Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 251 Posts

Have you ever met somebody who says one thing but does another, refusing to act they way they talk? I have a good story of somebody who does this: I remember I was once eating a quiche meal with my family and some visitors. I noticed that the quiche had a bit too much spinach in it, so I decided to take some of the spinach out of and put it on the plate. When one of the visitors saw me do this, he got angry at me and said "don't do that, there are people on this planet who are dying of starvation, and here you are throwing food away, eat your food and don't be so disrespectful". This made me feel ashamed of myself so I decided to eat all of the spinach out of respect.

Well anyways, a few weeks later, I visited the house of the same person who scolded me for throwing the spinach away. This guy ordered some pizzas, picked them up from the store and drove back home. When he opened the pizza boxes, he noticed the pizzas had the wrong sauce. He got so angry that he decided to drive all the way back to the store to complain and replace the pizzas with new pizzas with the correct sauce. The old pizzas with the wrong sauce were thrown away into garbage, meaning they were totally wasted. This is the same guy who got angry at me for getting rid of a tiny bit of spinach, yet here he is throwing away two perfectly good pizzas. And this isn't the first time he failed to act the way he spoke.

Wondering if anybody else here has any examples of people who do this same thing? Feel free to share any stories.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 1126 Posts

Of course it happens all the time!

I am also guilty of doing so and I suspect the majority of us have done the same and many not even recognising it.

Governments are in particular guilty of this.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts

You mean hypocrites. The churches are full of them.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 5264 Posts

Reads thread title.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

Yes. I just moved to the PNW and all the nature loving smokers throw their butts out the car window. Or at a bar they were throwing butts off the pier and into the water. I'm a smoker too, so when in Rome, as they say. I wouldn't want to be a contrarian.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lavamelon

@br0kenrabbit said:

Not true, I go to church, but I am no hypocrite. I even met my wife at church, and she is no hypocrite either. The priests son was the best man at my wedding, and he is a cool guy too.

I don't like the stereotype that Christians are hypocrites. Yes I will admit there are a few bad apples out there, but to say we are all hypocrites? Nonsense.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 br0kenrabbit

@lavamelon said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Not true, I go to church, but I am no hypocrite. I even met my wife at church, and she is no hypocrite either. The priests son was the best man at my wedding, and he is a cool guy too.

I don't like the stereotype that Christians are hypocrites. Yes I will admit there are a few bad apples out there, but to say we are all hypocrites? Nonsense.

Good for you. But I can't count the number of divorced-and-remarried couples I knew in church growing up who condemned any kind of sex outside 'appropriate marriage'. I knew deacons who would beat their wives and kids, pastors who went out on their wives, Sunday school teachers who cursed like a storm at home or listened to vulgar music in their cars...

Christians, according to their own scripture, should be apart from the world. Yet I can't tell them apart from anybody else.

What else do you call that?

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lavamelon

@br0kenrabbit: Everything you mentioned is the total opposite of what I have seen at my church. I have only seen 2 or 3 divorced couples in church during my lifetime, and this is a huge church with hundreds of people. Only a few divorces among hundreds of people? Those are pretty reasonable statistics to me.

As for listening to vulgar music, even if a Christian listens to that type of music (I personally don’t), they are likely only paying attention to the beat rather than the lyrics. It’s similar to how some Christians play violent games like Halo and Diablo, but we would never perform the actions of these games in real life. Purely for recreational purposes and nothing more. I don’t get my moral guidelines from playing Diablo.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 br0kenrabbit

@lavamelon said:

@br0kenrabbit: Everything you mentioned is the total opposite of what I have seen at my church. I have only seen 2 or 3 divorced couples in church during my lifetime, and this is a huge church with hundreds of people.

Not megachurches here. Little red brick churches. Lots of them. Sometimes more than one per block. Maybe 150-180 people at the larger ones. Southern Baptists, that old Fire and Brimestone preaching. You know, where the preacher gets so ranting mad that he forgets to breath and goes AHH after every few words gasping for air:

Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46951 Posts

That guy in your example sounds like a bit of a dick.

@kadin_kai said:

Of course it happens all the time!

I am also guilty of doing so and I suspect the majority of us have done the same and many not even recognising it.

Governments are in particular guilty of this.

Yeah, we are only human after all :)

avichay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 avichay
Member since 2020 • 6 Posts

I might be one of the member of that people, sometimes i cant make my own decision myself.

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 158 Posts

little pricks ;)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46951 Posts

Literally everyone is guilty of doing this.