OT, are you sensitive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

Poll OT, are you sensitive? (29 votes)

Yes, very. My good mood can be ruined by the slightest of blights, and I am brought to tears all too easily. 31%
Somewhat. Depends on the mood I am in. 45%
Not at all. Almost nothing can bring down my mood, and I rarely cry over things. 24%

Simple question OT.

Are you sensitive, somewhat sensitive, or not sensitive?

I am quite sensitive. It's very easy to bring me to tears, and my good mood can be destroyed in a heartbeat.

• 
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

i'm very much moody and sensitive lol

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6821 Posts

Not really, but I'm not very thick-skinned.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Depends. If it's just insults? Not really. But, if it's some kind of action that requires a like response? Sure. For example, some asshole decided to just slam the door of his truck on my car on the parking lot of a store. As soon as he went in, I buried my boot on the door of his pickup. I even tinkered with slashing his tires. But, I decided that big dent on the side of his truck is enough.

awesome3496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 awesome3496
Member since 2008 • 2209 Posts

A bit. But I get happy way too easy so it doesn't matter.

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Yes, but at least it works both ways. On one hand, the slightest repetitive sound can get on my nerves greatly when Im trying to sleep, and I have anxiety pretty bad. However, it doesn't take much to put me in a good mood; the taste of my favorite food or sound of my favorite music can perk me up right away.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I would say it depends. For somethings I can be dead cold. On others, like movies, I can get choke up or even cry pretty easily.

Avatar image for cynical_buzzard
Cynical_Buzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Cynical_Buzzard
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

It depends on things.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

I can count the number of times I've cried since high school (1994) on one hand. I'm pretty sure the last time I cried was when I got divorced (2002). When I get depressed I just tend to make work for myself rather than sit around and dwell on shit.

Pain just straight up pisses me off, but for some weird reason I have a habit of exacerbating pain. Like I'll chew on a canker sore, or stomp on an ingrown toenail. I dunno, it seems to hurt less afterward.

People insulting me usually makes me laugh, because 9 times out of 10 it's shit you can hear on any playground. If you're going to insult someone, at least personalize it to the person you're insulting.

Now, you touch me or my shit when I don't want you to and we're going to have a problem. I do have a short fuse with that shit and I'm not ashamed of it. Seriously, back the **** up.

Movies have never, not once, stirred my emotions. (Edit: Actually, Schindlers List is the sole exception...but there's more to that than just the movie and I don't really care to share) I can find them entertaining, they just don't effect me in that way. I think maybe because I grew up reading all the Hollywood FX magazines that were around in the 80's, so when I watch a movie I'm more thinking about the technical aspects than personifying the characters.

I have soft spots for people who through no fault of their own just can't seem to catch a break, though. I'm a sucker for a sob story.

And also dogs. I have a soft spot for dogs. I feel extremely depressed when I see a dog on a chain who never gets let off or let in the house. WTF people, why even have a dog? Before I moved here my neighbors had a little dog they kept in a small enclosure (maybe twice as big as my desk) and the only time they paid attention to it was when they brought the food and water out. I'd creep over in the middle of the night a few times a week (I'm up all night) and take that dog for a good long walk (on a leash, of course).

Ever seen a dog that's been jailed up its whole life finally get to move around? They go absolutely ape-shit with glee.

DNA-Hole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DNA-Hole
Member since 2013 • 49 Posts

I had a rash on the crack of my ass one time, does that count as being sensitive?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

I stop to let rabbits cross the road, because i dont want to run them over; I did once and felt horrible.

However i dont give a **** about people and their PC non-sense.

I'll use the C word towards women if i want. They call me by my genitalia, besides, the point of calling people nasty names is to offend them in the first place.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 br0kenrabbit

@Nibroc420 said:

I stop to let rabbits cross the road, because i dont want to run them over; I did once and felt horrible.

I'll use the C word towards women if i want. They call me by my genitalia, besides, the point of calling people nasty names is to offend them in the first place.

I've found beating people over the head with their own stupidity is far more satisfying than just insulting them. You should have seen the fun I had when my neighbor stenciled "English is are official language, learn it!" onto his tailgate.

:-D

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nibroc420

@br0kenrabbit said:

@Nibroc420 said:

I've found beating people over the head with their own stupidity is far more satisfying than just insulting them. You should have seen the fun I had when my neighbor stenciled "English is are official language, learn it!" onto his tailgate.

:-D

Assault and Vandalism are crimes.

Calling some idiot girl a C*** isn't illegal.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@Nibroc420 said:

Who said anything about assault or vandalism?

And yeah a few states will throw your ass in jail for cursing. Example:

(Texas)

Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;

(2) makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nibroc420

@br0kenrabbit said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Who said anything about assault or vandalism?

And yeah a few states will throw your ass in jail for cursing around women and children. Look it up.

Good thing I'm not in the USA.

PS. Not sober, i misread your entire statement xD
"beating people over their head" = assault.
And I thought you were saying you had fun stenciling that into your neighbor's tailgate :P
(He really wrote that, not realizing it's "our" not "are"?)

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 br0kenrabbit

@Nibroc420 said:

(He really wrote that, not realizing it's "our" not "are"?)

