Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 creepychainsaw
Member since 2013 • 52 Posts

Hi Guys,

This is a weird request but what kind of gaming mechanics would you use/like to see if you were engaged in a game all about ousting the liars amongst your teams. I know about the game Deceit so not looking for game examples, just any mechanic ideas you may want to use or experience.

I am creating a live game that dabbles in these kinds of mechanics and would love some of your lovely input.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#2 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Waterboarding

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

Like any enhanced interrogation technique, physical or otherwise, I think it would not work well and would not give you accurate results.

I don't think people's true character is reflected into the games they play when given the option; in fact, I would argue that everyone roleplays to one extent or another when playing a game.

For example, I might choose to play an evil, lying assassion character in my next RPG I play. Does that mean I am a liar and evil? Only according to some idiot politicians that want to blame games for all the world's problems.

Even if the game was explicitly designed as some sort of personality test, by making it a game you force people to alter to their frame of reference. Some people might even adopt (again, as roleplay) a proficient liar's mentality to play the game simply to see if they can get away with lying (in the game), while in real life they might be terrible liars.

I think this kind of game you want to make would work better as some sort of card game or board game or physical, face-to-face game where body language, charisma, and actual adeptness at lying would factor in.

creepychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 creepychainsaw
Member since 2013 • 52 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Thank you for your response. The kind of game I am making is a physical one indeed; almost a piece of interactive theatre. My goal is to flesh out mechanics that can be used in real life that are designed around finding the liars amongst the players. If that makes sense?