360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

My opinion is to decriminalize it and there is nothing wrong with it. I was a hobbyist for quite some time and dear god was it fun, but now I've stopped and just keep my dick in my pants. If most people could get off of their high horse and pretending it's so moral wrong think of all the economic impact it could have like decriminalizing weed.

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mecha_frieza
Member since 2007 • 1305 Posts

@needhealing: It's illegal in 99% of the world because it is often associated with criminal organizations.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#53 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

@mecha_frieza said:

@needhealing: It's illegal in 99% of the world because it is often associated with criminal organizations.

Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mecha_frieza

@needhealing said:
@mecha_frieza said:

It's not dumb, its the truth. You do know that a lot prostitutes have drug problems right? I am not talking about weed, I am talking about serious shit i.e. meth, heroin, oxy ect. You have heard of sex trafficking right? You do know that there is a serious problem in Europe right now where women are kidnapped and forced into prostitution right? You know that same problem has also reached America right? It's these things why people think prostitution is bad. Do you think crime bosses in major cities just allow women to just start selling themselves? It usually doesn't work like this.

Should it be legal? I think it can be if there is a formal system in place to prevent the spread of STIs and a list of do nots, but I really think it needs to separate from the criminal element.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Needhealing

@mecha_frieza said:
@needhealing said:
@mecha_frieza said:

It's not dumb, its the truth. You do know that a lot prostitutes have drug problems right? I am not talking about weed, I am talking about serious shit i.e. meth, heroin, oxy ect. You have heard of sex trafficking right? You do know that there is a serious problem in Europe right now where women are kidnapped and forced into prostitution right? You know that same problem has also reached America right? It's these things why people think prostitution is bad. Do you think crime bosses in major cities just allow women to just start selling themselves? It usually doesn't work like this.

Should it be legal? I think it can be if there is a formal system in place to prevent the spread of STIs and a list of do nots, but I really think it needs to separate from the criminal element.

It makes no sense, since criminal organizations can only survive when something is penalized.

Also, I run a health based startup which focuses on data collection for std's. I've worked first hand with prostitutes, and most of the information you just provided is the reason why I can't have a good discussion with you since it is erroneous.

I wish I could start a healthy debate, but there's really nothing to debate here unless you can come up with better arguments and have some first hand accounts to justify your claims.

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mecha_frieza

@needhealing said:
@mecha_frieza said:
@needhealing said:
@mecha_frieza said:

It makes no sense, since criminal organizations can only survive when something is penalized.

Also, I run a health based startup which focuses on data collection for std's. I've worked first hand with prostitutes, and most of the information you just provided is the reason why I can't have a good discussion with you since it is erroneous.

I wish I could start a healthy debate, but there's really nothing to debate here unless you can come up with better arguments and have some first hand accounts to justify your claims.

I mean there is data out there that supports my argument. Prostitutes are more likely to get STDs than the rest of the population. There is also a giant (and profitable) criminal underworld that uses prostitution. Not a lot of people dispute this, but if we can take out the bad parts of prostitution, then I don't have many arguments against why it should be legal, but taking out those bad parts is a tough task in itself.

Here is a study about prosututon and STDs: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23007210

You can also find dozens of studies just like the one I have provided and they all say the same thing: sex workers, especially females and transgenders have a high STD exposure risk.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Needhealing

@mecha_frieza said:
@needhealing said:
@mecha_frieza said:
@needhealing said:

I mean there is data out there that supports my argument. Prostitutes are more likely to get STDs than the rest of the population. There is also a giant (and profitable) criminal underworld that uses prostitution. Not a lot of people dispute this, but if we can take out the bad parts of prostitution, then I don't have many arguments against why it should be legal, but taking out those bad parts is a tough task in itself.

Here is a study about prosututon and STDs: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23007210

You can also find dozens of studies just like the one I have provided and they all say the same thing: sex workers, especially females and transgenders have a high STD exposure risk.

*sigh*

See this is why I don't debate with people who have zero knowledge of the subject. I was really hoping you didn't try to defend yourself by google searching a study, but rather presented your own counter argument based perhaps on a research you had conducted yourself.

