Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

One final hurray. Looking excellent. even though now Rambo is so old.

im interested how they will conclude the saga.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

It won't look as good as the original (celluloid < digital), the music won't be as good, the plot won't be as good, Rambo won't be as sympathetic. Not watching it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ghosts4ever  Online
@ezekiel43 said:

It won't look as good as the original (celluloid < digital), the music won't be as good, the plot won't be as good, Rambo won't be as sympathetic. Not watching it.

Original one? sure but its sequels? of course it looks lot better. although i like first blood 2 too but rambo 4 suck.

all it need is trautman. he was cool character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Original one? sure but its sequels? of course it looks lot better. although i like first blood 2 too but rambo 4 suck.

The original is the only one I actually care to own. 4K UHD version is beatific. 2 and 3, from what I remember, are just typical '80s action movies.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ghosts4ever  Online
@ezekiel43 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:

The original is the only one I actually care to own. 4K UHD version is beatific. 2 and 3, from what I remember, are just typical '80s action movies.

my friend, you criticize most games since GT days but didnot know you also disliked most movies too. as you said John wick is meh when its one of the best movie ever made.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:

my friend, you criticize most games since GT days but didnot know you also disliked most movies too. as you said John wick is meh when its one of the best movie ever made.

Yet in the other thread I hinted that I love so many movies that it's hard to pick five. More like, I don't like most movies YOU like. I also believe the quality of movies has in general declined.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghosts4ever  Online
@ezekiel43 said:
I also believe the quality of movies has in general declined.

90s was best time for hollywood. most movies today suck accept very few.

but why dont you like John wick?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:

The story and music didn't do much for me.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghosts4ever  Online
@ezekiel43 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:

The story and music didn't do much for me.

Loading Video...

Soundtrack is fine. its excellent.

and story is Max payne oriented. one man war against mafia, noire, revenge, crime thriller etc.

you are max payne fan, its strange you dont like it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

Surprisingly, I am looking forward to it.

I really enjoyed the Rambo reboot that came out a few years back, so more of that would be great.

Stallone is still entertaining as hell, between the Rocky/Balboa movies he has done recently and Rambo, it's pretty great.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I really enjoyed the Rambo reboot that came out a few years back, so more of that would be great.

Stallone is still entertaining as hell, between the Rocky/Balboa movies he has done recently and Rambo, it's pretty great.

Was it reboot? I think it was more just a sequel innit?
I enjoyed it as well, really basic simple story, but some decent action using lots (and lots) (and lots) of squibs, sticking to how you would expect Rambo to turn out decades later, off in some jungle heavy foreign country avoiding people.

If this is more of that, great? Although no mullet, loses points there.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Rambo (4) wasn't a reboot, it was a sequel to the original three. A damn fine sequel at that, enjoyed it a lot more then 2 or 3.

This new Rambo looks like a Taken wanna be with an even older guy playing the lead.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25

@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@vfighter said:

@mrbojangles25: Rambo (4) wasn't a reboot, it was a sequel to the original three. A damn fine sequel at that, enjoyed it a lot more then 2 or 3.

Fair enough, it was a direct sequel. I just consider anything that takes place years and years after the original a type of reboot.

But yeah, definitely a sequel for sure.

@vfighter said:

@mrbojangles25:

This new Rambo looks like a Taken wanna be with an even older guy playing the lead.

Yeah I am still hopeful for it because frankly I think Stallone still is great (he also seems like a stand-up dude in real life), but I have to admit it does look a bit generic.

Kidnapping? Been there, done that.

Mexican cartel bad guys? Overplayed. Seems like the go-to bad guys of the 2010's are either Cartel or Jihadis.

The setup appeals to me, though. Rambo has always been on the offensive more or less, looking forward to him defending his home, laying down those traps and such.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: Check out Brawl in Cell Block 99, incredibly manly.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ghosts4ever  Online
@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I enjoyed it as well, really basic simple story, but some decent action using lots (and lots) (and lots) of squibs, sticking to how you would expect Rambo to turn out decades later, off in some jungle heavy foreign country avoiding people.

