greek5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By greek5
Member since 2005 • 104 Posts

So if you are going to disable comments, I'll just say it here, I watched the new Rambo movie and it was awesome, "This movie is mean, gross, xenophobic" what did you expect from a Rambo movie? My little ponies and pink unicorns licking each other?

So frustrating main steam media review movies just based on their political views, all these soy boy sites have even invented a new word for the movie,"Trumpian" I've seen 4 sites use that word for this movie, which tells me they all just feed off each others soy milk and dont actually give any valid reasons why the movie is bad or good

Pathetic

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Maybe they did it to annoy you so you would go on the forums or social media and whine about it.

Don't like it, don't read it. I certainly didn't.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Not only here but lot of critics are giving it negative as like they criticize it for being mindless and violent, come on its Rambo movie. it would have have drama and romance.

its about one man army.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Apparently it's xenophobic. Yet it wasn't when it was Koreans(?)

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

Not only here but lot of critics are giving it negative as like they criticize it for being mindless and violent, come on its Rambo movie. it would have have drama and romance.

its about one man army.

Well actually, the original novel the film franchise was based on was a grimmer, more dramatic affair about a soldier suffering from PTSD, and ended with John Rambo dying. They even shot that ending for the film, before leaving it out of the final cut.

In fact, David Morrell, the author of First Blood, has disowned this film:

But, eh. *Shrugs* Franchises march on, and Mr. Morrell is far from the first - nor will he be the last - creator to hate adaptations of his work. Reality of things. Just let people have their opinions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Oh my god guys I'm so woke and so offended by the liberal media!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I hate Trump and SJW's but I want to see this movie now we live in such a weak time now the far left and far right drive me batshit insane.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Lol I don't worry about movie reviews anymore. Do you want some far left dweeb to tell you what to watch?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58947 Posts
@r-gamer said:

Lol I don't worry about movie reviews anymore. Do you want some far left dweeb to tell you what to watch?

Yea, starting to get this response as well. Left equivalent of Alex Jones.

Don't watch Joker, incel mass shooters, don't watch Rambo, anti-Mexican wall wall, don't play Call OF Duty war weapons bad, don't play Greedfall, people in old times done bad things (in case you couldn't figure that out).

Nothing to do with some right-wing nutjob, which is what these people would love to believe as a scapegoat, people just, don't like being talking down-to by some self-anointed hero of Kvatch.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

I'll buy it on blu ray. That last Rambo was awesome

Avatar image for ProjektInsanity
ProjektInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ProjektInsanity
Member since 2011 • 515 Posts

I doubt the movie is great. It’s probably one-note and forgettable. I don’t expect much from Rambo. That said, I expect even less from review sites these days. Gamespot has crept its way from being my favorite game/media site back in the ‘90s to one whose SJW bias has so permeated its essence that I rarely check it anymore.

I’m fine with a difference of opinion, but there are limits. Take the Rambo review. The author knew it was such a biased piece of trash that he disabled comments, even though that’s not standard practice for Gamespot movie reviews. Intellectual cowardice at its finest.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

The Rambo series is just the first movie for me. It gave me a character and a situation I could care about. It also no doubt looks better than this new movie, being shot on film.

@madrocketeer said:

Hahaha, nice.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Cant believe stalone is still at it, ima see it, the last Rambo movie was balls to the wall and awesome, I mean for an action movie Rambo just flat out kicks ass.

Also screw the critics man, they are mostly pretencious douchebags. The type that gels and twists thier moustaches. Dancing elves man dancing elves.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Yeah this is part of the "mark questionable content down" policy I've been seeing lately on review sites. I doubt it's activism, it's probably just them playing it safe because no one wants to give the game/film/show that could be perceived as racist a high score.

The irony, of course, is that anything could be perceived as racist. So in the end, you're not only making a joke of yourself, but you're also displaying a complete lack of balls. Or ovaries. Intestinal fortitude.

@greek5 said:

So if you are going to disable comments, I'll just say it here, I watched the new Rambo movie and it was awesome, "This movie is mean, gross, xenophobic" what did you expect from a Rambo movie? ...

This is like the Vox review where they disliked Dave Chapelle's new standup because he said mean things. People forget that it's standup and that's generally the point of standup comedy: to say mean things, or controversial things (which are in turn mean to some people), or bring up valid but unpleasant points, and so on.

People forget...umm...what's the word I'm looking for? Perspective? Frame of reference? Objectivity? They forgot the beautiful principle of free speech: even if I don't like what you are saying, you have a right to say it.

Movies are made to fulfill a purpose, and if that purpose doesn't satisfy you, that doesn't give you permission to condemn it.

