Proposal to allow schools to report g@ys

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
[QUOTE="layton2012"]Ughhhh. They're gay not criminals. The ACLU you will be all over this if they actually go through with it.LJS9502_basic
Children are never afforded the same protections as adults....

It's not like it going to pass anyway.
#102 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161758 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="layton2012"]Ughhhh. They're gay not criminals. The ACLU you will be all over this if they actually go through with it.layton2012
Children are never afforded the same protections as adults....

Already said that....:P
#103 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Children are never afforded the same protections as adults....

Already said that....:P

That's what I get for not reading the entire thread.
#104 Posted by MrPraline (21351 posts) -
F*cking time travelers.
#105 Posted by zombehhhhh (456 posts) -

Do we really need a government anymore? Honestly?

#106 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161758 posts) -

Do we really need a government anymore? Honestly?

zombehhhhh
Society tends to run smoother with some form of govern-ship...yes.
#107 Posted by tocool340 (21105 posts) -

"Campfield told reporters on Wednesday that he considers the "act of homosexuality" to be dangerous to a child's health and safety."

Facepalm

#108 Posted by Bucked20 (6651 posts) -
That's stupid,most parents probably can tell their kid is gay just by how they act
#109 Posted by CJL13 (19137 posts) -

Now that is how you get a kid to shoot up his/her school.. Hunt out the gays, and expose them!

Idiots..

DaJuicyMan

That's probably want they want

1. Make gay kids feel bad.

2. Gay kids shoot up schools.

3. Use as ammo to try to lynch all gays.

4. ?

5. Profit!

#110 Posted by lonewolfman10 (528 posts) -

Oh republicans. Just can't get out of the 50s....

MakeMeaSammitch

They are the cause of all thise

#111 Posted by GIJames248 (2176 posts) -

Wouldn't this be a state (or even better, a local government) issue? Even then I think you'd want it to be something that school districts can decide for themselves. Homosexual intercourse involves more potential health problems for guys, but this is totally out of the rightful realm of Washington. I'm pretty sure the Constitution doesn't allow them to mandate the way school counselor's in public schools interact with parents and students. Gotta love big government for trying though, haha.

#112 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15755 posts) -

Wouldn't this be a state (or even better, a local government) issue? Even then I think you'd want it to be something that school districts can decide for themselves. Homosexual intercourse involves more potential health problems for guys, but this is totally out of the rightful realm of Washington. I'm pretty sure the Constitution doesn't allow them to mandate the way school counselor's in public schools interact with parents and students. Gotta love big government for trying though, haha.

GIJames248
This isn't a federal issue, it's in the Tennessee legislature :|
#113 Posted by DroidPhysX (17098 posts) -

GIJames248
r u dumb
#114 Posted by GIJames248 (2176 posts) -

[QUOTE="GIJames248"]

Ring_of_fire

Alright, I realized the article was from a local news site, but they never actually specified it was a state legislation. That means it's dumb, but not unconstitutional.

#115 Posted by DroidPhysX (17098 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"][QUOTE="GIJames248"]

GIJames248

Alright, I realized the article was from a local news site, but they never actually specified it was a state legistlation. That means it's dumb, but not unconstitutional.

It's not in the states interest to notify parents of their childs homosexuality. Not only that but it specifically singles out a group of persons out for discriminatory practices. unless you found a reason why its not unconstitutional
#116 Posted by Jacobistheman (3975 posts) -

Because a proposal by one guy is a reflection on the whole party. You need to go read some of the f***ing stupid proposals that are put forth by law makers. Very few ever make it out of committee.  

#117 Posted by brucewayne69 (2864 posts) -
Such an idiotic and infuriating proposal dave123321
I can feel your rage
#118 Posted by brucewayne69 (2864 posts) -
I am livid
#119 Posted by GIJames248 (2176 posts) -

[QUOTE="GIJames248"]

[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"] This isn't a federal issue, it's in the Tennessee legislature :|DroidPhysX

Alright, I realized the article was from a local news site, but they never actually specified it was a state legistlation. That means it's dumb, but not unconstitutional.

It's not in the states interest to notify parents of their childs homosexuality. Not only that but it specifically singles out a group of persons out for discriminatory practices. unless you found a reason why its not unconstitutional

I'm just saying, it's not a right given over to the federal government so it is very likely that the Tennesee state constitution allows them too (especially if they are claiming health risks, and only wanting to notify parents, not do anything more). I personally think it's absurd and none of the government's business. Certainly, even given the health risks I think the counselor should be able to decide on a case by case basis of whether parents needed notification in some fashion. I just hate the idea of some absolute and frankly pointless law being put in place where the last thing this country needs is more legislation and government involvement. Yes they are public schools, but they should be run as much as possible at a local level and not by people in the state or national capital.

#120 Posted by jimkabrhel (15625 posts) -

*before looking at story, guesses southern state Republican*

Completely correct.

Dumba** politicians FTL.

#121 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15755 posts) -

Because a proposal by one guy is a reflection on the whole party. You need to go read some of the f***ing stupid proposals that are put forth by law makers. Very few ever make it out of committee.  

Jacobistheman
Last time he presented the "Don't say gay bill", it passed the Senate. Not saying it will pass the senate and/or the house but it's more than just a stupid proposal
#122 Posted by Ncsoftlover (2152 posts) -

I'm just going to say both parties are doomed if the crazies become their faces.

I was on a political thread on Reddit a few weeks ago and some of the more vocal liberals in it were calling meth a "soft drug" and legalizing it would stop all gang violence.

As a Republican myself, I'm embarrased by what some of the people in the party say, but the real logic lies with the moderates.

WiiCubeM1

there is nothing illogical about legalizing meth.

