#1 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4929 posts) -

Looks decent.

#2 Posted by johnd13 (9771 posts) -

I am. Patrick Stewart's Star Trek movies is the only Star Trek I've watched so it's good to see him back.

#3 Posted by Solaryellow (5089 posts) -

Can't be any worse than what we saw in the theaters 2009-16, right?

#4 Posted by sealionact (4071 posts) -

As long as we can pretend the current Star Trek series never happened....then yes, I'm ready for some more Trekking....

#5 Posted by Heirren (2216 posts) -

@Solaryellow:

Third film was pretty. Good villian.

#6 Posted by judaspete (3070 posts) -

Not really excited, but interested. I hope it's good.

#7 Posted by SOedipus (11548 posts) -

@judaspete said:

Not really excited, but interested. I hope it's good.

My feelings exactly.

#8 Posted by DaVillain- (37471 posts) -

After watching CBS trailer, it was way better than I could have expected! Hope the story holds up but man, it was okay. We are so lucky to have the vast majority of Trek actors alive right now. This is the time to take advantage of that and explore more of their stories. Picard looks like it will give us some of that. For years, I've always wanted to see Picard and Seven interact on screen and it finally happens. I'm not hype for this but I'm more intrigued.

@johnd13 said:

I am. Patrick Stewart's Star Trek movies is the only Star Trek I've watched so it's good to see him back.

Patrick Stewart at 79, and can still captivate an audience. I do generally trust his judgment. I have to admit that my faith in the project was shaken just a bit, when I saw him show up in the trailer for the latest reboot.

#9 Posted by johnd13 (9771 posts) -
@davillain- said:

@johnd13 said:

Patrick Stewart at 79, and can still captivate an audience. I do generally trust his judgment. I have to admit that my faith in the project was shaken just a bit, when I saw him show up in the trailer for the latest reboot.

I read somewhere that he's been asked numerous times over the past years to return as Picard but he refused because he wanted to leave past as it is. But this time around he was really intrigued by what they're planning for his character. This sounds promising to say the least.

#10 Posted by uninspiredcup (34310 posts) -

Picards story ended perfectly at "All Good Things".

I'll watch it, but not expecting much.

#11 Edited by Heirren (2216 posts) -

As long as there are no crew members from the newer films, unless its Zoe. Zoe and Kirk were the strongest cast members(of the crew). The rest were just Dawsons Creek.

#12 Edited by uninspiredcup (34310 posts) -
@heirren said:

As long as there are no crew members from the newer films, unless its Zoe. Zoe and Kirk were the strongest cast members(of the crew). The rest were just Dawsons Creek.

Those movies take place during a different time and different timeline.

TNG takes place about 100 years after the original show.

Voyager/DeepSpace9 took place simultaneously.

#13 Posted by npiet1 (2475 posts) -

I'm excited. I haven't seen the trailer yet. I never really liked Seven though. I also don't mind discovery, it sorta grew on me. I will admit there is a lot of problems with the show.

#14 Posted by Heirren (2216 posts) -

@uninspiredcup:

Im aware.

#15 Posted by CookieCrumbles (29 posts) -

No. It looks absolutely terrible.

Not really sure how they could have done it, but this is not at all what I wanted.

#16 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4929 posts) -

@cookiecrumbles: What did you want?

#17 Posted by CookieCrumbles (29 posts) -

@DEVILinIRON: I guess I hoped it would 1. look more like ST:TNG. 2. Include actors from ST:TNG. It should have really been a ST:TNG reunion show.

#18 Posted by watercrack445 (1719 posts) -

Somtimes I get confused with Star Trek with Stargate.

#19 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166853 posts) -

@cookiecrumbles said:

@DEVILinIRON: I guess I hoped it would 1. look more like ST:TNG. 2. Include actors from ST:TNG. It should have really been a ST:TNG reunion show.

So you want the same old same old rather than new?

#20 Posted by CookieCrumbles (29 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: Pretty much. I wasn't a big fan of the Treks that followed. So if they're going to bring back Picard, why not the rest? Even if only for like two seasons, just do a show where we see how all these other characters have gotten on in life. Would be more interesting than the BS they seem to be pulling.

#21 Posted by PETERAKO (2164 posts) -

At this point I am inclined to believe every rumor about it. Licensed by Amazon for peanuts, rushed, short on budget, abandoned by disgruntled licensees, caught in a sea of convoluted copyright issues, made by the same people who obviously had no idea what they were doing in STD. No. I will keep my distance.

#22 Edited by uninspiredcup (34310 posts) -

@PETERAKO said:

At this point I am inclined to believe every rumor about it. Licensed by Amazon for peanuts, rushed, short on budget, abandoned by disgruntled licensees, caught in a sea of convoluted copyright issues, made by the same people who obviously had no idea what they were doing in STD. No. I will keep my distance.

Sounds about right.

Budget thing don't care too much about, as long as it would have good writing, Discovery looked like a movie, but it couldn't hide how empty and stupid it was. Doubt many people are even watching now.

#23 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44115 posts) -

Picard is arguably the best captain in the whole Star Trek franchise.

Patrick Stewart is an exceptional actor, and seems like a really great, young-at-heart person.

So yeah I expect it to do great things. I mean Stewart is still acting and still doing a great job at it.