Patriot Day: 9/11. (2001) 17 years later!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Today is the Patriot Day. Can you believe it, 17 years has pass since the wake of America. I was in High School as a Freshman. My Teachers had to cancelled classes on that day just to watch the worst news in my lifetime. Never thought in my teenage years I would see such an attack could destroyed a Skyscraper aka, The World Trade Center.

Where were you OT during 9/11?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@davillain- said:

Today is the Patriot Day. Can you believe it, 17 years has pass since the wake of America. I was in High School as a Freshman. My Teachers had to cancelled classes on that day just to watch the worst news in my lifetime. Never thought in my teenage years I would see such an attack could destroyed a Skyscraper aka, The World Trade Center.

You are in your early 30's? Maybe you view it as the "worst" news in your lifetime but we have seen a lot of terrible things before and after 9/11/01 that were worse, TBH. I'm not getting into the b.s about controlled demolition and such but the government did fumble the ball in certain places.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Totally forgot about this. Was at work today. (I'm from the UK)

During 9/11, I was in primary school having heard nothing about it until I switched on the news at 7pm.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I believe Bush had encouraged people to work on this day and to shop

to show terrorists that we will not change

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

I still wonder about the conspiracy theories. Some are very believable. Not gonna get into it. But imo there's way more to the story than what we were told.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@Solaryellow said:
@davillain- said:

You are in your early 30's? Maybe you view it as the "worst" news in your lifetime but we have seen a lot of terrible things before and after 9/11/01 that were worse, TBH. I'm not getting into the b.s about controlled demolition and such but the government did fumble the ball in certain places.

I thought it was back when I was a young teenager as the worst news that is. I wasn't all into political stuff either. The Government sure was fumble back then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

R.I.P to the lost souls.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

I still wonder about the conspiracy theories. Some are very believable. Not gonna get into it. But imo there's way more to the story than what we were told.

I will say the only thing we're not being told is that the plane in Pennsylvania was shot down. It was said once at the time and then retracted and never spoken of again. And for the record there was an AF plane in that area at that time. And it was the correct response.

Nonetheless it's a shame for the loss of lives. Not sure why people have to kill each other. Not decent people in the least.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

I will say the only thing we're not being told is that the plane in Pennsylvania was shot down. It was said once at the time and then retracted and never spoken of again. And for the record there was an AF plane in that area at that time. And it was the correct response.

So you believe the testimony from the wives and relatives that those on board called are fabricating their stories? Or just that the plane was shot down before the passengers had time to enact their plan? I believe there's also a recording from in the cockpit from cellphones that were left on during the struggle.

I agree that it was still the right decision if shot down, but it doesn't answer questions such an outcome raises if it was.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I was at home watching the news.

I was only 7 years old at the time. I can remember it like it was yesterday.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Had cake and opened presents, and ate a lot of chocolate.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic

@MirkoS77 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

So you believe the testimony from the wives and relatives that those on board called are fabricating their stories? Or just that the plane was shot down before the passengers had time to enact their plan? I believe there's also a recording from in the cockpit from cellphones that were left on during the struggle.

I agree that it was still the right decision if shot down, but it doesn't answer questions such an outcome raises if it was.

As I said the initial report was it was shot down. They never mentioned it again of course and went with the made up feel good story. And wives and relatives were not on the plane.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

09/11/2001 was, quite literally, half a lifetime ago for me. But I remember it like it was yesterday. I was a junior in high school, playing football and heading to school early to watch review tapes with my team. I walked into the room we use where there was a TV and they had the news on. My initial response, I believe, was "Hey we watching a movie?" but then people were like "no this is actually happening in New York."

Then I saw the second plane go in and it finally struck me what was going on. Like, not exactly what was going on--I didn't know if it was a bunch of crazies, a terrorist attack, some weird plot--just that someone was flying planes into two of New York's largest and most recognizable buildings.

I didn't go home, but my classmates and I spent the rest of the day just going from class to class watching the news. The teachers didn't try to teach, just let us watch the news. I remember it was interesting because I hold educators in high esteem and this is the first time I saw teachers as "one of us", you know, very human. Some were speechless. Some cried. Some were angry. Some were in shock. One or two students throughout the day were pulled out of class because they had a family member that died; this was in the Bay Area, California, but even on the other side of the country there were still people they knew that worked in the WTC.

And then the fallout came: Bush more or less smuggling members of the Saudi family out, the invasion of two countries with the support of the world behind us, the truth about how we did not need to and should not have gone to war, the loss of the world's support, thousands of US and allied soldiers killed and tens of thousands more injured (not to mention hundreds of thousands of other people killed in Iraq and Afghanistan).

9/11 was one thing; Bush was quite another.

@Gaming-Planet said:

I was at home watching the news.

I was only 7 years old at the time. I can remember it like it was yesterday.

