Quick question on working out

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
I remember hearing someone say that eating before or after working out can affect your results.  I don't remember well but I think it was if you eat before working out your just going to lose weight but if you eat after working out your going to gain muscle weight.  Now how does that work?  Can someone clarify that.
andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 andyxm
Member since 2006 • 6194 Posts
eating a few hours before gives you alot more energy for the workout. sleeping right after working out affects it negatively.
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
Eating before working out gives you more energy. Eating after gives you the nutrition and stuff for your body to use to repair the muscle. Of course this depends on what kind of food you ingest.
daniel52587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 daniel52587
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts
Eat a few hours before so you have the energy. Eat breakfast, then workout an hour or two later. Dont sleep after working out. Dont work out every day either. Do it every other day. Every day puts to much strain on your muscles, you will only damage them. Make sure you eat normally. Your body needs fat to burn, if not, you will burn off muscle. Work out on different parts too. Dont just concentrate on one part of your body or you will end up look disproportioned. 
TheTrueRPGfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheTrueRPGfan
Member since 2005 • 370 Posts

just some extra advice, dont over do it when you first start.  a buddy of mine overdid it for his first couple days, his pee was brown because of too much lactic acid buildup in the muscles (somethin like that)

TheTrueRPGfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheTrueRPGfan
Member since 2005 • 370 Posts

Eat a few hours before so you have the energy. Eat breakfast, then workout an hour or two later. Dont sleep after working out. Dont work out every day either. Do it every other day. Every day puts to much strain on your muscles, you will only damage them. Make sure you eat normally. Your body needs fat to burn, if not, you will burn off muscle. Work out on different parts too. Dont just concentrate on one part of your body or you will end up look disproportioneddaniel52587

what ever happened to those guys, " Arms, chest, the hell with the rest!"

Squidward117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Squidward117
Member since 2005 • 4374 Posts

just some extra advice, dont over do it when you first start. a buddy of mine overdid it for his first couple days, his pee was brown because of too much lactic acid buildup in the muscles (somethin like that)

TheTrueRPGfan

Damn... Did that hurt like hell or what?
Squidward117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Squidward117
Member since 2005 • 4374 Posts

just some extra advice, dont over do it when you first start. a buddy of mine overdid it for his first couple days, his pee was brown because of too much lactic acid buildup in the muscles (somethin like that)

TheTrueRPGfan

Damn... Did that hurt like hell or what?