I will end this rather senseless debate with an obvious statistic. In places where prostitution is regulated std's are actually much lower due to sexual workers having to take mandatory tests and screenings, allowing healthcare officials to use preventive measures. You are making yourself look foolish. What you are saying with your post is that it makes perfect sense to legalize prostitution in order to reduce std's, because right now it is rampant in an unregulated scenario.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

@needhealing: "What you are saying with your post is that it makes perfect sense to legalize prostitution in order to reduce std's, "

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

And lol@ your username as it kind of relates to this topic.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Needhealing

@PSP107 said:

@needhealing: "What you are saying with your post is that it makes perfect sense to legalize prostitution in order to reduce std's, "

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

And lol@ your username as it kind of relates to this topic.

Lol, I know right. Well, he's basically talking about my profession. Something I do on a daily basis which is to collect global data in the health sector. Hence, my awesome avatar.

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mecha_frieza

@needhealing said:
@mecha_frieza said:
@needhealing said:
@mecha_frieza said:

*sigh*

See this is why I don't debate with people who have zero knowledge of the subject. I was really hoping you didn't try to defend yourself by google searching a study, but rather presented your own counter argument based perhaps on a research you had conducted yourself.

I will end this rather senseless debate with an obvious statistic. In places where prostitution is regulated std's are actually much lower due to sexual workers having to take mandatory tests and screenings, allowing healthcare officials to use preventive measures. You are making yourself look foolish. What you are saying with your post is that it makes perfect sense to legalize prostitution in order to reduce std's, because right now it is rampant in an unregulated scenario.

It's already been proven that unregulated sex workers are at a higher risk in terms of exposure to STDs. This is already been proven, time and time again. I also agree that legalization would reduced the risks and I agree with you there. However, I cannot see prostitution ever being 100% legal in the United States, especially in places like California and that is my point. Not sure why this makes me foolish because I think we agree to a certain extent.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Needhealing

@mecha_frieza said:
@needhealing said:
@mecha_frieza said:
@needhealing said:
@mecha_frieza said:

*sigh*

It's already been proven that unregulated sex workers are at a higher risk in terms of exposure to STDs. This is already been proven, time and time again. I also agree that legalization would reduced the risks and I agree with you there. However, I cannot see prostitution ever being 100% legal in the United States, especially in places like California and that is my point. Not sure why this makes me foolish because I think we agree to a certain extent.

Then we agree, and yes I don't see anytime soon in the U.S. Hopefully in the next 40 years it happens, though.

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By mecha_frieza

@needhealing: See, isn't agreeing fun? :)

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@needhealing said:

I really don't find a single valid argument against it. Which is why I'm so perplexed it still remains illegal in 99% of the world.

It's a pretty dangerous profession for most of the prostitutes involved even on a good day, and that's not to even consider how they're usually taken advantage of financially, infection risks, etc. I also don't think the jury's quite settled on how mentally healthy it is to work in that profession long-term, most prostitutes come from poverty and/or abuse making dubious as to whether or not it's a non-coerced choice, but I do think it's pretty paternalizing for society to decide for them that it's not healthy for them without much input whatsoever from them (not that the reason it's illegal is their own protection to begin with). Overall, I'm more in favor of putting more power into the hands of the people who actually do the work and others who are studying them with their best interests at heart, which probably means less government and definitely means decriminalization if not outright legalization.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

From my understanding of pimp culture (there are documentaries), it's highly misogynistic and beating their hoes is considered par for the course. A madam doesn't treat their women like property. There is also a large prevalence of women being made addicted to drugs and being paid in hits rather than cash.

Check out some legal brothels. Women are protected from rape and abuse because they can go to police and press charges against the john. They also can refuse a john if he is dirty or looks diseased. They also get regular STI/D screenings and treatment if they contract one. It's all on the up and up and I don't see how a woman would prefer working for a pimp when they could make money hand over fist doing it legally.

You missed my point entirely. i never said that working as a legal prostitute at a respectable business wasn't better than being a dirty street ho controlled by a pimp. My point was that a LOT of prostitutes would NEVER get hired as prostitutes at a respectable business even if prostituion were legalized. Legalization won't do crap for those prostitutes because those prostitutes would NEVER get hired at a legal respectable business anyway. The options for those prostitutes are "remain a dirty street ho" and "go get legal work in something other than prostitution." That's it. And if they were going to do something other than being dirty street hoes, then they wouldn't be prostitutes NOW. Legalization matters nothing with regards to them, because they aren't suited to working as legal respectable prostitutes.

