely. This ain’t one of them.

Bingo. People and their admiration for celebs is cringeworthy.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Baconstrip78: Poverty? Strippers aren't broke, my dude.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

Drugging and robbing men is not making a living. It's criminal and if you admitted to that, you should be investigated, charged and jailed. I don't care if you lived in poverty. Millions live in poverty and don't break the law. **** Cardi B and her sob story.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

I honestly don't give two shits.

With that said, what she did is criminal (drugging people, robbing them, etc) and she has admitted to it. Let's see some charges made and arrest her. If there was ever a time for there to not have double standards in The Gender Wars, it is now.

@JustPlainLucas said:
@Baconstrip78 said:

Drugging and robbing men is not making a living. It's criminal and if you admitted to that, you should be investigated, charged and jailed. I don't care if you lived in poverty. Millions live in poverty and don't break the law. **** Cardi B and her sob story.

Pretty much this.

The thing that irked me is the whole "had to do it to survive" angle. That's bullshit. You wash dishes for 3 bucks an hour to sruvive, you beg in the streets for spare change to survive, you go dumpster diving for old food to survive.

If you drug and rob people, it's because you're greedy and probably a little bit psychopathic.

I really hope they don't do the whole "virtuous sex worker/demonized patron" thing where it's like "Oh no the poor little woman was just doing it to survive, and those big scary men were trying to get in her pants". No, just no: she offered to have sex with them for money. She initiated. She premeditated the crime.

You don't spontaneously drug someone out of self-defense, then, in the heat of the moment, rob them because you're scared or something.

@Baconstrip78 said:

Dude, come on, the strippers I know of make more money than most college-educated people I know. Not to mention the tax-free tips they get.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Nas, Immortal Technique, Eyedea (RIP), Tech N9ne, MF Doom + KRS-One are my idols as far as music go. Cardi B certainly aren't one of those people.