Yeah, sadly it is my most vivid memory.

I have a lot of memories but I feel, as with most memories, time sort of romanticizes or warps how you remember it. This is one of the few memories where I feel I remember it exactly, literally, how it happened.

@LJS9502_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Nonetheless it's a shame for the loss of lives. Not sure why people have to kill each other. Not decent people in the least.

I remember hearing that as well, they scrambled planes to intercept.

I also remember they were saying the initial death toll could be as high as 50k or something.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MirkoS77
@LJS9502_basic said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

As I said the initial report was it was shot down. They never mentioned it again of course and went with the made up feel good story. And wives and relatives were not on the plane.

If the intent were to give us a heartwarming tale of courage, why make an initial report at all? Could it be that during the chaos a mistaken assumption was made? This is what conspiracy theorists go bonkers over; they (with the convenience of retrospection) cling to any little discrepancy and attribute ulterior motives to it without taking into account the immense degree of confusion occurring all over the nation on that day. There were incorrect assumptions all over the place, even by the government.

Sure, wives and relatives weren't on the plane, but they did receive calls from those who were who were planning to try to regain control. So either these families are lying to go along with the story, or it's a remarkable coincidence that the passengers called them to explain their plan, were beginning to do it, and were shot down by a fighter at that instant. This is not to mention the struggle in the cockpit that was recorded, which if one is to believe the plane was shot down, would have no other explanation other than to think it was fabricated by the government.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#15 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I was woken up early by mom and she told me to turn the TV on because the towers were attacked. One was already down by the time I turned it on, and then I saw live the other one go down. I had a physical feeling of sickness just knowing I saw hundreds of lives snuffed out in just a matter of seconds... I still had to go to work that day, but I really didn't want to know. I was working for a directory assistance call center at the time and it was one of the worst work days I ever had in my life. It was a nonstop barrage of people calling in trying to reach people in NYC and we had no physical capacity to connect anyone there. We literally couldn't do it as their entire phone network was down. Having to hear so many frustrated people yelling at us and crying because we couldn't help them find who they were looking for; the sense of helplessness was overwhelming...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic

@MirkoS77 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

If the intent were to give us a heartwarming tale of courage, why make an initial report at all? Could it be that during the chaos a mistaken assumption was made? This is what conspiracy theorists go bonkers over; they (with the convenience of retrospection) cling to any little discrepancy and attribute ulterior motives to it without taking into account the immense degree of confusion occurring all over the nation on that day. There were incorrect assumptions all over the place, even by the government.

Sure, wives and relatives weren't on the plane, but they did receive calls from those who were who were planning to try to regain control. So either these families are lying to go along with the story, or it's a remarkable coincidence that the passengers called them to explain their plan, were beginning to do it, and were shot down by a fighter at that instant. This is not to mention the struggle in the cockpit that was recorded, which if one is to believe the plane was shot down, would have no other explanation other than to think it was fabricated by the government.

Rumsfeld stated as such immediately after the events of the day. Witnesses saw the plane.

And of course immediately after those witnesses everything was hushed.

And then the grieving relatives started talking about their loved ones. I'm sure it helped them a bit. But I don't see it as a viable reason for the plane going down.

This was broadcast.........does it sound feasible that they'd charge the cockpit and risk an explosion when they were told they were going back to the airport? Charging is sudden death.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the captain. Please sit down. Keep remaining sitting(sic). We have a bomb on board. So sit.

[…]

Uh, this is the captain. Would like you all to remain seated. There is a bomb on board and are going back to the airport and to have our demands met. Please remain quiet.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Rumsfeld stated as such immediately after the events of the day. Witnesses saw the plane.

And then the grieving relatives started talking about their loved ones. I'm sure it helped them a bit. But I don't see it as a viable reason for the plane going down.

This was broadcast.........does it sound feasible that they'd charge the cockpit and risk an explosion when they were told they were going back to the airport? Charging is sudden death.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the captain. Please sit down. Keep remaining sitting(sic). We have a bomb on board. So sit.

[…]

Uh, this is the captain. Would like you all to remain seated. There is a bomb on board and are going back to the airport and to have our demands met. Please remain quiet.

What about the story of the hijacker (pilot) rolling the plane side to side as the struggle ensued? Do you think that claim was fabricated since it coincided with the story of the passengers trying to "take back" the plane? Quite a few holes exist just about everywhere in the segment of 9/11.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic

@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

[…]

What about the story of the hijacker (pilot) rolling the plane side to side as the struggle ensued? Do you think that claim was fabricated since it coincided with the story of the passengers trying to "take back" the plane? Quite a few holes exist just about everywhere in the segment of 9/11.

Per the coroner.....

