Political correctness is a Soviet/Marxist plot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GazaAli
#1 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

I was searching for something when I stumbled upon this rather lengthy and to put it mildly, amusing blog:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread983124/pg1&mem=

It is a lengthy read, but its rewarding I promise.

Avatar image for GazaAli
#2 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

I actually can't believe I read the entire thing. Honestly, its kind of befuddling that someone out there had the time and the drive to right all of this, not to mention how convoluted and deliberate it is. Here is a quote, some sort of a tl;dr:

"By the early 1990s "political correctness" had taken over large parts of American society. A vast majority now agreed that Americans "backward people" and that only the big cities on the East and West Coast were "metropolitan". The truth is of course that America has always been the most naturally multi-cultural country on the planet and that its people were generally of a positive and energetic nature, that Freedom and Education was important to Americans, that most of the Worlds new Inventions come from America.The Soviet message however, insisted that Americans are generally genocidal (referring to the treatment Native Americans), slave-owners, Vietnam baby-killers, oppressive of all minorities and destroying the environment.

The Soviet campaign was a huge success. Every ear hundreds of movies, books and newspaper articles a year downplay Americas achievements and bright sides and emphasize Americas cruelty, mistakes and evils. Twenty years after the fall of the Soviet Union, the PC-Machine is still churning it out. Instead of seeing "being American" with a sense of optimism and shared purpose and destiny, many now believe that America is evil beyond redemption, the culprit of vast conspiracies, dominated by the "military industrial complex"and a cause of atrocities around the world (of course the "anti-war" protests were much, much stronger before Obama was in power...which also has a PC-Progressive reason). Today even Middle Eastern extremists rely word-for-word on the Lenin-Stalin script created almost a century ago.

America is no longer "The Greatest Nation on Earth". America is no longer #1 in anything. In Education its not even in the Top 10. In math not even in the top 30. People of all nations used to send their children to American Universities because they had the reputation to be the best in the World. After having been infiltarted by Soviet PC-Progressivism, they of course no longer are. After all, "competition" is seen as an undesirable remnant of outmoded "racist/capitalist/sexist agendas" by the PC-Elite. Ironically, Communist China is now #1 in math. This is ironic, because China contributed to the Soviets infiltration of academic America."

Avatar image for RushKing
#3 Edited by RushKing (1785 posts) -
Loading Video...

Competition has become too PC.

Avatar image for chaplainDMK
#4 Posted by chaplainDMK (7004 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

I actually can't believe I read the entire thing. Honestly, its kind of befuddling that someone out there had the time and the drive to right all of this, not to mention how convoluted and deliberate it is. Here is a quote, some sort of a tl;dr:

"By the early 1990s "political correctness" had taken over large parts of American society. A vast majority now agreed that Americans "backward people" and that only the big cities on the East and West Coast were "metropolitan". The truth is of course that America has always been the most naturally multi-cultural country on the planet and that its people were generally of a positive and energetic nature, that Freedom and Education was important to Americans, that most of the Worlds new Inventions come from America.The Soviet message however, insisted that Americans are generally genocidal (referring to the treatment Native Americans), slave-owners, Vietnam baby-killers, oppressive of all minorities and destroying the environment.

The Soviet campaign was a huge success. Every ear hundreds of movies, books and newspaper articles a year downplay Americas achievements and bright sides and emphasize Americas cruelty, mistakes and evils. Twenty years after the fall of the Soviet Union, the PC-Machine is still churning it out. Instead of seeing "being American" with a sense of optimism and shared purpose and destiny, many now believe that America is evil beyond redemption, the culprit of vast conspiracies, dominated by the "military industrial complex"and a cause of atrocities around the world (of course the "anti-war" protests were much, much stronger before Obama was in power...which also has a PC-Progressive reason). Today even Middle Eastern extremists rely word-for-word on the Lenin-Stalin script created almost a century ago.

America is no longer "The Greatest Nation on Earth". America is no longer #1 in anything. In Education its not even in the Top 10. In math not even in the top 30. People of all nations used to send their children to American Universities because they had the reputation to be the best in the World. After having been infiltarted by Soviet PC-Progressivism, they of course no longer are. After all, "competition" is seen as an undesirable remnant of outmoded "racist/capitalist/sexist agendas" by the PC-Elite. Ironically, Communist China is now #1 in math. This is ironic, because China contributed to the Soviets infiltration of academic America."

How can you take people seriously when they label everything a Marxist-Leninist plot?

Sure, some of what he says has some weight, but just because he is rambling on how the "dirty commies" made this up make him loose credibility with me

Avatar image for playmynutz
#5 Posted by playmynutz (7914 posts) -

Well Obama did tell Putin he would loosen up for the second term

Avatar image for themajormayor
#6 Edited by themajormayor (25642 posts) -

He actually has alot of good points.

Avatar image for GazaAli
#7 Edited by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

He actually has alot of good points.

What good points man? I loath political correctness and don't give two fucks about it, but this rambling made no sense at all. I'm not referring to the effects and actual purposes PC has been engineered for, I'm talking about the whole "the soviets did it" part and the alleged association with Marx.