The original first blood is definitely best. and i also liked second one too.

didnot liked rambo 4 or whatever it was. just simply boring.

in original first blood. Rambo is only running from cops.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Story wise nothing was needed beyond the original as it was quite the exclamation point beginning to end.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mrbojangles25

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

The original first blood is definitely best. and i also liked second one too.

didnot liked rambo 4 or whatever it was. just simply boring.

in original first blood. Rambo is only running from cops.

Yeah the first Rambo is more of a period piece, a commentary on veterans returning from war. Sure, it's an action movie, but it also has a lot of social commentary. It's a little slow by today's standards, but it's still a great film.

The third movie (with Afghanistan, the Russians, and Mujahideen) also makes a little political commentary and summarizes the history of that region pretty well, though in the end it goes more for over-the-top action than anything.

I don't know how you can think Rambo 4 was boring. It had a pretty decent plot, a good message, and some great action scenes.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uninspiredcup

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah the first Rambo is more of a period piece, a commentary on veterans returning from war. Sure, it's an action movie, but it also has a lot of social commentary. It's a little slow by today's standards, but it's still a great film.

The third movie (with Afghanistan, the Russians, and Mujahideen) also makes a little political commentary and summarizes the history of that region pretty well, though in the end it goes more for over-the-top action than anything.

I don't know how you can think Rambo 4 was boring. It had a pretty decent plot, a good message, and some great action scenes.

Interesting.

The Karen National Liberation Army has said that the movie gave them a great boost of morale. Some rebels in Burma have even adopted dialogue from the movie (most notably "Live for nothing, or die for something") as rallying points and battle cries. "That, to me," said Sylvester Stallone, "is one of the proudest moments I've ever had in film." Also, overseas Burmese have praised the movie for its vivid portrayal of the military's oppression of the Karen people.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrbojangles25

@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Interesting.

The Karen National Liberation Army has said that the movie gave them a great boost of morale. Some rebels in Burma have even adopted dialogue from the movie (most notably "Live for nothing, or die for something") as rallying points and battle cries. "That, to me," said Sylvester Stallone, "is one of the proudest moments I've ever had in film." Also, overseas Burmese have praised the movie for its vivid portrayal of the military's oppression of the Karen people.

Yeah, those missionaries sure died for something.

I think people overlook a lot of action movies in terms of commentary and importance simply because they are action movies. And I get it; it's easier to convey a message when people are talking or being emotional as opposed to running around and yelling and shooting. But that doesn't mean they can't send a message.

I didn't know that about the KNLA, that's pretty interesting. I mean I knew the movie sort of shed light on the situation over there, I didn't know the actual people took it to heart.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#20 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts

Last Blood looks cool, plan on seeing it.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

@ezekiel43: " I also believe the quality of movies has in general declined."

Since 2000.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PSP107

Since 2000.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PSP107

Since 2000.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Your opinions on everything is just horrendous, how is that possible?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56026 Posts

@ghosts4ever: To be honest, I'm more hype for Ad Astra then Last Blood but nevertheless, I'll be watching both Ad Astra & Last Blood on the same day. I hate doing double-flick watch.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ghosts4ever  Online
@davillain- said:

@ghosts4ever: To be honest, I'm more hype for Ad Astra then Last Blood but nevertheless, I'll be watching both Ad Astra & Last Blood on the same day. I hate doing double-flick watch.

well i only like action movie so after John wick 3. Last blood is only movie i hype for a while.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@davillain- said:

well i only like action movie so after John wick 3. Last blood is only movie i hype for a while.

If I may be bold, If believe Western action movies are by and large, shit, try Asian movies such those from Hong Kong and Korea, since that;s basically what John Wick is emulating.

Loading Video...