But Miller, who worked closely with the FBI during the 13 days that they investigated the crash site, admits that, in the end, he cannot prove what happened; he can only infer it. Neither he nor anybody else knows what exactly caused Flight 93 to go down and, as Miller puts it, "bring the world's troubles crashing down on our doorstep". Or, if there are people who do know, they are not telling.

Independent UK

The shortage of available facts did not prevent the creation of an instant legend – a legend that the US government and the US media were pleased to propagate, and that the American public have been eager, for the most part, to accept as fact. The legend goes like this: the passengers on the hijacked United flight, alerted on their mobile phones to the news of the other three hijacked planes, decide that if they are not going to save themselves at least they will do the patriotic thing and spare the lives of those who are the terrorists' intended targets; so they charge down the aisle, storm the cockpit, where a terrorist is at the controls, and, in the ensuing struggle, force the plane down.

The transcript that Newsweek obtained did indicate that fighting had taken place aboard, curses had been uttered, prayers raised up both to the Muslim and the Christian god. But for all the drama of the story, Newsweek did not draw attention to the fact that, in truth, they were guessing as to how or why the plane had crashed; that they did not know whether the passengers had even made it into the cockpit; that they had no clue what happened during Flight 93's decisive, desperate last eight minutes.

/quote

Some things that don't add up to the passengers attacking and taking the plane down...........

Debris. Debris was found 8 miles away from the crash site. This indicates an explosion of some kind.

US Air Force jets were close. Flight 93 took longer than the others to arrive at their target. Live news media conflicts with official government stories. Bush had authorized the jets to take the plane down. A federal air traffic controller had the AF in hot pursuit. They would have arrived in time to stop the plane from carrying out it's mission. They were there.

A telephone call to 911 from a man locked in the bathroom frantically telling them they'd been hijacked. That was the last call from anyone on the plane.

Also eyewitness accounts of a low flying plane over the crash site. It was unmarked but is similar to US Customs planes.

Another plane........a single Piper was nearby when this was happening and was told to get out of the area. The pilot did see the United plane. He was told to get far away and land.

AF planes also have signal jamming capabilities which can disable a plane without actually firing a missile.

It's more likely the government in some form removed the plane. Though it's okay if people want to believe their family as heroes. But it's doubtful they crashed the plane.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

[…]

Per the coroner.....

But Miller, who worked closely with the FBI during the 13 days that they investigated the crash site, admits that, in the end, he cannot prove what happened; he can only infer it. Neither he nor anybody else knows what exactly caused Flight 93 to go down and, as Miller puts it, "bring the world's troubles crashing down on our doorstep". Or, if there are people who do know, they are not telling.

Independent UK

The shortage of available facts did not prevent the creation of an instant legend – a legend that the US government and the US media were pleased to propagate, and that the American public have been eager, for the most part, to accept as fact. The legend goes like this: the passengers on the hijacked United flight, alerted on their mobile phones to the news of the other three hijacked planes, decide that if they are not going to save themselves at least they will do the patriotic thing and spare the lives of those who are the terrorists' intended targets; so they charge down the aisle, storm the cockpit, where a terrorist is at the controls, and, in the ensuing struggle, force the plane down.

The transcript that Newsweek obtained did indicate that fighting had taken place aboard, curses had been uttered, prayers raised up both to the Muslim and the Christian god. But for all the drama of the story, Newsweek did not draw attention to the fact that, in truth, they were guessing as to how or why the plane had crashed; that they did not know whether the passengers had even made it into the cockpit; that they had no clue what happened during Flight 93's decisive, desperate last eight minutes.

/quote

Some things that don't add up to the passengers attacking and taking the plane down...........

Debris. Debris was found 8 miles away from the crash site. This indicates an explosion of some kind.

US Air Force jets were close. Flight 93 took longer than the others to arrive at their target. Live news media conflicts with official government stories. Bush had authorized the jets to take the plane down. A federal air traffic controller had the AF in hot pursuit. They would have arrived in time to stop the plane from carrying out it's mission. They were there.

A telephone call to 911 from a man locked in the bathroom frantically telling them they'd been hijacked. That was the last call from anyone on the plane.

Also eyewitness accounts of a low flying plane over the crash site. It was unmarked but is similar to US Customs planes.

Another plane........a single Piper was nearby when this was happening and was told to get out of the area. The pilot did see the United plane. He was told to get far away and land.

AF planes also have signal jamming capabilities which can disable a plane without actually firing a missile.

It's more likely the government in some form removed the plane. Though it's okay if people want to believe their family as heroes. But it's doubtful they crashed the plane.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a5688/debunking-911-myths-flight-93/

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic

@br0kenrabbit:

Yes the FBI countered with a Falcon. They could not/did not name a pilot. Easy enough to do if he existed.

No mention of the mail found far a field.

No explanation for why Rumsfeld would state they shot the plane down.

