DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8762 Posts

I don't have a pet, but I'm looking to attain myself a cat companion soon. Black would be preferable. Here's one I'm considering adopting:

He likes to chill out, looking down from high places.

Post pics of your pets so I can be jealous.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58847 Posts

Yea, that's a nice looking cat. Props if you're getting it from a abandoned or stray.

Left the door open per usual at Christmas and the dogs were interested in something. Came in with all this on their face. Went out the back, they had tipped over and hedgehog and turned it into a Jeffrey Dahmer crime scene.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

Pets are great. I love most animals but I tend to gravitate towards cats myself (growing up we always had at least two cats).

I'd have one now, but sadly I rent (California ain't all great...) and the homeowner doesn't want us having any in the house.

Not sure if you live in a city or not, but make sure the cat can go outside. Indoor-only cats tend to have...issues, at least in my experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Pets are better then humans they don't lie to you.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8762 Posts

@mrbojangles25What kind of issues? Bladder control etc. or cabin fever?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Pets are great. I love most animals but I tend to gravitate towards cats myself (growing up we always had at least two cats).

I'd have one now, but sadly I rent (California ain't all great...) and the homeowner doesn't want us having any in the house.

Not sure if you live in a city or not, but make sure the cat can go outside. Indoor-only cats tend to have...issues, at least in my experience.

I've had, and still have, indoor cats, not sure what you mean. The ones that died lived to about 17-18 years.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

@SOedipus said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I've had, and still have, indoor cats, not sure what you mean. The ones that died lived to about 17-18 years.

Oh I'm sure you can have indoor cats, just saying in my experience I haven't really seen people have the best luck. Peeing everywhere, scratching up furniture, ever-present smell of a litterbox, and trouble adjusting.

Ignore what I said, it's probably the owner or the cat's upbringing (if a rescue) that was the issue.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@SOedipus said:

Oh I'm sure you can have indoor cats, just saying in my experience I haven't really seen people have the best luck. Peeing everywhere, scratching up furniture, ever-present smell of a litterbox, and trouble adjusting.

Ignore what I said, it's probably the owner or the cat's upbringing (if a rescue) that was the issue.

Oh yeah, we had to get our couch replaced but I blame my wife. I was living out of town for a bit and she got a cat when I was gone. Bastard tore up the couch. When I came there I would spray him with a water bottle if he did that, and I sprayed the couch with some cat repellent stuff. He never did it again but the couch was pretty torn. Got a new couch and never had to spray anything or anyone...he knew.

Never had an issue with cats pissing anywhere, a turd here or there but that was when we tried an automatic litter box. Literally scared the shit out of our cat. Ended up being more work than the standard scoop it yourself deal. The smell was bad if I got lazy. Now I scoop it twice daily. Doing it more often feels like I'm doing less work as there's not much to scoop, and no smell.

Yeah, I'd put it on us owners.