This topic is locked from further discussion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Poll Radio: DJs or no? (3 votes)

DJs 100%
No 33%

I almost exclusively listen to internet radio these days, be it Pandora or something like 1.fm. In the car, if I even have music going I just listen to my own playlists, and the reason is that the ad time on terrestrial radio about equals the amount of time they spend playing music. **** that.

However, I do miss DJs, especially local ones. They add a personal flair to the broadcast, deliver relevant local information (concerts and goings on) and of course you can call them. These pre-programmed internet radio stations, while great for music, just seem a bit too sterile.

So how do you stand on the DJ issue? Do you even care?

• 
Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

I've actually never cared for DJs.

When I listen to radio all I wanna hear is music. No talking, no commercials, nothing. Just music.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@Trail_Mix said:

I've actually never cared for DJs.

When I listen to radio all I wanna hear is music. No talking, no commercials, nothing. Just music.

This, I always say: "if I wanted to listen people talk I would switch to am". Specially in the morning, who the hell wanna listen to some guy talk at 7:00am? Just give me the damn music. Too bad, now ALL I listen is to am radio.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I havent heard any radio stations (other than NPR, but that not music) in like a decade.

I never cared for radio stations, and when i got my first car I just had a mp3 plug into it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44432 Posts

I like college radio stations as they tend to play new music from lesser known artists but they pick good stuff.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

For me its pretty much NPR, or I'm cranking old school hip hop, jungle, grunge and 70's funk usually.

As long as theres something interesting or curious to be learned, and theres some balance to the discussion, then hell yeah I'll listen to talk radio.

Could be perspectives on politics or local issues, that rarely anyone on prime time news TV or internet soapboxes pay attention to.

Cool Science or untold history

Could be interviews from a familiar artist. (Liked hearing The RZA and Quentin Tarantino on Fresh Air)

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36033 Posts

With the exception of Alice Cooper I don't really care about Radio DJ's.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

I don't mind