Ran out of space on my IPOD!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nimatoad2000 (7505 posts) -

so i just recently hit 161 gigs of music ... no movies.. no photos.. and i have a 160 gig ipod.. this scares me.. while i have already choses the 1 gig of songs i will exclude from my ipod.. theirs always going to be a band i will get into sooner or later and get music from...

apple recently got rid of the 80 gig and 160 gig ipod classics and replaced them with a single 120 gig classic.

while the touch is still sitting at 32 gigs and probly wont go to 64 gigs until another 6 months or even the holidays of next year unless their sales drop, which i doubt because the majority of the market barely has 10 gigs of music and solid state drives are still relatively expensive..

so when will the 200.. 300 gig music players come out? if only their was a device for us audiophiles :P

#2 Posted by Premier1101 (13515 posts) -
google is your friend ;)
#3 Posted by cousin_eddy (74681 posts) -
It is at this point you fine tune what you have and not be greedy. There is always a way to fine tune it and make it perfect..trust me there is probably a few thousand songs you don't need :P
#4 Posted by PlzDuntBanMe (3270 posts) -

It is at this point you fine tune what you have and not be greedy. There is always a way to fine tune it and make it perfect..trust me there is probably a few thousand songs you don't need :Pcousin_eddy

I agree

#5 Posted by higgydiggy (984 posts) -
It is at this point you fine tune what you have and not be greedy. There is always a way to fine tune it and make it perfect..trust me there is probably a few thousand songs you don't need :Pcousin_eddy
thats what i do. im trying to listen to everything and delete everything i rate 2 and below
#6 Posted by cousin_eddy (74681 posts) -

[QUOTE="cousin_eddy"]It is at this point you fine tune what you have and not be greedy. There is always a way to fine tune it and make it perfect..trust me there is probably a few thousand songs you don't need :Phiggydiggy
thats what i do. im trying to listen to everything and delete everything i rate 2 and below

I am doing the same thing with my zune. I haven't filled it yet (it is 80 gigs) but when I do I am going to fine tune it until it is 80 gigs of musical perfection.

#7 Posted by Brainkiller05 (28954 posts) -
Yikes, my 2gig isn't even full.
#8 Posted by FragStains (20668 posts) -
That has always been an irrational fear of mine. Luckily, I came to my senses and realized that I didn't listen to 3/4 of the music I had. I trimmed it down to around 5 or 6 gigs.
Avatar image for Kittendestroyer
#9 Posted by Kittendestroyer (44 posts) -
... Isn't a delete function ? You cannot possibly find enough time to use all those files.
#10 Posted by Large_Soda (8658 posts) -
Sounds like someone spends a ton of cash on music.
#11 Posted by stevenk4k5 (5607 posts) -
I'm pretty sure you don't need 161 Gigs of music. You could (not easily) trim that down to probably
#12 Posted by markop2003 (29917 posts) -

personally i find i listen to my favorites and whwatever band i really like at that moment but that's it, upload your top ten bands, then the best of albums of the next 20, then aa few bands from the genres you haven't covered but you still like, then fill it up with what ever you're really into at the moment

You then get a good spread of music and your favorites without taking too much space then you simpley delete the oldest band you really liked for a moment when it gets full. I find it's better than dlete your least favorite songs as i hate having parts of albums.

#13 Posted by DivergeUnify (15150 posts) -
161 gigs of music? wtf, how many songs is that?
#14 Posted by Brainkiller05 (28954 posts) -

161 gigs of music? wtf, how many songs is that?DivergeUnify

Atleast 12 :o

#16 Posted by nimatoad2000 (7505 posts) -

161 gigs of music? wtf, how many songs is that?DivergeUnify

18641 .. mostly 320kbps mp3 , some 256kbps or high 200's VBR

#17 Posted by Big_Bad_Sad (18243 posts) -

Why not just delete some music instead of spending more money on a new player?

#18 Posted by FragStains (20668 posts) -

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]161 gigs of music? wtf, how many songs is that?nimatoad2000

Plug that bad boy into iTunes and take a look at the play counts. How many are at zero? I'm just curious...I always thought that I listened to all my music until I did that and realized I hadn't even listened to half.
#19 Posted by andyboiii (13629 posts) -

Sounds like someone spends a ton of cash on music.Large_Soda

i'll be very surprised if he actually did buy all that music :P

#20 Posted by stevenk4k5 (5607 posts) -

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]161 gigs of music? wtf, how many songs is that?nimatoad2000

I highly doubt you listen to all 18,000+ of those songs. Just don't put them all onto the iPod. :P

#21 Posted by KOTORkicker (4595 posts) -
[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]161 gigs of music? wtf, how many songs is that?stevenk4k5

I highly doubt you listen to all 18,000+ of those songs. Just don't put them all onto the iPod. :P

If songs average 3 minutes, then thats 54000 minutes of music. 900 hours. :o. Thats enough for like 3 weeks! Do you have it in case you get marooned on a desert island or something? :P

#22 Posted by DivergeUnify (15150 posts) -
[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]161 gigs of music? wtf, how many songs is that?FragStains

Plug that bad boy into iTunes and take a look at the play counts. How many are at zero? I'm just curious...I always thought that I listened to all my music until I did that and realized I hadn't even listened to half.

Exactly. I have barely 1000 songs, but all of them have been played quite a few times
#23 Posted by Doomtime (4282 posts) -
someone downloads!
#24 Posted by NaiKoN9293 (4102 posts) -
hmmm. My raptor jesus gopsel music collection is only around 2gigs. and that's more than enough for salvation. So Im wondering what kinds of Raptor Devil's music you are listening to.
#25 Posted by fraz1776 (2269 posts) -
Yeah and I bet like 150 gigs of that is crap, no offence:lol: But seriouslyI don't know how people manage to fill up 20 gigs. Pretty much all the music in the world I regulary listen to is only like 10 gigs. I don't get all these people who have 1000's of tracks they don't even like on their mp3 players.
#26 Posted by Kikouken (15913 posts) -

Wow. I havent even filled 3gb of my 8GB Samsung P2.

161 gigs of music? I'm sure you can cut down A LOT.

#27 Posted by gamegadge (977 posts) -

161gb of music is alloootttt of stuff.

I'm sure there will be bigger ones out soon though...the rate of which memory develops is rediculous these days, imo.

#28 Posted by hokies1313 (13919 posts) -

How do you fill up a 160GB iPod with only music?!

How many songs do you have? I mean I'm sitting here with movies, photos, and 38 days worth of music, and I still have 55 GBs free. :|

#29 Posted by Robertoey (1996 posts) -
Thank god for my Archos 5 250GB Touchscreen MultiMedia Player.
#30 Posted by -starman- (2822 posts) -

[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]Sounds like someone spends a ton of cash on music.andyboiii

i'll be very surprised if he actually did buy all that music :P

haha, no kidding.

i've got a 40gb one and it's not full yet. but i try to thin it out periodically. i own the music i upload, so it's not like it's gone forever. but if there are songs in there i have never listened to, there's probably a reason.

$2 says the TC just wanted to brag.

#31 Posted by N8A (18602 posts) -
isnt that like a year of music?