I recommend that you go out and meet some REAL street prostitutes. And then ask yourself if legality is the only thing keeping you from ever thinking about hiring them. If someone's so nasty that you'd never consider paying even $20 to bang them, then I guarantee that they're not suddenly going be desirable at a legal brothel. After all, legal brothels are not charities, they're businesses. And they're NOT going to be looking to hire the kinds of prostitutes who'll give you head for $5. There's a thing called "quality control" that we have to take into account.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Free-Market

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

@themajormayor: Pimps only exist because prostitutes can’t go to the legal system for protection and retribution. Legalize it and pimps are replace with a $15/hour security guard or a $250/hour civil attorney.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#67 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I got drunk at the bar one night and my buddy talked me into picking up a hooker. Worst experience of my life. I went through 2 rounds of std tests and I thought my wang was going to fall off for 6 months. Nope never again.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PSP107

@Baconstrip78 said:

@themajormayor: Pimps only exist because prostitutes can’t go to the legal system for protection and retribution. Legalize it and pimps are replace with a $15/hour security guard or a $250/hour civil attorney.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

@jdc6305 said:

I got drunk at the bar one night and my buddy talked me into picking up a hooker. Worst experience of my life. I went through 2 rounds of std tests and I thought my wang was going to fall off for 6 months. Nope never again.

Stop lying to these people(GameSpot users)

=(

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 jdc6305

@PSP107 said:
@Baconstrip78 said:

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

@jdc6305 said:

Stop lying to these people(GameSpot users)

=(

I'm not lying about anything

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@jdc6305 said:

If you didn't think smart enough to use a Condom in the first place, it's your own fault.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@themajormayor said:

What's your opinion on prostitution guys? Moral/immoral? Should be legal/illegal?

I thought it was already legal in Las Vegas ?

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jdc6305

@davillain- said:
@jdc6305 said:

If you didn't think smart enough to use a Condom in the first place, it's your own fault.

You can still catch std's with a condom. Condoms aren't 100%.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@PSP107 said:
@warmblur said:
@drrollinstein said:

Legalize, tax, make it safe.

Agree

@davillain- said:

There body's, there choice. So therefore, legalize it and leave Prostitution alone.

(And yes, I pick up lots of Prostitutes just because)

Should drugs be legal too?

Yes

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PSP107

@THUMPTABLE:

lol

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 MrGeezer

@Baconstrip78: Again...do you think the woman offering bj's for $5 is ever going to be hired by a business that has to cover costs such as security guards and legal representation?

Without a pimp, and without being suitable to be hired by a brothel that can actually cover those costs, do you seriously think that a $5 crack-ho is going to be able to cover the costs of security and legal representation ON HER OWN simply because prostitution is legal?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@LexLas: it's legal in many places and illigal in many others. This thread is not Las Vegas specific.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

@MrGeezer: $5 crackhos dont have pimps because pimps wouldn’t waste their time cutting up profits that low.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@themajormayor said:

@LexLas: it's legal in many places and illigal in many others. This thread is not Las Vegas specific.

In that case no. Whats done in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MrGeezer

@Baconstrip78 said:

@MrGeezer: $5 crackhos dont have pimps because pimps wouldn’t waste their time cutting up profits that low.

Exaggeration, but you get my point. Just because someone is suitable to be "hired" by a skeezy pimp does NOT in any way mean they're suitable to work at a legal business that pays for legitimate fees and expenses and caters to respectable customers.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#80 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Never really partaken of prostitution but illegal or not it doesn't matter what is said or written it'll still happen.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#81  Edited By henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Us blokes always have to pay for sex. We pay for it when we take our GF for a fancy date and then pay for the food and entertainment.

We pay for sex when we marry someone, and then pay for the ridic costly wedding dress and all...

We pay for sex by favours in a long distance relationship. We do chores and favours for our beloved one, in exchange for sex later.

This all is just a socially accepted form of prostitution.

So, as prostitution is a fact in our everyday relationships, it should be legal. Brothels should be legal, and present in every major town.

FrFries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 FrFries
Member since 2018 • 23 Posts

Prostitution should be legal. Protected by state.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#83  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

It's going to be there no matter what, might as well tax the hookers.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@SolidSnake35 said:

I'm pretty sure it was prostitution that brought down GameSpot. BAN IT!

Ridiculous. The forumers here wouldn't know what to do with one. ;)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@LexLas said:

I thought it was already legal in Las Vegas ?

It's legal in Nevada, but not in the population centers. Brothels are usually tucked away where normal traffic don't go. ;)

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

First you start a thread about liking lady boys in thailand, and now you have a thread about prostitution lol

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

First you start a thread about liking lady boys in thailand, and now you have a thread about prostitution lol

Adult virgin's are a funny bunch.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#88 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Legalize and regulate.