Plans for the long haul enduring this Quarantine/Self-Isolation?

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

The corona virus is not slowing down and it seems pretty clear that we will have to endure atleast a few more weeks of self isolating/distancing and trying to stay inside. What are your plans to do during this time?

I drank a bit the first couple days of it last week, but have since been using this time to be more productive. Started meditating, reading/learning a lot more about topics that interest me, and have started writing again. I figure as bad as the times are and our situation is we might as well make the best of it by using this time in isolation to better our minds and selves, and come out of this feeling as best we can.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

-Playing video games ( I am currently on Bayonetta and GOW3)

- I used to smoke weed, but now I watch TV Shows, and Stand up comedy

- I am also going to lift some weights at my own house

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I've thought about maybe trying online dating again, since EVERONE will be a recluse. But then I remember how fucking shit much previous experiences were and that I'm destined to be perpetually single. Probably won't bother at all.

Otherwise, same things I do everyday, Pinky.

My employer is also considering work at home. I've signed the paperwork, in case it comes to that.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

My life hasn't changed much. I still go to work. My wife and I hang out at home like we always have. We are fixing the house up to sell though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

Play Alyx, watch DS9.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

Gaming plans:

• Finish Doom: Eternal, 30 minutes at a time (b/c that's about as much of this intense game I can handle)
  • Play HL: Alyx tomorrow
  • Finally learn to fly the A-10C in DCS World.

Personal plans:

• Finally put my "home gym" (it's more just a stationary bike, some weights, and a bench) to use and get moving
  • Keep working; I'm lucky enough to be deemed essential by my state, so I can actually go to work and earn a paycheck.
  • Watch Clone Wars
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Lost my job so I'm filling out applications. Also, I've been doing some housework such as cleaning up the kitchen.

In terms of entertaining myself I've got podcasts, audiobooks, and tv. I intend to pick up some puzzles in the near future for my wife and I to do together. Also, my wife and I have been playing Uno together, which is fun, but obviously less so then if we had more than just two people.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Entered self-made retirement in 2004 so I'm not hurting as far as work goes. However, I usually eat my main meal out most days. Like Red Lobster, Waffle House, Outback, etc. Obviously, that's not happening. Won't do pick up cause I don't like cold food.

I love to cook but I can't find the most basic ingredients ATM. A nice good steak or pot roast would be nice but I can't find meats. I had to buy TV dinners just to have something with meat in it. I HATE TV dinners.

Know what else I can't find? Razors. Fucking razor blades, man.

For the long haul I have no plans. Just whatever. If society breaks down I can live off the land around here, especially it being spring now.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

Entered self-made retirement in 2004 so I'm not hurting as far as work goes. However, I usually eat my main meal out most days. Like Red Lobster, Waffle House, Outback, etc. Obviously, that's not happening. Won't do pick up cause I don't like cold food.

I love to cook but I can't find the most basic ingredients ATM. A nice good steak or pot roast would be nice but I can't find meats. I had to buy TV dinners just to have something with meat in it. I HATE TV dinners.

Know what else I can't find? Razors. Fucking razor blades, man.

For the long haul I have no plans. Just whatever. If society breaks down I can live off the land around here, especially it being spring now.

Speaking of cooking, my wife, Julia, and I had a Lord of the Rings day yesterday where we had a Sackville Cider straight from the Shire in New Zealand, lembas bread that I made, and watched Fellowship of the Ring. Also I made some really damn good steaks a few days before that with some butter, fresh garlic, and thyme (not fresh unfortunately) on my cast iron skillet. Cooking has been good as of late, better than usual I would say.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

Lost my job so I'm filling out applications. Also, I've been doing some housework such as cleaning up the kitchen.

That's too bad. Keep fighting the good fight.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RatchetClank92

Glad to hear a lot of you being productive as well. I think cooking is a great way to keep busy and learn new and fun skills/recipes, and getting some sort of exercise each day is really important to keep your spirits up and so that we don't feel so miserable especially once this is all over.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Digging into things like open source mechanical ventilation production/printing and short courses on the operation of said mechanical ventilators. But my energy level is running low. I don't know that I can figure this all out and help before I 'burn out'.

Anyone who is an engineer, has a lot of experience with 3D modelling and printing things, or has any medical or physics based know-how about these things: there are many on-going projects now trying to solve the shortage of staff and ventilators. So find one and please please help.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

I'm still working 4 days a week. With my 3 days off though, I still have a video game backlog to work through.

I have 6 long boxes of comic books that need to be read before I can put them into my main collection.

Got a dog about 4 months ago that has a lot of energy so I spend half my down time playing with him.

I have 3 bags of charcoal so I will be BBQing every weekend for the next couple months.

I'm not the type that needs to get out too often so I will be just fine on lockdown.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#14 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Whatever the day throws my way really. I’ve just been more concerned about having enough food and bottled water.

I’ve been playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Because the games are played bit by bit day-to-day though, I’d really love to boot up DQ VIII sometime soon. Bought a copy from CeX. Came in great condition.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

In Canada, we'll be lucky if it only lasts "a few more weeks". The US is running straight towards a complete and utter meltdown of their healthcare system (and as a result, society). NYC is seeing cases doubling every day (exponential increase) and Atlanta is already at it's limit for ICU beds (with only 1100 cases statewide).

I'm on self-isolation right now, ending Monday, because both my wife and I were sick, but it ended up not being COVID (symptoms never matched, thankfully). I work in trucking, so despite not working for a company that does essential goods, they are still open, and since I don't qualify for EI (I've moved three companies in the last 12 months), I'm hoping to get a couple weeks of work in so I can cover May rent (since there is yet to be a rent freeze in Canada and landlords are scum).

We've got food enough for a couple weeks, but are going to need more produce and meat soon.

North America is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better. Italy is seeing lots of new cases still, with no sign of it letting up, despite the lockdown. Don't treat this lightly, it's a serious crisis.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#16 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

working from home 9-5ish and playing lots of games. I'm lucky that I can do my job remotely (as long as my internet connection remains stable).

my family owns a small cabin a couple hours out of town so I'll likely spend some weekends there to get some fresh air and escape the city.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

In Canada, we'll be lucky if it only lasts "a few more weeks". The US is running straight towards a complete and utter meltdown of their healthcare system (and as a result, society). NYC is seeing cases doubling every day (exponential increase) and Atlanta is already at it's limit for ICU beds (with only 1100 cases statewide).

You think Americans will finally get around to revamping their healthcare system if that's the case?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17807 Posts

I'm pretty much an indoors (except for some walks), do things by myself kind of person anyway so its mostly business as usual for me.

Probably the biggest change for me is i don't go out walking as often. I like to walk into town and get a couple of long-ish walks in a week. but all that is out. Ring fit adventure keeps me honest though :P.

I am also working from home now, which i don't like at all, but needs must and all that.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

You think Americans will finally get around to revamping their healthcare system if that's the case?

They'll have no choice. Millions are going to die. There won't be a way for any corporate shill politician to spin that. Trump is already calling for people to go back to work next week, right at the height of the outbreak.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RatchetClank92

It’ll be brutally tough times for people just living off the EI or whatever government emergency funds they can get. To come out of this and still have to pay for months worth of bills/rent/mortgage after not having a chance to even save up or earn money towards paying for all this. I can see suicide rates going up as a result of the stress and depression.