He's a proud redneck, whattya expect? lol

The guy can fix a tractor or any other wheeled vehicle with a rubber band and a coat hanger, but his world view doesn't extend beyond his nose.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

No ... infact I always laugh and gets icky at crying person.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Depends. Only when dealing with serious issues. In everyday shit, not at all.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

Depends on the day. Sometimes I'm rock solid and sometimes I just want to sink into the floor and never be heard from again.

The closer to sunrise it is, the more likely I'll get overemotional about dumb stuff. Sad homeless animal commercials at 5 am will always reduce me to tears.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I used to be so but not anymore. I'm quite thick-skinned now and I made a conscious effort to change myself. However, there are those couple of things that no matter how much I try I'm unable to get past them which really frustrates me to this day.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

It depends on my mood.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 br0kenrabbit

@XilePrincess said:

Sad homeless animal commercials at 5 am will always reduce me to tears.

You mean these?

Loading Video...

Trender_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Trender_man
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts

yes, desperately in need of a hug

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Gamespot community isn't just sensitive it has a full on exposed nerve in the form of Dark Souls. Just slag off Dark Souls and people will jump to it's defense like you just murdered their wife and eaten their first born.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d693385560c3
deactivated-5d693385560c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d693385560c3
Member since 2012 • 666 Posts

Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#27 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Yup, mood swings all the way =P Thankfully, like other users have mentioned, it goes both ways; I'm easy to please and a normally happy person but I do get anger (non-violent) fits quite often when things don't go my way.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Not really. I can be a little neurotic over little things. For example; if I wake up in the middle of the night, I can't go back to sleep until I touch the front door lock and light switch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@vl4d_l3nin: Curious. Is that the only compulsion you have? Sounds like OCD but I'd think you'd have more situations like that.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Not at all. I've found it is far easier to shrug things off than get hung up on them and feel bad. That is not to say I don't feel bad sometimes, but I generally don't let that effect my actions or the way I interact with people and I try to move on as quickly as possible. There is nothing I like less than people who wallow in their own self pity. Everyone has had hard times in their lives, not just you.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@Korvus85 said:

@vl4d_l3nin: Curious. Is that the only compulsion you have? Sounds like OCD but I'd think you'd have more situations like that.

Probably OCD. It's pretty regular, like before I leave the house, I'll pat my pockets for my keys, wallet and phone, then I'll take a quick loop around the house to make sure everything is off. It's always with environmental things, rarely anything personal/social. If I say something awkward, or end a conversation in a weird way, I usually don't stress.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@vl4d_l3nin: As far as OCD goes it's best to have it indoors than the alternative ;) And there's worse types of OCD than "checking everything before you leave" =P You seem to have it under control though =)

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@Korvus85 said:

@vl4d_l3nin: As far as OCD goes it's best to have it indoors than the alternative ;) And there's worse types of OCD than "checking everything before you leave" =P You seem to have it under control though =)

I should know.

I have OCD, and for me, it's more invasive thoughts than anything else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Kevlar101 said:

I should know.

It does get better with time and conditioning. I used to be a really sick kid, and everything always needed to be unrealistically clean, so at a point I ended up developing extreme germophobia for a few years....I would clean everything with pure disinfecting alcohol (that crap ruins everything it touches), to the point where I burned off my own fingerprints (they're back, now =P). It got so bad that a point I said "I'm messing my whole life up", worked really hard to get over it and I did and I have a perfectly normal life now. So don't despair, and if you need someone to talk with about your OCD drop me a PM. Stay strong =)

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@Nibroc420 said:

I stop to let rabbits cross the road, because i dont want to run them over

That's great. I feel the same. My driving instructor got really pissed off once cause I stopped for a bird that was sitting on the road. Sure I'm sure it could've quickly flown off but I didn't want to risk anything, and there was no traffic anyway. Stupid guy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@themajormayor said:

That's great. I feel the same. My driving instructor got really pissed off once cause I stopped for a bird that was sitting on the road. Sure I'm sure it could've quickly flown off but I didn't want to risk anything, and there was no traffic anyway. Stupid guy.

Apparently all driving instructors are assholes. Mine did the same thing; I'd always slow down to let pigeons (we had a lot of them close to the school) fly away and he always gave me crap about it: "Why are you wasting my time? The f'ing thing's got wings!". Everybody knows that given the chance, a city pigeon will eat itself silly and be unable to fly for a while. At a point every time he saw a pigeon on the road he'd press the gas on his side (overriding my pedals)...one day there was one on my side of the road and it was heavy traffic (so there was nowhere I could steer) and the asshole punched the gas and ran over it...made me feel like crap...

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Master_Live

@Kevlar101 said:

@Korvus85 said:

I should know.

I don't mean to be intrusive, but what kind of invasive thoughts? Because I think I might have the same problem.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Korvus85 said:

I should know.

I don't mean to be intrusive, but what kind of invasive thoughts? Because I think I might have the same problem.

Would you mind if I PMed you about it?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Master_Live

@Kevlar101 said:

@Master_Live said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Korvus85 said:

I should know.

Would you mind if I PMed you about it?

Sure, please do.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

My care-o-meter has been at an all time low lately.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

OT's theme song is 'Craaawwwwwling in my skinnnnnn'.

I've never seen so many feels in my life. This community could put my crybaby wife to shame.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

A long time ago yeah.

Nowadays i just don't care anymore.