People have officially lost their minds.

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@The-Apostle said:
@darkmark91 said:

Well at least that camera has a lot of BIG historic value to it. Tbh I thought that was kind of cheap for it to be sold, I was expecting a couple millions. After all, this painting was sold for about $44 Million...

Yes that is right, and here is the source.

LOLWTF?! That's just a poorly drawn line (I say poorly-drawn due to the smudged edges).

I'd maybe pay 10 bucks for it, if that. Personally, I think it's a# worthless painting some child can make.

And the Mona Lisa is just paint on a canvas. Action Comics #1 is just a comic book for dumbass barely literate kids. The camera from the moon is just a bit of metal, glass, and plastic.

The TC is an obvious troll, but it's comments like yours that give him validity. You're making the EXACT same argument that he was, only he was doing it to deliberately try to be funny and as far as I can tell you're dead serious. If you can look at this painting and say that it's JUST a poorly drawn line, then it's equally valid for me to poop on a historic monument and say, "who cares, it's just a bunch of rocks."

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@The-Apostle said:
@darkmark91 said:

Well at least that camera has a lot of BIG historic value to it. Tbh I thought that was kind of cheap for it to be sold, I was expecting a couple millions. After all, this painting was sold for about $44 Million...

Yes that is right, and here is the source.

LOLWTF?! That's just a poorly drawn line (I say poorly-drawn due to the smudged edges).

I'd maybe pay 10 bucks for it, if that. Personally, I think it's a# worthless painting some child can make.

And the Mona Lisa is just paint on a canvas. Action Comics #1 is just a comic book for dumbass barely literate kids. The camera from the moon is just a bit of metal, glass, and plastic.

The TC is an obvious troll, but it's comments like yours that give him validity. You're making the EXACT same argument that he was, only he was doing it to deliberately try to be funny and as far as I can tell you're dead serious. If you can look at this painting and say that it's JUST a poorly drawn line, then it's equally valid for me to poop on a historic monument and say, "who cares, it's just a bunch of rocks."

No it's not. Depending on what statue you are talking about, those rocks are assembled with amazing craftmanship. Very different to a bunch of non-assembled rocks. That on the other hand really is just a poorly drawn line.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@themajormayor said:

No it's not. Depending on what statue you are talking about, those rocks are assembled with amazing craftmanship. Very different to a bunch of non-assembled rocks. That on the other hand really is just a poorly drawn line.

You say that the line is poorly drawn, but there's nothing inherently making any line better than any other. You say that the rocks are assembled with amazing craftsmanship, but there's nothing inherently making any formation of rocks better than any other. Do you see why reductionism fails when it comes to worth or value? In order to assign worth or value to an object, you have to draw on something that is NOT in that object. Hell, the mere act of saying that the line is poorly drawn is to state that it's not just a line. If it's just a line, then there is no good or bad.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@moloch999 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/03/24/camera-used-on-moon-landing-sold-for-75848/

This camera sold for almost 1 million dollars when you can get a camera 100 times better than that for 500 dollars at best buy.

Because the Camera at Best Buy isn't a one-of-a-kind item that has been to the moon, is a collector's item, and is a piece of history?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

I'd maybe pay 10 bucks for it, if that. Personally, I think it's a worthless painting some child can make.

I wouldn't pay 10 bucks to watch the Packers play a game at Lambeau Field, but that doesn't mean the same experience isn't priceless to someone else. How much would you pay for Aaron Roger's game used helmet or jersey? I mean, they're just plastic and some paint.

moloch999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 moloch999
Member since 2014 • 155 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

@moloch999 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/03/24/camera-used-on-moon-landing-sold-for-75848/

This camera sold for almost 1 million dollars when you can get a camera 100 times better than that for 500 dollars at best buy.

Because the Camera at Best Buy isn't a one-of-a-kind item that has been to the moon, is a collector's item, and is a piece of history?

We never landed on the moon. Don't read tabloids.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

@moloch999 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@moloch999 said:

We never landed on the moon. Don't read tabloids.

Learn to read real news, rather than going to some conspiracy nutjob's website.