OT, are you a nobody?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DrPickle
Member since 2011 • 370 Posts

Seriously, does anyone else here feel the same way?

Im just another fking random dude walking down your college campus. I have nothing extraordinary, I don't drive a fancy car or have a lot of friends.. im just a regular guy with a regular attitude and a regular personality.

I have a couple of friends. I don't have a lot of confidence just enough to get me through. I am majoring in Premed and used to have a lot of ambition about being a doctor, I lost so much motivation now I see myself as just anther fvcker whos gonna end up with a regular life, regular job, regular wife.. and be absoulely no - fvcking - body.

My life is boring and this is driving me nuts.

Do you guys have any idea on how I should boost my happiness level because right now Im fvcking depressed.

Thanks

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
Boost your happiness levels by looking into your life more. Find something amazing out of nothing :) That's what I do. Also it helps if you look in the mirror every morning and convince yourself that you are the sexy monster that you are. Then walk through your campus with a purpose and just be yourself >:3
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17252 Posts

Isn't a no body some kind of ghost?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 36117 Posts
eat a pickle
DrPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DrPickle

eat a picklecomp_atkins

There used to be a time when I could make great funny jokes out of this.

Now im just too damn depressed.

fvck!

Im no fun.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tenaka2

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"]eat a pickleDrPickle

fvck!

Would coming out of the closet make you happier?

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Dude, almost everyone is technically a nobody. That's life. No need to be depressed over it. You must be really young if you're just now figuring out that we're all just another brick in the wall (as they say).

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
if you're feeling that way it may be in your best interest to join a student group on campus.....most campuses have a large selection of student organizations to join catered to your specific interests......and all are looking for members......put yourself out there...give it a shot...
DrPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrPickle

[QUOTE="DrPickle"]

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"]eat a pickletenaka2

fvck!

How does a person exactly "come out of the closet"?

Im not living in my grandma's basement playing xbox 24/7.

I wish I was though, life would be awesome.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
You represent about 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the universe.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 comp_atkins

You represent about 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the universe.themajormayor
but he wants to be 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000101%

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="DrPickle"]

fvck!

DrPickle

How does a person exactly "come out of the closet"?

Im not living in my grandma's basement playing xbox 24/7.

I wish I was though, life would be awesome.

I think if you admit your love of the pickle you would be a happier person.

japa28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 japa28
Member since 2004 • 2797 Posts

Hey man, majoring in premed is tough no doubt, and becoming a doctor is no easy path. But it's a very noble and fulfilling profession, and it's awesome that you have (or maybe had) the ambition and the drive to go for it. Can I ask you what's changed to make you reconsider? I was in premed myself for the past 4 years, and am currently in my first year of med. Undergrad definitely was not easy, and now med has stepped it up a notch (or two, or three), but I'm on my way to becoming a physician, and it's a very exciting time, despite the many challenges that I've faced and that lie ahead.

On how to be happy, that's something only you can figure out. But you need to be honest with yourself, and simply do what you love. If you decide med isn't for you, change it up, nothing wrong with that. I know plenty of people who started off in premed who are now in business, law, art, etc. Goals change, people change, but it's important to do what YOU want to do.

I'm sure you're a very intelligent and interesting person. Don't give up hope, keep your head up, and always look forwards to the future. Things may seem bleak or unclear now, but they will turn out well, so long as you go about life with a positive attitude and do what makes you happy. Cheers.

DrPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrPickle

if you're feeling that way it may be in your best interest to join a student group on campus.....most campuses have a large selection of student organizations to join catered to your specific interests......and all are looking for members......put yourself out there...give it a shot...Omni-Slash

I kind of despise all those people, I suppose I don't tolerate people easily .. I guess im a little of a misanthropist deep inside. *shrugs*.

Besides, I really rather not bother...

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tenaka2

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]if you're feeling that way it may be in your best interest to join a student group on campus.....most campuses have a large selection of student organizations to join catered to your specific interests......and all are looking for members......put yourself out there...give it a shot...DrPickle

I kind of despise all those people, I suppose I don't tolerate people easily .. I guess im a little of a misanthropist deep inside. *shrugs*.

You are going to have an amazing bedside manner, can totally tell.

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TrainerCeleste

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]if you're feeling that way it may be in your best interest to join a student group on campus.....most campuses have a large selection of student organizations to join catered to your specific interests......and all are looking for members......put yourself out there...give it a shot...DrPickle

become a cam whore then
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TrainerCeleste

[QUOTE="DrPickle"]

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]if you're feeling that way it may be in your best interest to join a student group on campus.....most campuses have a large selection of student organizations to join catered to your specific interests......and all are looking for members......put yourself out there...give it a shot...tenaka2

:lol: It's funny because it's true
DrPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DrPickle

Hey man, majoring in premed is tough no doubt, and becoming a doctor is no easy path. But it's a very noble and fulfilling profession, and it's awesome that you have (or maybe had) the ambition and the drive to go for it. Can I ask you what's changed to make you reconsider? I was in premed myself for the past 4 years, and am currently in my first year of med. Undergrad definitely was not easy, and now med has stepped it up a notch (or two, or three), but I'm on my way to becoming a physician, and it's a very exciting time, despite the many challenges that I've faced and that lie ahead.

