Pedophilia Officially Classified as Sexual Orientation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by thegerg (18399 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch: Again, it's got nothing to do with semantics.

#202 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Man gay pushing agendas, the rise in the fakeness of transgenders not being considered an illness when it is and is treated in the same way as one, being supported, a brief legal movement on bestiality, and now pedophiles are being a sexual orientation.

The new Rome will fall. I can see the 2016 president getting shot on the footstep of city hall, and then anarchy, and we will be a small capital of the new canada.

There's enough stupid in that one post to fill up a confederate revolutionary gang.

Or the entire confederate army.

#203 Edited by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

How isn't it a sexual orientation?

Saying it is doesn't mean it's ok to have sex with kids.

Exactly this.

#204 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

@TacticalDesire said:

@toast_burner said:

Exactly this.

Sexual orientations and paraphilias are two different things.

#205 Edited by toast_burner (24939 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

@TacticalDesire said:

@toast_burner said:

Exactly this.

Depends on how you define sexual orientation

#206 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@Makhaidos said:

@TacticalDesire said:

@toast_burner said:

Exactly this.

Stop trying to be philisophical. Sexual orientation is simply what you like to orient your sex into.

#207 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@Makhaidos said:

@TacticalDesire said:

@toast_burner said:

Exactly this.

No, it doesn't. Sexual orientation and paraphilias are two different things.

An example of a paraphilia is intense sexual gratification from feet. That is not a sexual orientation, and it's impossible to argue that it is.

#208 Edited by toast_burner (24939 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

@toast_burner said:

@Makhaidos said:

@TacticalDesire said:

@toast_burner said:

Exactly this.

No, it doesn't. Sexual orientation and paraphilias are two different things.

An example of a paraphilia is intense sexual gratification from feet. That is not a sexual orientation, and it's impossible to argue that it is.

Sorry I misread your post.

#209 Posted by worlock77 (22552 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@thegerg said:

It's got nothing to do with semantics, but rather with law.

You are an insufferably dry person to talk to.

You seem to be very confused. The human body is around 57% water. It is impossible for thegerg or any person to be dry.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
#210 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4889 posts) -

@thegerg: zzzzzzzzz.....

#211 Posted by foxhound_fox (97029 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

You seem to be very confused. The human body is around 57% water. It is impossible for thegerg or any person to be dry.

#212 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@thegerg said:

Actually, thegerg is not a person, but a collection of nonpersonal data on a electronic stream. The person who uses the account thegerg is 57% water.

#213 Edited by Laihendi (5876 posts) -

It is good to see that it is now recognized as an orientation. Of course, intelligent people who practice rational thinking uninhibited by emotional impairments did not need to be told so by the American Psychiatric Association to figure this out.

And now I will explicitly state that child rape is wrong, just in case some idiot decides to claim that I am stating otherwise.

#214 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

@Laihendi said:

It is good to see that it is now recognized as an orientation. Of course, intelligent people who practice rational thinking uninhibited by emotional impairments did not need to be told so by the American Psychiatric Association to figure this out.

And now I will explicitly state that child rape is wrong, just in case some idiot decides to claim that I am stating otherwise.

Good to see you read the entire thread.

#215 Posted by deeliman (3803 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@thegerg said:

"It is impossible for thegerg or any person to be dry.''

Your statement is ridiculously factually incorrect. He can get dehydrated by not drinking water, thus making him dry.

#216 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

@deeliman said:

@worlock77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@thegerg said:

"It is impossible for thegerg or any person to be dry.''

Your statement is ridiculously factually incorrect. He can get dehydrated by not drinking water, thus making him dry.

Doesn't matter how dehydrated he is, if he's alive and posting in the forums, he's got some water in him

#217 Edited by LJS9502_basic (163100 posts) -

@Nibroc420 said:

@Laihendi said:

LOL.

#218 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

@Nibroc420 said:

@Laihendi said:

This. . .this is so wonderful.

#219 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

It's amazing how a thread like this can keep going for so long by people who are replying to the thread title without actually having read the thread. The OP's report was bogus and the source of the report has since recanted the story.

*************************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************************

THE APA DID NOT DECLARE PEDOPHILIA TO BE A SEXUAL ORIENTATION

THE OP'S SOURCE STORY WAS FALSE AND HAS BEEN RECANTED

Now, please, ignore me and continue your debate over this bogus issue.

#220 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

@capaho said:

It's amazing how a thread like this can keep going for so long by people who are replying to the thread title without actually having read the thread. The OP's report was bogus and the source of the report has since recanted the story.

THE APA DID NOT DECLARE PEDOPHILIA TO BE A SEXUAL ORIENTATION

THE OP'S SOURCE STORY WAS FALSE AND HAS BEEN RECANTED

Now, please, ignore me and continue your debate over this bogus issue.