#123 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

I'd rather report the people who are psychologically damaged and are possible candidates for the next school massacre, but ok.

#124 Posted by Yusuke420 (2770 posts) -

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

I'm just going to say both parties are doomed if the crazies become their faces.

I was on a political thread on Reddit a few weeks ago and some of the more vocal liberals in it were calling meth a "soft drug" and legalizing it would stop all gang violence.

As a Republican myself, I'm embarrased by what some of the people in the party say, but the real logic lies with the moderates.

Ncsoftlover

Repbulicans believe that if something is legal, that consumption will rise drastically. The evidence shows that this isn't the case. In fact since the repeal of prohibition, drinking has declined. 

#125 Posted by Rich3232 (2628 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

Yusuke420

Repbulicans believe that if something is legal, that consumption will rise drastically. The evidence shows that this isn't the case. In fact since the repeal of prohibition, drinking has declined. 

There's very few pros on keeping drugs illegal and many, many cons for doing so.
#126 Posted by thegerg (18267 posts) -
It would allow them to report str@ights too.
#127 Posted by Jacobistheman (3975 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jacobistheman"]

Ring_of_fire
Last time he presented the "Don't say gay bill", it passed the Senate. Not saying it will pass the senate and/or the house but it's more than just a stupid proposal

It is a proposal in a State House of Representatives. I don't see how this is somehow a reflection on the whole republican party?
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
#128 Posted by chessmaster1989 (30204 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"][QUOTE="Jacobistheman"]

Jacobistheman

It is a proposal in a State House of Representatives. I don't see how this is somehow a reflection on the whole republican party?

Well Republicans are overwhelmingly against same sex marriage.
#129 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15755 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"][QUOTE="Jacobistheman"]

Jacobistheman

A)I never said it did
B) an earlier bill of 2011 was passed by the TN Senate. Again, I make no gurantees that this bill will pass either the house or the senate.

#130 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15062 posts) -

Update: Story

A constituent E-mailed Mr. Campfield the following:

Senator Campfield,
I am writing to you today as a mother, active citizen and born & raised Tennessean. You are an embarrassment to our great state. Folks all over the country and here in Tennessee are looking at the bills that you are proposing in shock. They are the most ignorant and morally lacking legislation that could be proposed this year. It is clear that you are targeting homosexuals and low income families(1) with hogwash legislation. You need to search your heart, your values and your Christianity to find a better way to represent us as a whole. We will do everything in our power to make sure that you are not here in 2014. There are numerous grass roots parties that are making their voices heard.

And this is his response:

You seem to have some serious, deep anger issues. Have you ever thought about therapy? I hear they are doing some wonderful thing with medications these days.

Yours in service,

Sen. Stacey Campfield

:lol:

When asked about the E-mail, he replied:

"I take responsibility for everything that comes out of my office. There is a very loud, very vocal two percent of the community, more or less the homosexual activist community who likes to threaten, intimidates, insult, belittle people. You know what I'm not going to put up with it. That's not my job. I'm not here to be somebody's piñata," said Campfield.

(1) - His assult on low-income families is from piece of legistlation where he proposes that if a person is recieving assistance and their kids don't make a certain grade in school, that assistance will be cut off.

#131 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

Update: Story

A constituent E-mailed Mr. Campfield the following:

Senator Campfield,
I am writing to you today as a mother, active citizen and born & raised Tennessean. You are an embarrassment to our great state. Folks all over the country and here in Tennessee are looking at the bills that you are proposing in shock. They are the most ignorant and morally lacking legislation that could be proposed this year. It is clear that you are targeting homosexuals and low income families(1) with hogwash legislation. You need to search your heart, your values and your Christianity to find a better way to represent us as a whole. We will do everything in our power to make sure that you are not here in 2014. There are numerous grass roots parties that are making their voices heard.

And this is his response:

You seem to have some serious, deep anger issues. Have you ever thought about therapy? I hear they are doing some wonderful thing with medications these days.

Yours in service,

Sen. Stacey Campfield

:lol:

When asked about the E-mail, he replied:

"I take responsibility for everything that comes out of my office. There is a very loud, very vocal two percent of the community, more or less the homosexual activist community who likes to threaten, intimidates, insult, belittle people. You know what I'm not going to put up with it. That's not my job. I'm not here to be somebody's piñata," said Campfield.

(1) - His assult on low-income families is from piece of legistlation where he proposes that if a person is recieving assistance and their kids don't make a certain grade in school, that assistance will be cut off.

br0kenrabbit

Replace gay people with the non-religious and it's the same sad old story.  Dumb hard right conservatives are scary to listen to

#132 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15062 posts) -

Replace gay people with the non-religious and it's the same sad old story.  Dumb hard right conservatives are scary to listen to

wis3boi

That girl in your sig has no pants. I was going to post something relevant, but that girl in your sig has no pants.

#133 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

br0kenrabbit

That girl in your sig has no pants. I was going to post something relevant, but that girl in your sig has no pants.

pants are for squares

#134 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15062 posts) -

pants are for squares

wis3boi

Call me jaded, but I've never met a girl who looks better naked than she does in panties.

Mmmm....dammit my girl is at work till 2am, you ass. :evil:

#136 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

pants are for squares

br0kenrabbit

Call me jaded, but I've never met a girl who looks better naked than she does in panties.

Mmmm....dammit my girl is at work till 2am, you ass. :evil:

pants off dance off

NcfVvKk.jpg

#137 Posted by CountBleck12 (4740 posts) -

It seems discrimination has no end, this proposal is stupid.

#138 Posted by soulless4now (41388 posts) -

Has to be the dumbest proposal so far this year.