People buy fashion from supermarkets these days. It is hilarious.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

Through history, fashion was made by tailors. Best fashion by the best tailors, such as Savile Row.

And if you went about in home made clothes, you were seen as poor.

And later when mass produced clothes appeared on these new 'department stores', they were seen fit clothing only for the poor masses. Working class, you know.

And today?

Today, people go to supermarkets for fashion!

They buy branded wear that was mass produced in Malaysia by kids, and they think they are buying fashion statements!

This. Is. Hilarious. Oh dear yes.

For the first time in human history, mass produced, low quality clothes have become the height of fashion!

Ah-hah-hah.

Well, if you don't mind, I'll stick with my Savile Row tailor. Splendid chap. Been in the trade for ages.

#2 Posted by Star67 (4451 posts) -

@henrythefifth:

FASHION noun

1. 1.a popular trend, especially in styles of dress and ornament or manners of behavior.

Sorry to burst your bubble but fashion is NOT determined by how expensive or well crafted certain clothes are. Fashion is derivative of culture thus the reason different parts of the world have unique fashion.

In the US a big fashion trend is to buy second hand from places like goodwill or salvation army, not to for the intent to dress poor, but to be financially savvy and to have creative freedom in what they wear.

Parts of the middle east have conservative dress for women based on religion, this is a cultural decision and dictates their fashion.

And you @henrythefifth are apart of a culture as well, apparently some kind of British Aristocrat type culture, I'm sure where you live you might be seen as fashionable, but dress like that in the US and people will think you're part of some Christmas play set in the 1800's

#3 Posted by phbz (4586 posts) -

Most stupid thread ever?

#4 Edited by rmpumper (669 posts) -

First of all, fashion is not a thing in times of individualism.

Second, who gives a shit? Only idiots and trust fund kids pay thousands for a peace of cloth only because it has a bullshit fashion house label on it.

#5 Posted by warmblur (2798 posts) -

@rmpumper said:

First of all, fashion is not a thing in times of individualism.

Second, who gives a shit? Only idiots and trust fund kids pay thousand for a peace of cloth only because it has a bullshit fashion house label on it.

My thoughts exactly.

#6 Posted by jaydan (2389 posts) -

Hello chap, I can see through your post and through your computer screen with the power of my fancy monocle, and I can see you don't even wear Savile Row but a pair of boxer brief's and Doritos cheese staining your nipples.

#7 Posted by DaVillain- (37531 posts) -

#8 Edited by br0kenrabbit (16137 posts) -

Never fancied myself to be a pretty boy.

#9 Posted by comp_atkins (35805 posts) -

lol what?

clothing insecurity?

#10 Posted by Gaming-Planet (20006 posts) -

It's just more convenient.

#11 Posted by watercrack445 (1730 posts) -

I didn't know you could make clothes out of fruits and veggies.

#12 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15781 posts) -

Oh, yeah...this thread's going well.