If you're going do that, at least read up the facts first.

The APA removed "Pedophilia" from the Disorders list, and placed it into a category with "sexual preferences/interests", They then defined "Pedophilic disorder" as someone who acts on their Pedophilic interests.

There's nothing illegal about being a Pedophile, while those who're suffering from "Pedophilic disorder" are criminals, as they have acted on their desires.

The APA has since come out to clarify the situation, and to let people know that "sexual interests" are not the same as "sexual orientation"

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
#221 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4889 posts) -

@Laihendi:

@Laihendi said:

you did however say parents have the right to sell their children

#222 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

@Nibroc420: You should check your facts first before you tell me to check mine, because I did. This fake controversy was manufactured by an anti-gay Christian organization. The APA classifies pedophilia as a mental disorder, just as it should be.

#223 Edited by Born_Lucky (1730 posts) -

I wrote this, 15 years ago, for Sociology class. At the time, no one believed me.

"In colleges, until the 1960s, they used to teach that the four major disorders of a sexual nature, were - sadism, masochism, homosexuality, and pedophilia.

Pop culture and the public schools, (both controlled by liberals), have "normalized" three of those four, and now they're working on the 4th.

In 30 years, you will be called "loveaphobic", or something similar, if you object to middle aged men having sex with "consenting" 8 year olds.

TV shows like "All in the Family" helped normalize homosexuality, by casting "gays" as good guys, and Archie as the ignorant bigot.

You will start to see the same thing with pedophiles, in modern TV shows.

Pedophiles will be portrayed as the good guys, and anyone who doesn't think grown ups should have sex with children - will be portrayed as ignorant bigots "

It's happening sooner than I predicted.

#224 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

@Born_Lucky:

It's still the case that nobody believes you. I hope you were laughed out of that class like the ignoramus you are.

#225 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

@Born_Lucky: Did you write that paper for Bob Jones University or Liberty University?

The defining characteristic of sexual orientation is the gender of the subject and the object. Pedophilia, by definition, is not gender specific thus cannot be considered a sexual orientation. One would think that honesty would be important to those who claim the moral high ground, but that does not appear to be the case.

#226 Posted by Perfect_Blue (30487 posts) -

@Laihendi said:

lmao moron. ^

#227 Edited by foxhound_fox (97029 posts) -
@Born_Lucky said:
Pedophiles will be portrayed as the good guys, and anyone who doesn't think grown ups should have sex with children - will be portrayed as ignorant bigots "

Considering how they are currently vilified to the point of having their lives ruined before even setting foot in a court room to face mere accusations kinda proves you are wrong. There is no trend in the media to turn pedophiles into the "good guys", in fact, they are still being vilified in many shows.

#228 Posted by deeliman (3803 posts) -

@Born_Lucky said:

I wrote this, 15 years ago, for Sociology class. At the time, no one believed me.

"In colleges, until the 1960s, they used to teach that the four major disorders of a sexual nature, were - sadism, masochism, homosexuality, and pedophilia.

Pop culture and the public schools, (both controlled by liberals), have "normalized" three of those four, and now they're working on the 4th.

In 30 years, you will be called "loveaphobic", or something similar, if you object to middle aged men having sex with "consenting" 8 year olds.

TV shows like "All in the Family" helped normalize homosexuality, by casting "gays" as good guys, and Archie as the ignorant bigot.

"Delusional" is the perfect description for you.

#229 Posted by toast_burner (24939 posts) -

@Born_Lucky said:

Good thing nobody believed you. You're an absolute moron.

#230 Edited by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

@capaho said:

@Nibroc420: You should check your facts first before you tell me to check mine, because I did. This fake controversy was manufactured by an anti-gay Christian organization. The APA classifies pedophilia as a mental disorder, just as it should be.

DSM V has Pedophilic disorder listed as a disorder.
Which is NOT the same as pedophilia.

Learn your **** before you try to correct people.

#231 Edited by thegerg (18399 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan: No, he was commenting on pedophelia in terms of it being a sexual orientation, not an act. You seem to be very confused. Go back and read the post.

#232 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (9472 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@HoolaHoopMan: No, he was commenting on pedophelia in terms of it being a sexual orientation, not an act. You seem to be very confused. Go back and read the post.

Do you understand how much of a dip shit you make yourself out to be?

#233 Posted by thegerg (18399 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan: Do you realize that what you posted was incorrect? There is no reason to insult others just because you're called on your bullshit. Please try to act like an adult.

#234 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (9472 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@HoolaHoopMan: Do you realize that what you posted was incorrect? There is no reason to insult others just because you're called on your bullshit. Please try to act like an adult.

'Please try and act like an adult', 'You seem to be confused'. Seriously, go **** yourself. A grown man telling people to act like an adult when all he does try and correct other people's spelling and arguing semantics. You add absolutely nothing of value to this board or any discussion that has taken place in it.