No evidence to contradict the official records as to where the US AF planes were. They were seen.

Using the government as a source to say there was no government involvement isn't very intelligent. And from reading your link.......that was their source.

I know what was originally stated. The fact that that information disappeared and was never mentioned again is suspicious.

And FYI I don't generally believe in conspiracy theories nor the fact that the government was behind the attacks. It is absolutely the correct call to intercept and take down the threat though. And I think they were glad when the hero stories started since they didn't have to answer for it.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@br0kenrabbit:

Yes the FBI countered with a Falcon. They could not/did not name a pilot. Easy enough to do if he existed.

No evidence to contradict the official records as to where the US AF planes were. They were seen.

Using the government as a source to say there was no government involvement isn't very intelligent. And from reading your link.......that was their source.

I know what was originally stated. The fact that that information disappeared and was never mentioned again is suspicious.

And FYI I don't generally believe in conspiracy theories nor the fact that the government was behind the attacks. It is absolutely the correct call to intercept and take down the threat though. And I think they were glad when the hero stories started since they didn't have to answer for it.

I don't buy any of the consipiracies around 9/11. I was watching it all go down live on TV, and there was a lot of confusion over the next few days, as to be expected when something so dramatic happens.

But then we get the idiots moving in with their conspiracies. I'm not a tin-foil hatter, I'm a pragmatist. If there was evidence of a conspiracy I might entertain it, but there isn't. Some of the shit these people try to play off of, namely the chaos and confusion of the event, doesn't even make sense.

I remember someone telling me "where were the airplane parts when it hit the Pentagon! It was a missile!" I saw the TV footage, the airplane parts were everywhere.

Yeah, pass the aluminum foil right on past me. Don't need it.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MirkoS77
@LJS9502_basic said:

@br0kenrabbit:

Yet these points work against your argument.

You're right, why would Rumsfeld even state they shot down the plane down if the government desired to keep it secret and concoct a heroic tale? Isn't that self-defeating to their narrative? And you do realize that eye witness testimony is the least reliable, right? Seems to me that information shouldn't have even been put out there in the first place to disappear if they truly wanted to tell a different story. Did they have a change of heart after some consideration, or were they just incompetent?

This is always what amuses me about conspiracies, people believe that the U.S. government is capable of pulling the wool over everyone's eyes about certain events, yet the very basis of their argument against it not being a conspiracy stems from incompetent preparation or oversights from that same government. To believe in conspiracies is to grant them far too much credit. These people are bumbling morons who can't even get things straight in times of peace, much less in utter chaos.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic

@br0kenrabbit said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@br0kenrabbit:

I don't buy any of the consipiracies around 9/11. I was watching it all go down live on TV, and there was a lot of confusion over the next few days, as to be expected when something so dramatic happens.

But then we get the idiots moving in with their conspiracies. I'm not a tin-foil hatter, I'm a pragmatist. If there was evidence of a conspiracy I might entertain it, but there isn't. Some of the shit these people try to play off of, namely the chaos and confusion of the event, doesn't even make sense.

I remember someone telling me "where were the airplane parts when it hit the Pentagon! It was a missile!" I saw the TV footage, the airplane parts were everywhere.

Yeah, pass the aluminum foil right on past me. Don't need it.

Yeah but I tend to believe the taking down of 93 by the government. That flight was known much earlier in advance of the others giving the time needed to take evasive action. And people in PA saw the USAF jets.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: didn’t think you’d be a wacko about 9/11 :(

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:

@LJS9502_basic: didn’t think you’d be a wacko about 9/11 :(

Oh I don't believe the conspiracy theories. Terrorists attacked,.....not the US government. But the government did initially take credit for taking down. And there were witnesses to US being there. However, I think the government was more than happy to agree with the media feel good story. Nonetheless as I stated above.............it was the correct call. Just not one you want to admit to Americans that their lives can be taken by their own government.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@thegerg said:

@davillain-:

Are you American?

I'm no Native American so.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: That's why my supervisor said one of the F-15's he loaded with lives came back missing an AIM-120.

Anyway, one of my cousins died in the first tower.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I can't find the full desktop at the time. But, I still have a partial desktop of what I was doing that day. I recall making a backup files CD and recording the day's events through my Hauppage WinTV PCI TV tuner.

The original recorded video format was .mpg which consisted of huge files. I recorded those on 9/11/2001. I converted them to smaller .avi files on 09/12/2001.

That PC is long gone. But, I still have the TV tuner card.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

@plageus900 said:

@LJS9502_basic: That's why my supervisor said one of the F-15's he loaded with lives came back missing an AIM-120.

Anyway, one of my cousins died in the first tower.

Sorry to hear that.

Sideer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sideer
Member since 2018 • 29 Posts

Was at school too, such a dramatic day everybody stopped to live to see the news I remember