You can't complain about a new Rambo moving being gross and xenophobic when the original movies are also about killing Asians and Russians (oh, wait, Russians are OK to kill cuz they're white hahahaha hypocrisy yay!) in violent and horrific ways.

There are bad Mexicans in the world, just like there are bad Americans, bad French folk, bad Chinese people, and so forth. A movie is not inherently xenophobic simply for making non-whites the bad guys. And frankly you risk alienating everyone.

• Let's make the bad guys French Canadian extremists. No, not believable.
  • How about alt-right bigots? That doesn't make sense, Rambo is a vet and white and so forth

Well, they are on the Mexican border in the movie. Mexico does have a cartel problem. The girl did go into the lion's den. So Mexican villains make sense.

Last Blood might be a bad movie for all I know. But based on the review it just sounds like it was judged for non-movie standards, a false, artificial, and misplaced sense of social justice that sees bigoted ghosts in every shadow.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts
@warmblur said:

I hate Trump and SJW's but I want to see this movie now we live in such a weak time now the far left and far right drive me batshit insane.

Yeah kind of how I feel.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

What's wrong with calling out a garbage movie? 28% on rotten tomatoes. If you want to delude yourself that it is a good movie go ahead. The first one was pretty good....after that downhill all the way.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghosts4ever
@ezekiel43 said:

The Rambo series is just the first movie for me. It gave me a character and a situation I could care about. It also no doubt looks better than this new movie, being shot on film.

@madrocketeer said:

Hahaha, nice.

Althought First blood was fantastic but first blood 2 was great as well. really like the concept of how Rambo goes back to vietnam for taking pictures of POW after being release from prison and start the concept of whole one man destroying entire Army. its First blood 2 that potray Rambo as badass. i was not satisfied with first blood ending as he should not been arrested because he commit no crime. just escaping from corrupt police.

beside stallone movies are rated too low. i mean escape plan was also excellent movie but get bad reception dont know why. critics rated disney movies and superheroes movies too high.

i rather watch rambo and escape plan than watch some avengers and aladdin.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Yeah, Chris E Hayner seems like a pretty weak snowflake type. He should probably stick to Disney movie reviews. I mean, he thinks that shedding some light on the Mexican human trafficking problem is being Xenophobic. I guess he likes to live in a bubble where these problems don't exist.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@ghosts4ever: " critics rated disney movies and superheroes movies too high."

Do you agree with critics reviews on disney/superhero movies?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever
@PSP107 said:

@ghosts4ever: " critics rated disney movies and superheroes movies too high."

Do you agree with critics reviews on disney/superhero movies?

absolutely not. I watch avengers infinity war and endgame and they both just suck. no idea who they become biggest movies of our generation.

Avatar image for ProjektInsanity
ProjektInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ProjektInsanity
Member since 2011 • 515 Posts

@SUD123456: You’re missing the point. It’s fine to call a bad movie bad. Whining about a movie in a genre that revolves around antiheroes violently dispatching comic book villainish bad guys because the movie does precisely that, then blocking people’s ability to respond to your lameass review really does reinforce that it was just some touchy snowflake of a reviewer who was all too happy to espouse his political nonsense but not confident enough to have it criticized.

RonThallsBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RonThallsBalls
Member since 2016 • 348 Posts

Hahaha Rating a fucken action movie 2 for over the top violence and token villains then disabling comments... So chickenshit. I had little interest in the movie and now I’m buying tickets ‘cause I’m so irritated. If I was a major studio I’d pay for reviews like this just to rile up people who would’ve ignored this thinking it was gonna be a boring run of the mill release instead of some line drawn in the sand where more pussies could whine and whine and cry and cry about being outraged and offended by ENTERTAINMENT THAT THEY CLEARLY WEREN’T GONNA ENJOY ANYWAY! Go watch Cats if you don’t want any violence in yore action movie, you duplicitous taint!

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@ghosts4ever: "no idea who they become biggest movies of our generation."

They grabbed the kid/woman market.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Last Blood might be a bad movie for all I know. But based on the review it just sounds like it was judged for non-movie standards, a false, artificial, and misplaced sense of social justice that sees bigoted ghosts in every shadow.

Nailed it.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

wait, they made ANOTHER rambo?

stallone is like 80. what's he doing, killing people with his walker?

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

Totally agree. Ridiculous...

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@comp_atkins: I can guarantee he's in better shape then you are lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58947 Posts

Granpa be lifting.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#29 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I skimmed a few reviews. Seems like they're making valid complaints about the movie being poorly put together. Their mistake was bringing up Trump and alt-righters and now fans of Rambo are counteracting the critics trying to negate everything they've said. People just need to leave politics out of their reviews...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

So you're mad that the movie is bad? Okay. Go watch it anyway. Doesn't warrant complaints though.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

It is a shit movie get over it. Stop blaming politics.