#235 Posted by thegerg (18399 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan: Again, my comment has nothing to do with semantics or spelling. You're either confused about that or you're being intentionally untruthful. You're ignorant, or you're a liar.

#236 Edited by HoolaHoopMan (9472 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@HoolaHoopMan: Again, my comment has nothing to do with semantics or spelling. You're either confused about that or you're being intentionally untruthful. You're ignorant, or you're a liar.

Thank you for continuing to show just how much of an insufferable person you are.

#237 Posted by thegerg (18399 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan: Haha, reacting with hostility to being called on your bullshit doesn't make you right. It simply highlights your inability to think and communicate in a logical manner.

#238 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@thegerg said:

Thank you for continuing to show just how much of an insufferable person you are.

Why are you so angry? and towards randoms on the internet no less.

You made shit up, they called you on it. No need to get your panties twisted.

#239 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (9472 posts) -

@Nibroc420: An internet message board would be the last thing to make me angry. You assume too much.

#240 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@Nibroc420: An internet message board would be the last thing to make me angry. You assume too much.

You're reacting by calling people names, lying, and just overall being aggressive.

If that isn't you angry, what is?

#241 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (9472 posts) -

@thegerg: You're a buffoon and add nothing to discussions on this board. Instead of trying to add something thoughtful to any discussion you'd rather correct someone on grammar or spelling, or in this case try and correct someone on semantics when in reality you knew exactly what he was trying to get across.

Its amusing seeing someone like yourself telling people to act like adults constantly on here.

#242 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@thegerg: You're a buffoon and add nothing to discussions on this board. Instead of trying to add something thoughtful to any discussion you'd rather correct someone on grammar or spelling, or in this case try and correct someone on semantics when in reality you knew exactly what he was trying to get across.

Its amusing seeing someone like yourself telling people to act like adults constantly on here.

His corrections were nor based on grammar, and they were not semantics.
You posted something which was flat out wrong, and you were called on it.

Complain all you want, it doesn't change the fact you were wrong, and now you're mad because someone pointed that out.
What are you, 9?

#243 Edited by thegerg (18399 posts) -

@HoolaHoopMan: Again, my comment had nothing to do with spelling or semantics. That has been explained to you a number of times. Your continued insistence that it did leads me to believe that you're being intentionally dishonest rather than simply ignorant.

#244 Posted by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

I wonder if there is still a way to adblock the less intelligent posters on this board.

#245 Edited by capaho (1253 posts) -

@Nibroc420 said:

@capaho said:

Pedophilia is a disorder even if the urges are not acted on because sexual attraction to children is dysfunctional, it inhibits an adult's ability to form normal adult sexual relationships. There is no situation where a sexual relationship between an adult and a child is acceptable because children are not developmentally ready for such an encounter, either physically, emotionally or psychologically. There are no diagnostic criteria for pedophilia that define it as an acceptable alternative. If you believe there are, then you either don't understand what you've read, or you have your own issues that are in need of attention.

#246 Edited by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

@capaho said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@capaho said:

Pedophilia is a disorder even if the urges are not acted on because sexual attraction to children is dysfunctional, it inhibits an adult's ability to form normal adult sexual relationships. There is no situation where a sexual relationship between an adult and a child is acceptable because children are not developmentally ready for such an encounter, either physically, emotionally or psychologically. There are no diagnostic criteria for pedophilia that define it as an acceptable alternative. If you believe there are, then you either don't understand what you've read, or you have your own issues that are in need of attention.

Not according to DSM V.

Simply being attracted to children isn't a disorder.
Acting upon your urges to have sex with children, is "pedophilic disorder"

Quit projecting, it's clear you've misunderstood the subject.

#247 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/31/apa-correct-manual-clarification-pedophilia-not-se/

According to the DSM-5, pedophilia “refers to a sexual orientation or profession of sexual preference devoid of consummation, whereas pedophilic disorder is defined as a compulsion and is used in reference to individuals who act on their sexuality,”

To be diagnosed with a paraphilic disorder, DSM-5 requires that people “feel personal distress” about their atypical sexual interest or have a desire or behavior that harms another person or involves “unwilling” persons or “persons unable to give legal consent.”

#248 Posted by Perfect_Blue (30487 posts) -

This thread is worse than pedophilia.

#249 Edited by capaho (1253 posts) -

@Nibroc420: Your source is the right-wing Washington Times, not the APA. The term pedophilia has been replaced by more precise operational terms, but nothing has changed in practical terms. It's hard to figure why you are so obsessed with misrepresenting this issue. Read this:

http://alert.psychiatricnews.org/2013/11/apa-addresses-error-in-dsm-5-text-on.html