Personal experiences on living a satisfied life?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TF626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TF626
Member since 2010 • 593 Posts

Does anybody have any secrets to living a satisfying life? I feel as of late, I haven't been living the life I wanted to. Seeing all my friends settled in, makes me feel like my life has just flown by, but I also acknowledge the fact that I have to change in order to be happy.

I've looked on the internet and read articles. But what has worked for you? Some opinions would be nice.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

Ha. That's funny. You're funny.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6821 Posts

1. Find a philosophy / philosopher with inspiring ideas. Read books related to that subject. Lao Tzu is my personal favourite.

2. Find a hobby that is worth your time.

3. Find a career that you're passionate in, not just one that pays your bills.

4. Volunteer

5. Step out of your comfort zone

6. Watch the film Yes Man

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts

Just do want ya wanna do, spend as little amount of time thinking about it as you can, and don't be afraid of doing it!!

With that happy part, just don't compare your life to other and don't give no crumbs about what others think about ya, I don't mean totally of course hehe, but if someone calls you crazy for being yourself, then foop them.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Live in the moment.

i_waaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 i_waaan
Member since 2013 • 62 Posts

A lot of people complicate life by taking jobs they don't like and rationalize that to themselves by thinking they need to take what they can get to pay their bills......but that's a bunch of bull. Life is too short. The only thing anyone ever needs to do to live a good life is to chase their dreams. Cliché, but the truth. Become the person you pictured yourself being when you were a child. Set out and make things you envisioned earlier in life a reality. At least TRY, at least GO for it...because then when you look back on everything, you can say you gave it your best shot.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@i_waaan said:

A lot of people complicate life by taking jobs they don't like and rationalize that to themselves by thinking they need to take what they can get to pay their bills......but that's a bunch of bull. Life is too short. The only thing anyone ever needs to do to live a good life is to chase their dreams. Cliché, but the truth. Become the person you pictured yourself being when you were a child. Set out and make things you envisioned earlier in life a reality. At least TRY, at least GO for it...because then when you look back on everything, you can say you gave it your best shot.

That's all fine and good if you actually have an idea of what you want to be. Most people don't.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@i_waaan said:

Nothing wrong with wanting the ability to enjoy what life has to offer, including luxuries.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

What I can tell you is that simply progressing through life in the prescribed manor (good job, wife, house, kids, etc) will not be responsible for your happiness.

British_Azimio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 British_Azimio
Member since 2007 • 2459 Posts
@roulettethedog said:

Drink lots of beer.

From years of personal experience, I have to say this man is on to something.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

@junglist101 said:

What I can tell you is that simply progressing through life in the prescribed manor (good job, wife, house, kids, etc) will not be responsible for your happiness.

i feel like that's why i am unhappy atm cause i have none of those.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

If you want to be happy in life, the biggest thing I learned is you have to accept and be comfortable with who you are. I don't think a lot of people truly know themselves. If there is a goal you would like to achieve pursue it. You'll look back on this someday, and realize your life passed you by. Remember we are only in this world for a small amount of time. Take advantage of it, get out of your comfortable zone.

Also find a job you are passionate about, as they say if you find a job you truly enjoy, you'll never work a single day in your life.

touchscreenpad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 touchscreenpad
Member since 2013 • 220 Posts

You want to be satisfied? Think about all you got being gone, imagine it so hard that you almost convince yourself that it's true for a moment. Then see everything you got is still there with you.

Better yet, have yourself dream a nightmare that any of your loved ones are gone then wake up from that nightmare and see that that loved one of yours is still alive and well. Or any nightmare like that. But I don't know how you're gonna force it though.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

Don't live for the sake of yourself but for the sake of others.

Be appreciative and always content in what you already have.

Never be stagnant in life, always pursuing your goals.

Seek to know the graciousness of God - being in awe of him truly is a fantastic notion.

Believe in something bigger than yourself.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

@-Renegade said:

@junglist101 said:

i feel like that's why i am unhappy atm cause i have none of those.

Happiness comes from within.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_lance
Lone_Wolf_Lance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Lone_Wolf_Lance
Member since 2013 • 124 Posts

Satisfied life... meh. All I can say is that procrastination is a bitch.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Beer.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points