On how to be happy, that's something only you can figure out. But you need to be honest with yourself, and simply do what you love. If you decide med isn't for you, change it up, nothing wrong with that. I know plenty of people who started off in premed who are now in business, law, art, etc. Goals change, people change, but it's important to do what YOU want to do.

I'm sure you're a very intelligent and interesting person. Don't give up hope, keep your head up, and always look forwards to the future. Things may seem bleak or unclear now, but they will turn out well, so long as you go about life with a positive attitude and do what makes you happy. Cheers.

japa28

I don't want to change my major.

Im just sick of the fking competition, and people's hypocrisy... not to mention the nerds, I don't mind the quite ones who do their job and go home, but those that feel like they have the right to interefere with everything because they are all wise and knowing. Fvck all those motherfvckers.

I kinda lost motivation, but I still like the major.. I mean I don't hate what im studying. Besides, all those great people in medicine (like yoruself I assume) kind of demotivate me because I know it will be very hard to be like them. I can't even imagine myself give a damn lecture, let alone a seminar or conference.

Im really happy for you and I wish you all the best.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

May you find the answers you are looking for at the bottom of your next glass of whatever alchoolic drink you like.

DrPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DrPickle

[QUOTE="DrPickle"]

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]if you're feeling that way it may be in your best interest to join a student group on campus.....most campuses have a large selection of student organizations to join catered to your specific interests......and all are looking for members......put yourself out there...give it a shot...tenaka2

Im a fvcking caring guy.

Too caring I think, I get backstabbed a lot.

But yeah I fking hate patients, whiners and damn kids.

Don't judge me.

Tofayel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tofayel
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Regular freehand exercise, reading, traveling and managing a girlfriend would be good to you.
DrPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DrPickle

I think if you admit your love of the pickle you would be a happier person.

tenaka2

Do you want me to tickle your pickle?

[spoiler] no, unfortunately I like girls and t!ts. [/spoiler]

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts
I suspect the average person used to think very highly of themselves before the tel-lie-vision was made. Now it seems like many people have aspiration to be like the person on the tube, instead of the person in the mirror. There's a bunch of disempowered people walking the planet these days, not realizing the success stories they choose to ignore on a daily bases..
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TrainerCeleste

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="DrPickle"]

DrPickle

But yeah I fking hate patients

Out the medical profession.now.

An attitude like this is not one that's really wanted by the patients or the other staff. If you truly hate patients you shouldn't be taking care of them :lol:

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tenaka2

Regular freehand exercise, reading, traveling and managing a girlfriend would be good to you.Tofayel

'Managing' a girlfriend? Is that a fancy way of saying be pimp?

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6546 Posts

Your Majoring in Premed on your way to becoming a doctor. That is going to take you 7 years or so the become a full fleded Doctor. Young just young.

be patient.

DrPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrPickle

[QUOTE="DrPickle"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

TrainerCeleste

But yeah I fking hate patients

Out the medical profession.now.

An attitude like this is not one that's really wanted by the patients or the other staff. If you truly hate patients you shouldn't be taking care of them :lol:

The medical profession does not all involve dealing with patients.

Besides, I already said I care too much .. which is most of the times used against me.

I don't literally wish everyone I see dead, I love people who respect me and I'd do whatever it takes to help a true friend in need. Im not one of those cruel bastards who wants to see the world burn.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#29 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26217 Posts
have you considered talking to a counselor?
DrPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrPickle

have you considered talking to a counselor?Allicrombie

Yes, but never implemented.

I don't want to shoulder any person with my own damn problems, besides people already have enough with their own problems.

I know I do.

fvck it!

japa28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 japa28
Member since 2004 • 2797 Posts

[QUOTE="japa28"]

DrPickle

I don't want to change my major.

Im just sick of the fking competition, and people's hypocrisy... not to mention the nerds, I don't mind the quite ones who do their job and go home, but those that feel like they have the right to interefere with everything because they are all wise and knowing. Fvck all those motherfvckers.

I kinda lost motivation, but I still like the major.. I mean I don't hate what im studying. Besides, all those great people in medicine (like yoruself I assume) kind of demotivate me because I know it will be very hard to be like them. I can't even imagine myself give a damn lecture, let alone a seminar or conference.

Im really happy for you and I wish you all the best.