I tell you, Marx may very much turn out to be the single most misunderstood and misrepresented person ever walked on earth. Never in my life, to this day at least, have I been exposed to such intellect and superior philosophy.

Avatar image for Masculus
#8 Edited by Masculus (2878 posts) -

The PCness and the post modernist shit comes mostly from the dissidence from orthodox marxism (i.e., the soviet stalinist version), french authors, psychoanalysis, feminists and minority groups. That's hardly a soviet plot. Rather it's just a thing coming from within, to bury whats left of the Elightenment in the west.

Avatar image for GazaAli
#9 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

@Masculus said:

The PCness and the post modernist shit comes mostly from the dissidence from orthodox marxism (i.e., the soviet stalinist version), french authors, psychoanalysis, feminists and minority groups. That's hardly a soviet plot. Rather it's just a thing coming from within, to bury whats left of the Elightenment in the west.

Would you care to elaborate on this please?

Avatar image for MrGeezer
#10 Posted by MrGeezer (59237 posts) -

Political correctness is a natural consequence of freedom of association. That's really it, basically. It's just people trying to cover their own asses due to an inability to control the population. It's right there in the title: POLITICAL correctness. We've all seen politicians making empty promises and saying lies. It's not just for shits and giggles, it's because they're trying to please the people who can be of benefit to them. That's not to say that being "politically correct" doesn't sometimes result in dumbassery, but the point is in the actual agenda. It's fucking stupid to make the agenda out to be some kind of promotion of marxism, when the agenda is actually PURE SELF INTEREST. When you want or need x from someone, and when that person is totally free to not give x to you, then it's just common fucking knowledge to not piss off the people who have x.

Avatar image for GazaAli
#11 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

Political correctness is a natural consequence of freedom of association. That's really it, basically. It's just people trying to cover their own asses due to an inability to control the population. It's right there in the title: POLITICAL correctness. We've all seen politicians making empty promises and saying lies. It's not just for shits and giggles, it's because they're trying to please the people who can be of benefit to them. That's not to say that being "politically correct" doesn't sometimes result in dumbassery, but the point is in the actual agenda. It's fucking stupid to make the agenda out to be some kind of promotion of marxism, when the agenda is actually PURE SELF INTEREST. When you want or need x from someone, and when that person is totally free to not give x to you, then it's just common fucking knowledge to not piss off the people who have x.

But that doesn't explain why societies or different political regimes bend over to political correctness and its different expressions and representations. I'm not implying anything in particular here, but I personally find it extremely hard to believe that its merely incidental that minorities are receiving an amount of attention and influence that is disproportionate to their demographic volume. The argument that people have evolved and now are more progressive and tolerant is absolutely moot as you only find this "progressiveness" and "tolerance" in a number of rather peculiar sociopolitical issues. For example everybody loses their minds when the issue of how gays cannot be freely gays in Russia is brought up while at the same time no one gives a **** about the 120,000 death toll of the Syrian conflict.

Avatar image for thebest31406
#12 Edited by thebest31406 (3775 posts) -

It's like their minds are stuck between the 50s and present day.

Avatar image for comp_atkins
#13 Posted by comp_atkins (34526 posts) -

yeah, i stopped after the first few sentences.. it sounds like an 8th grader wrote this..

Avatar image for MrGeezer
#14 Posted by MrGeezer (59237 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@MrGeezer said:

Political correctness is a natural consequence of freedom of association. That's really it, basically. It's just people trying to cover their own asses due to an inability to control the population. It's right there in the title: POLITICAL correctness. We've all seen politicians making empty promises and saying lies. It's not just for shits and giggles, it's because they're trying to please the people who can be of benefit to them. That's not to say that being "politically correct" doesn't sometimes result in dumbassery, but the point is in the actual agenda. It's fucking stupid to make the agenda out to be some kind of promotion of marxism, when the agenda is actually PURE SELF INTEREST. When you want or need x from someone, and when that person is totally free to not give x to you, then it's just common fucking knowledge to not piss off the people who have x.

But that doesn't explain why societies or different political regimes bend over to political correctness and its different expressions and representations. I'm not implying anything in particular here, but I personally find it extremely hard to believe that its merely incidental that minorities are receiving an amount of attention and influence that is disproportionate to their demographic volume. The argument that people have evolved and now are more progressive and tolerant is absolutely moot as you only find this "progressiveness" and "tolerance" in a number of rather peculiar sociopolitical issues. For example everybody loses their minds when the issue of how gays cannot be freely gays in Russia is brought up while at the same time no one gives a **** about the 120,000 death toll of the Syrian conflict.

Because people care about gays but don't care about Syrians. Now, as far as WHY people care about gays but not Syrians, that's another issue. But political correctness is about the REACTION to public sentiment, not the sentiment itself. This is far simpler than you're making it out to be.

Avatar image for osirisx3
#15 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

right wingers think hate is okay then i guess

Avatar image for vfibsux
#16 Posted by vfibsux (4497 posts) -

@osirisx3 said:

right wingers think hate is okay then i guess

Did you drool as you typed that?

Avatar image for necroplazma
#17 Posted by Necroplazma (33 posts) -

PC really has nothing to do with the Soviet Union. It seemingly originated from the revisionist/renegade Marxists from the Frankfurt School.