I'm glad to hear that you still enjoy what you're studying, because that's honestly very important for success in the medical field. And I completely understand the competition aspect of premed. Throughout my undergrad there were always "those" kind of premeds, the kind who joined student politics not to make a difference but to put it on their resume, who volunteer abroad not because they have a genuine interest in helping others or gaining any real life experience but just to say that they've done it. Sadly, many of those people end up in the top med schools, but it doesn't mean that they will become successful physicians. Sooner or later I believe that their false intentions will keep up with them, and they become the doctors who won't get very far in their careers. But that's just my opinion.

Personally, I don't consider myself close to one of those "great people in medicine." I've had my fair share of struggles, failures, and times where I would break down not knowing if this was really the right path for me. But a lot of time for self reflection and meditiation has made me realized that yes, this is what I want to do, and God willing I'll do everything in my power to make it happen to the best of my abilities.

You say that one of your strong points is that you care a lot, which is absolutely essential. The scientific aspect of medicine is essential no doubt, but people who are uncaring or unsympathetic will not make good doctors. Patients will sense if someone is not being genuine, and you will lose the trust of your patients that way. All I can say is ignore your competition to the best of your ability, and focus on yourself. Find people who have similar motivations and interests such as yourself and help each other out during your struggles and difficulties, it'll make the process that much easier. I think you'd make a great doctor - it's not all about the smarts, but also about kindness, generosity, care and compassion when it comes to medicine.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

Nearly everyone on earth is a nobody. The worst thing you can do is to think and act like you aren't a nobody when you, in fact, area nobody. Until something comes around that actually makes you a somebody.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

I don't want to shoulder any person with my own damn problems, besides people already have enough with their own problems.

I know I do.

fvck it!

DrPickle
you're not burdening a counselor with your problems....it's what they are there for.....you're providing them job security....
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#34 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26217 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]have you considered talking to a counselor?DrPickle

I know I do.

fvck it!

That's their job, to provide an outlet for people who need to discuss their issues. The important thing is finding someone that you're comfortable talking about your feelings with. You may want to reconsider, it's a big help for a lot of depressed people.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
I don't want to shoulder any person with my own damn problemsDrPickle
That's kinda how counselors earn their paychecks, dude...
Chicken453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chicken453
Member since 2011 • 2038 Posts
Dude I could help you with your coming out problem. It's easier to talk about it :).
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

You're a nobody to some people, you're a somebody to others. The ones that know you are far more important.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 9920 Posts

I don' t have that great of a life either but somehow I manage to remain happy and cheerful in general. I enjoy being me and I want to stay in this world as much as possible to take my chances of sth extraordinary to happen (it could be falling in love with someone special-I dunno).

It may sound naive but that' s how I see things. Pretty much...

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

You're a nobody to some people, you're a somebody to others. The ones that know you are far more important.

meconate

Well you're a somebody to me. :oops:

You're an otter to me.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 comp_atkins
you're a nobody and you're not alone... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot
PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

When you go to school, walk around on campus and compliment random people. Then walk up to a cute girl and tell her she looks nice. Just go crazy man.

Nuck81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 Nuck81
Member since 2005 • 7975 Posts

There is no excuse for being a loser.

If you want to make something out of yourself, then that's a decision that begins and ends with you.

Losers make excuses, and whiny **** threads on message boards.

Winners go out and make a positive impression on others lives.

You choose which to be.

DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

I think you will soon come to the conclusion that the entire human race, on a cosmic scale is insignificant.

Look at this picture; that tiny dot you see, is in fact earth. And this is taken from inside our solar system, and just think, if we are that insignificant without our own home system, think about a galatic scale, or even universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I live in a big city where everyone is a nobody and I prefer it that way. Blending in is great in my opinion and I'd rather live in peace than be a celebrity. My life isn't all that boring, though.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 9920 Posts

I think you will soon come to the conclusion that the entire human race, on a cosmic scale is insignificant.

Look at this picture; that tiny dot you see, is in fact earth. And this is taken from inside our solar system, and just think, if we are that insignificant without our own home system, think about a galatic scale, or even universe.

DeX2010

I think of this sometimes when I agonize over silly everyday matters. And then I just realize how insignificant and small such things are and shouldn' t be taken that seriously.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Become a serial bank robber if you want to get famous. Die in a violent shoot out with the cops, you'll be known for eternity.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sune_Gem

DeX2010

Feels kind of stress free to me. Like if you screwed up so bad you managed to destroy the entire world single handedly. It means nothing to the size of the universe.

Although on the other hand, humans could very well be one of the more important creations of the universe if we are the only intelligent life. We have already started shaping small things, who knows what we could alter given another millennium.

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts
"The Floating Heads" band might have an opening. Perhaps a remix to their song "I Ain't Got Nobody" will make you the somebody you always wanted to be. Seriously thou, there's nothing wrong with being low key, but there's a bunch of pressure and expectancy that comes with being the center of attention. Just be who you are and don't worry about what others do and think.
Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5372 Posts
You can try to alter something in your daily schedule if you're that bored of it. Other than that, we're all pretty much nobodies and lead regular lives, so relax and enjoy.